Windows 10: AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3

Discus and support AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi i just got AMD Overdrive today to check my AMD FX8350 "Thermal Margin" the only thing is that my TMPIN1/2/3 all a show absurd number of temp and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A5hm, Dec 27, 2016.

1. A5hm Win User

AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3

Hi i just got AMD Overdrive today to check my AMD FX8350 "Thermal Margin" the only thing is that my TMPIN1/2/3 all a show absurd number of temp and I'm wondering what's going on ?

AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3 [​IMG]

:)

2. Geheeh Win User

How do you launch windows 10 in safe mode, if you cant boot normally?

I get a BSOD on the log in screen after about 3 seconds due to AMD overdrive still being installed on a rebuild. How can I boot into safe mode to disable/remove AMD overdrive?

I have tried F8 but it does not work.

Thanks,

G

Geheeh, Dec 27, 2016
  3. Windows 10 boot stuck at: Scanning and repairing drive (\\?\Volume{hex-number-}): 100% complete

Once you get into the repair environment (as described above) suggest 2 options: either restore to a time when the computer was working or uninstall AMD overdrive.

Computerabber, Dec 27, 2016
  4. AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3

Caledon Ken, Dec 27, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    Some sensor or reading of it went nuts !!!
    Which AOD version ?
    Are you overclocking ?

CountMike, Dec 28, 2016
  6. A5hm Win User
    Sorry I have taken so long to reply. I am not over clocking. I turned off The turbo boost as well in the bios until I get a water cooler. I'm using the latest AMD over drive from the web site as well.

7. That article said it was Thermal Margin or room you had to go. Still doesn't make sense as as your PC is not in deep space chilling for those TMPINx readings . Could mean it is not getting reading. One poster said TPMINx was the motherboard socket. I would look what it actually is. If unable to read then that might explain large (extreme large) thermal margin +200C.

In a controlled manner add something significant to system and watch temps

Caledon Ken, Dec 31, 2016
  8. CountMike New Member

Yes that's the charm of AOD, it shows temperatures as margin to an event like throttling, dropping voltage/multiplier or shutting down because of overheating and that's exactly how AMD engineers calculated it. All other programs have to recalculate to show "true" temperatures.
    Different MB manufacturers place temperature sensors at different places so temps other than TMPIN0 may measure at different places.
    I know for my MB that Tmpin0 is processor (more accurately back of FX 6350) Tmpin1 is NB but Tmpin2 I'm not sure of. Some people having same MB tell me that placing a fan behind MB where socket is lowers Tmpin2 by quite few degrees but that's where VRM is too.
    Gigabyte told me that NB can reach even over 90c without damage but I'd rather not let it so I placed a 40mm fan on NB cooler, never goes over 50c while before that it was going well over 65c reaching to low 70s.
    So I'm actively cooling NB as well as VRM. I have seen some placing a small heat sink on the back side of VRM to cool it down even more.

CountMike, Jan 1, 2017
  9. A5hm Win User
    So I'm probably going to ask on the AMD forums to see if i can get some answers, if i do i will post back here. I also don't have anything to really add to the computer at the moment either sorry Caledon Ken. As mentioned earlier it is within a "Thermal Margin" just wondering how there's such a huge margin.

A5hm, Jan 3, 2017
  10. Great would be interested to see what AMD has to say.

I'll bet the huge numbers are when no sensor is detected.

If you want to heat up your CPU run Prime95. 3dmark.com has other tools. You are just looking for a benchmarking tool.

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
  11. A5hm Win User
    Ok well beneath all this i've been having problems where my PC won't boot it can be totally random as well which seems annoying, It's been a battle to figure out why.
    First of all it would just give me a black screen and wouldn't even show BIOS, my mouse had no signal neither my keyboard but all the lgihts on my X-Box controller will be lit, when you pressed the power button it would instantly turn off so i knew it weren't booting.

So for some reason my mobo won't let me use my BIOS with my HDMI so i have to swap to VGA everytime i want to enter BIOS, weird right ?

Then i found out my PC wouldn't boot due to failed overclocking giving me the options of hitting F1 to enter setup or F2 for fail safes and to enter set up.

Strange i thought as i haven't even attempted overclocking on this rig if anything i'd previously turned TurboBoost Technology off from the BIOS to keep my CPU cooler.

So yesterday i reinstalled Windows 10, went for a clean reset with nothing left behind. After it reset the PC to continue the installation process it happened again. Overclocking had failed and i needed to replug my vga in to even see the message that it's failed and to enter bios and has happened since.

I could have sworn at first it was MSI Command Center because it persisted alot whenever i used that program just to bump my fan up when the cpu reached about 55C, that was the closest i ever came to overclocking.

Right now though i think i'm going to get a refund and go for another product. I'm gonna carry on trying to see if i can solve it throughout the night and the morning but if i can't it'll be returned.

12. A5hm Win User
    @Caledon Ken i was told to inspect it using CPUID's Hardware Monitor and they told me that it wasn't being read right by the program, I'm not 100% sure but it think it's.
    TMPIN0-CPU Socket
    TMPIN1-NorthBridge
    TMPIN2-Motherboard

AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3 [​IMG]

13. AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3

Read what little there was in your manual. Something must be trying to Overclock if it is failing.

I think the two are presenting temps differently,. CPUID is actually temp it is recording where as the AMD was room to limit. Still not a lot of sense as we can see temps in TMPIN0-2 so there is no way you had another +200 that AMD was reporting.

Good luck finding overclock gremlin.

Caledon Ken, Jan 5, 2017
  14. A5hm Win User
    So obviously i really should have checked the manual at first. I just finished checking it, but it has no error code page or troubleshooting. Just basic component installation instructions. Anyways i think that's it guys, thanks for all the help couldn't have made it this far without you all. I'll be returning it and i don't think i'll go for a MSI motherboard again.

Thema:

1. AMD Overdrive and TMPIN1/2/3 - Similar Threads - AMD Overdrive TMPIN1

2. AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 suported but not AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 suported but not AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100X: According to Microsoft's list of supported processors the AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 is supported, but the new PC Health Check app says the AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100X is not. What is the difference or is this just a documentation issue?...
  3. AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Ryzen 3 2200G: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-ryzen-3-2200g/f60c92e2-b023-4503-92aa-f6e4f46c4d10
  4. AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G: AMD Ryzen 3 2200G windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-ryzen-3-2200g/f60c92e2-b023-4503-92aa-f6e4f46c4d10
  5. Overdrive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Overdrive: When downloading from my public library, the books come in Kobo two ways. One is Unread, which is what I want. The other is as Download, Kobo Preview, which I do not want. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong, try for 5 hours, NEED HELP Thank You...
  6. New Zen 2 AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X Desktop Processors

in Windows 10 News
    New Zen 2 AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X Desktop Processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the newest additions to the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processor family, the AMD Ryzenâ„¢ 3 3100 and AMD Ryzenâ„¢ 3 3300X processors and AMD B550 Chipset for Socket AM4 designed for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processors with over 60...
  7. overdrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    overdrive: I use overdrive to download books and I keep getting error reading odm file and in the overdrive application it will not allow me to open the help menu, I tried talking to Microsoft and he wanted me to reboot was suppose to send me link to reconnect with him and the link...
  8. Overdrive (for libraries)

Overdrive (for libraries): previously working well, now when I attempt to download an audiobook I receive "error in obtaining license" Moved from: Windows 10 / Performance & system failures...
  9. Overdrive (for libraries)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Overdrive (for libraries): previously working well, now when I attempt to download an audiobook I receive "error in obtaining license" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/overdrive-for-libraries/9a425ea6-9ff6-46b5-b5d6-c7e66329e911
  10. BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and boot loop after installing AMD Overdrive: Hello everyone! I'm running Windows 10 and just installed AMD Overdrive. immediately upon restarting, the computer boots to the user login screen and immediately restarts, which then begins the boot loop. I was able to successfully restore from a System Restore Point...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd overdrive tmpin0 temperature