Windows 10: AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update

Discus and support AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; My AMD mobility radeon HD4500 video card is not working after windows 10 update. Where can I get a new driver for this which works in Windows 10. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dandi, Nov 22, 2017.

1. dandi Win User

AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update

My AMD mobility radeon HD4500 video card is not working after windows 10 update. Where can I get a new driver for this which works in Windows 10. The integrated card on my motherboard is rubbish. Need to get my card working again. I have seen other posts here which tell of video cards not working after an update. Thanks

:)

dandi, Nov 22, 2017
  2. knickii Win User

Taskbar overlaps application in fullscreen mode

1. After each major windows 10 update, I revert my display adapter driver to ATI Mobility Radeon HD4500 Series Version 8.970.100.9001 from ATI Mobility Radeon HD4500 Series Version 15.200.1060.0 (as this version makes my screen appeared stretch)

2. To all app, edge, windows explorer and every app

3. Toshiba L510, Intel i3. Windows 10 insider 14295.1000 (however this issue happens with previous builds too)

As for sfc /scannow, I got this error "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service."

Thanks

knickii, Nov 22, 2017
  3. NMUK Win User
    AMD ATI Radeon HD 3450

Hi,

After many users reporting the same issue after AMD Windows 10 Nov 2017 update where rolling back driver was not working we found the steps to resolve this for all of them at AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update Solved - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

Extracted steps from this article and post by psylocyble/jcorallo:

• Device Manager
    • Display Adapters and right click on your installed adapter
    • Choose Update Driver
    • "Browse my computer for driver software"
    • Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
    • In the list choose an older driver and click Next

In our case it was the 2015 driver which resolved the issue for most users.

Microsoft or ATI/AMD have made an major mistake in releasing these updates as we have received many calls in the last 3 working days from clients, for some reason is using Microsoft generic drivers instead after the update.

Hope this helps you and others.

4. dalchina New Member

Hi, actually you may find you need to use an older driver, then protect it from being replaced by 'hiding' Windows update for that driver. There's a tutorial for that.

First see if you can find a driver that works for you.
    (I recall one post where the user reverted to the previous build, saved the driver, upgraded again, then installed that driver).

Good that you looked at other posts here- those may help to give you ideas.

As we don't know to which windows update you may be referring, what is your current Windows build?
    (Window key + R, winver). I'm guessing you have just upgraded to the FCU build 1709.
    And please post a screenshot of your Update History. Thanks.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  5. dandi Win User
    Yes I have just updated to FCU build 1709. It took my laptop over 5 hours. These updates are beginning to get rediculous. Plus it has taken me 3 hours to find out how to roll back my video driver. Plus i've just found out that MS outlook has stopped working as well. I prefer it to windows mail. Progress!!!!!

dandi, Nov 22, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Do you now have your video card working?

If so, you should be able to use this to stop it being updated by blocking the driver update:
    Hide or Show Windows Updates in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

You may well find some threads about Outlook and the FCU here- I use Thunderbird; after MS messed about with Outlook Express, then Win Mail, then nothing.. I gave up with MS for mail.

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  7. dandi Win User
    I now have it working thank you. I will follow the threads to hide the driver from Windows update. Good job I am fairly computer literate. I do not know how some people cope with their supposedly user friendly machines.

dandi, Nov 22, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Quite agree.. Windows is NOT a consumer product. Back in Win 98 days I decided I'd have to know enough to get myself out of at least basic problems. Now instability comes without warning to some who are unprepared for a major update. What do people new to Windows- and Win 10- make of it I wonder? Who wants their first PC for Christmas then...*chuckle

dalchina, Nov 22, 2017
  9. donaldp Win User
    Looks like this is what I'm gonna have to do. :-( I have an ATI Radeon 3000, which is NOT supported anymore and I've only had it 18 months!) - was working up until this morning's update (1709), so now I need to follow these steps (sigh).

donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  10. donaldp Win User
    Thankfully, I tried one more thing before this, and it worked! AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update :) (though note that mine is a 3000, not a 4500) See post 9 in ATI Radeon 300 driver problem - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

donaldp, Nov 23, 2017
  11. jcorallo Win User
    I had the same issue on a bunch of machines with the latest Windows 10 update not working with the installed video drivers. The fix was really simple once I figured it out. Go into Device Manager, go to your Display Adapters and right click on your installed adapter. Choose Update Driver, then "Browse my computer for driver software", on the next screen click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer". In the list choose an older driver and click Next. The older version of the video drivers I used on 8 different machines fixed the problem on all of them. Good luck!

jcorallo, Nov 23, 2017
  12. dandi Win User
    I have just rolled bak to my previous version of Windows. The newest version was creating all sorts of problems and it was making my laptop nearly unusable because of CPU hogging and disc activity. This is the trouble with Windows now, you cannot tell what it is doing in the background.

dandi, Nov 24, 2017
  13. malukens Win User

I was about to give up until I reread this post to the very bottom. From device manager I went to Update Driver, browse my computer for driver, then "let me pick from a list". There were several drivers and I went all the way back to 8.970.800.9001 dated 1/13/2015. The screen flickered for quite a while and then, BAM: I was back at my native 1680x1050 monitor resolution. This is a good reason not to purge past windows updates. I located the the driver files in the Windows FileRepository (C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\c7179335.inf_amd64_14671056f7af5d3b) and made a copy in safe place just in case.

BTW - this is my first post to TenForums but I have come here many times for help - great forum!

malukens, Nov 24, 2017
  14. mtart Win User
    Holy cow, what a nightmare. After two days of going nuts and REINSTALLING Windows 10, just to have the same issue...I ran across malukens post that said "Radeon 4200 problem solved". Thank you, thank you! This was exactly what I needed. I am beyond irritated that I reinstalled Windows but I am so glad that I finally have a screen that looks normal again. I have an Acer S220 HQL wide screen monitor and could not get it to display the 1920 x 1080 resolution due to this pain in the butt driver issue. Given that malukens post was less than 12 hours before the post I am currently typing...leads me to believe there was a recent Windows update that screwed things up. Go figure.

mtart, Nov 25, 2017
  15. eric9000k Win User
    Good idea.

eric9000k, Nov 25, 2017
Thema:

1. AMD mobility Radeon HD4500 not working after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - AMD mobility Radeon

2. AMD Radeon HD7670M not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Radeon HD7670M not working: Every time i try to install the driver for my GPU my Laptop freezes mid update. I found out that this GPU is not supported on Windows 10 only on Windows 8/8.1. , i was wondering if there was any way i could make it work. I tried compability mode the driver succesfully...
  3. AMD Radeon HD7670M not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Radeon HD7670M not working: Every time i try to install the driver for my GPU my Laptop freezes mid update. I found out that this GPU is not supported on Windows 10 only on Windows 8/8.1. , i was wondering if there was any way i could make it work. I tried compability mode the driver succesfully...
  4. AMD Radeon HD7670M not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. amd radeon software not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    amd radeon software not working: Everytime i open it, it says, "The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver." how can i fix this?Sincerely, Damian...
  6. amd radeon software not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    amd radeon software not working: Everytime i open it, it says, "The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver." how can i fix this?Sincerely, Damian...
  7. AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10

AMD RADEON switchable graphics not working in recent updates of Windows 10: Issue: I have an ASUS N551ZU notebook with switchable graphics, an AMD Radeon R7 integrated GPU and a Radeon R9 M280X discrete GPU. I have the latest version of Windows 10 as well as AMD software installed on my laptop. Unfortunately, for months I couldn't have my games run...
  8. Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver: I decided this afternoon to update my AMD Radeon HD 8730m graphics card on my laptop. After downloading and installing the latest update, my screen froze when the installation was finished. Deciding to restart my laptop, it didn't want to boot windows and hasn't wanted since....
  9. AMD Radeon

AMD Radeon: Why do I have this on my computer? I don't play games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon/6b7296b3-6ea9-4f13-9a55-8e2384167250
  10. AMD Radeon Mobility 5xxx and Windows 10 just NOT working with me !

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon Mobility 5xxx and Windows 10 just NOT working with me !: Hi everybody, I am not able to get my AMD Radeon mobility 5730 to work with windows 10. I just upgraded from windows 7 professional yesterday and I've been at it since then. I've tried many fixes that I found on the internet and NOTHING works. So I am almost about to...