Windows 10: AMD on chip vulnerabilities reported by CTS Labs

Discus and support AMD on chip vulnerabilities reported by CTS Labs in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; On March 12, 2018, AMD received a communication from CTS Labs regarding research into security vulnerabilities involving some AMD products. Less than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

AMD on chip vulnerabilities reported by CTS Labs

Source: AMD Corporate: Initial AMD Technical Assessment... | Community

:)

Brink, Mar 20, 2018
  2. P5BROWNE Win User

Windows 10 Cumulative Update KB4054517 fails to install error 0x80070643

My AMD did an update on re-boot, and stopped at the boot logo.

In trying to fix an AMD chip security issue, MS ended up shutting down a lot of AMD systems. Current updates causing this are being pulled by Microsoft. ALL computers world wide are affected by security issues in the chips - please read the following to
    understand what is happening.

Meltdown and Spectre Fixes Arrive—But Don't Solve Everything

P5BROWNE, Mar 20, 2018
  3. Intel CPU Security Bug

THe problem with using the Feedback Hub is that you never get a response back. I know that Microsoft will put a fix in for it. The question is how will it affect the performance of AMD processors because AMD chips are immune to the Meltdown bug. As for
    Spectre, everybody is vulnerable to that, and there is no way to fix it in software.

Maelstorm.1973, Mar 20, 2018
Thema:

AMD on chip vulnerabilities reported by CTS Labs

1. AMD on chip vulnerabilities reported by CTS Labs - Similar Threads - AMD chip vulnerabilities

2. Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report: Kindly help to share the step to remediate this findings on our windows 10.1. Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration - #Ensure that any services that contain a space in the path enclose the path in quotes. NWSAPAutoWorkstationUpdateSvc : C:\Program Files...
  3. Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report: Kindly help to share the step to remediate this findings on our windows 10.1. Microsoft Windows Unquoted Service Path Enumeration - #Ensure that any services that contain a space in the path enclose the path in quotes. NWSAPAutoWorkstationUpdateSvc : C:\Program Files...
  4. Vulnerability Assessments – Detailed Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade with an AMD chip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade with an AMD chip: My computer meets all the criteria for Win11, except the fact that I run an AMD chip. The architecture of the chip is compatible with the basic requirements. Why not support AMD?...
  6. Upgrade with an AMD chip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade with an AMD chip: My computer meets all the criteria for Win11, except the fact that I run an AMD chip. The architecture of the chip is compatible with the basic requirements. Why not support AMD?...
  7. Kaspersky Lab pushes emergency patch for critical vulnerability

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kaspersky Lab pushes emergency patch for critical vulnerability: Kaspersky Lab has released an emergency patch for some of its antivirus products after a security researcher found a critical vulnerability that could allow hackers to compromise computers. The flaw was discovered by vulnerability researcher and Google security engineer...
  8. Surface updates for recent chip-related security vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Surface updates for recent chip-related security vulnerability: Introduction This article discusses the impact of the following security issue on Surface Devices: https://portal.msrc.microsoft.com/en...sory/ADV180002 Summary Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities referred to as “speculative...
  9. Linus Torvalds slams CTS Labs over AMD vulnerability report

in Windows 10 News
    Linus Torvalds slams CTS Labs over AMD vulnerability report: Torvalds, in a Google+ discussion, wrote: "When was the last time you saw a security advisory that was basically 'if you replace the BIOS or the CPU microcode with an evil version, you might have a security problem?' Yeah." Or, as a commenter put it on the same thread, "I...
  10. Kaspersky Lab discovers Silverlight zero-day vulnerability

in Windows 10 News
    Kaspersky Lab discovers Silverlight zero-day vulnerability: Kaspersky Lab has discovered a dangerous zero-day vulnerability in Silverlight, potentially placing millions of users at risk. In a blog post on Wednesday, the cybersecurity firm said the vulnerability would allow an attacker to gain full access to a compromised computer...