Windows 10: AMD Radeon 6370M brightness problem after update driver

Discus and support AMD Radeon 6370M brightness problem after update driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I updated from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro RTM, everything looks fine till I update the Graphic Card drivers to the latest ones (15.7.1).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by pompeyon, Aug 1, 2015.

1. pompeyon Win User

AMD Radeon 6370M brightness problem after update driver

Hi,
    I updated from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro RTM, everything looks fine till I update the Graphic Card drivers to the latest ones (15.7.1).
    After the drivers update, brightness control stop working in all the ways (fn keys, control panel, etc).
    When I move the control bar or use fn keys to down the brightness, nothing happens till I reach about 60% and the screen turns off till I increase the brightness over 60%.
    The only way to solve this was to restore the 15.200.1062.1002 version.

Any idea?

:)

pompeyon, Aug 1, 2015
  2. inshelc Win User

WIN10 Brightness issue solution without uninstalling or roll backing to previous version from updated graphics driver

hi microsoft,

no general solution is working for me.

i searched all over the internet but no solution for me. so please read.

my graphics driver is AMD radeon HD 6370M. after the first time of windows 10 upgraded, display driver was 'Microsoft basic display adapter'. On this driver i was able to adjust brightness from both keyboard hot keys and power menu in the win10 taskbar.
    then i manually installed the stock driver for my graphics driver where the name shown in the display adapter is 'AMD radeon HD 6370M' here i was also able to adjust brightness from both hot key and power menu. but after windows 10 automatically installed
    a new driver for my GPU the name shown in the display adapter is 'AMD radeon HD 6300 series' and now i am not able to adjust screen brightness from power menu in the task bar but key board hot key still work fine. If i am roll backing into a previous version
    the brightness problem will solves but a series graphics performance issue is there while playing game or even opening folders and settings. i searched all over the internet but i really failed to find an exact solution for my problem and finally i reached
    in this community. please remember that i don't want roll back because updated driver gave me a slight graphics performance improvement. i installed the new update from amd web page in windows 7 there is no above mentioned issue in windows 7 ultimate. so that
    why i am writing this post in here.

I hope this community can help me

inshelc, Aug 1, 2015
  3. George.Ch Win User
    Windows 10-Cancel Auto Brightness

My laptop has a Radeon gpu. There is a setting in the AMD Radeon drivers where it says "Enable Var-Bright TM". This is supposed to optimise the brightness.... I switched it off and it looks like the problem is resolved.

George.Ch, Aug 1, 2015
  4. HBHB Win User

Yeah same BS that happened in win8.1. Anyway you are not alone, in win 8.1 I reverted back to win 7 driver and brightness issue was resolved without any side effects.
    I will look into this man , if any good results I will update .

5. HBHB Win User
    Pompeyon, what's up!
    anyway just to let you know I am running this package VGA_ATI_Win7_64_Z884 for my radeon HD6370m , under windows 10 pro 64 bits.
    So far no side effects, brightness works, hdmi output works and sound. Just need to test some games...that is my work around for now

6. pompeyon Win User
    HBHB, I did the same and it´s working.
    Previously, uninstall drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then reboot, install 884 drivers downloaded from Asus. During instalation BSOD apears and the notebook reboots but everything works fine and the drivers are installed.

Thanks

pompeyon, Aug 19, 2015
  7. zlatkomas Win User
    Hi i have try same thing driver from asus web side, first got blue screen after reinstall, now brightness works, but can't play movies, and erros on some web sides, after beck to orginal drivers from windows,movies can be played.... have someone other solution or help?

zlatkomas, Sep 19, 2015
  8. AMD Radeon 6370M brightness problem after update driver

Hi,

I readed your post on the forum for the problem with Windows 10 and the driver of the HD 6370M. I have exactly the same problem (brightness switch off under 62 %). Are you resolved the problem ?

Thank you very mush ! *Smile

WarriorWithin, Oct 22, 2015
  9. HBHB Win User
    install win 7 driver

HBHB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AMD Radeon 6370M brightness problem after update driver - Similar Threads - AMD Radeon 6370M

2. Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated: I updated my AMD radeon graphic driver using ccleaner.After that it required me to restartso I restarted it .Then it didn't enter .I pressed every key.Screen was stopped nothing work.And I turned off and turned on the spinning circle was stuck.And the bluescreen.With Clock...
  3. Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated: I updated my AMD radeon graphic driver using ccleaner.After that it required me to restartso I restarted it .Then it didn't enter .I pressed every key.Screen was stopped nothing work.And I turned off and turned on the spinning circle was stuck.And the bluescreen.With Clock...
  4. Can't enter to desktop after AMD radeon graphics driver updated

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem: I have installed the latest AMD display driver Radeon Software on my Asus Rog Strix Laptop, however, each time windows update trying to update this driver to an older version.In device manager, it shows the latest driver is installed but in windows update, it's trying to...
  6. AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD display driver/Radeon Software update problem: I have installed the latest AMD display driver Radeon Software on my Asus Rog Strix Laptop, however, each time windows update trying to update this driver to an older version.In device manager, it shows the latest driver is installed but in windows update, it's trying to...
  7. AMD Radeon Driver Problem - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Radeon Driver Problem - Windows 10: Hey There! I have problem with my AMD Radeon HD 6600M and 6700M Series Display Adapter. Problem: When I Install Drivers for AMD Radeon HD 6600M and 6700M Series Display Adapter, My Laptop Screen becomes Black and Nothing shows Up. If I put my Laptop in that condition then...
  8. Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver: I decided this afternoon to update my AMD Radeon HD 8730m graphics card on my laptop. After downloading and installing the latest update, my screen froze when the installation was finished. Deciding to restart my laptop, it didn't want to boot windows and hasn't wanted since....
  9. AMD Radeon Drivers

AMD Radeon Drivers: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 laptop. The last build that worked correctly was 1803. All builds after that have had bad AMD Radeon video drivers. Driver updates from AMD do not solve the problem. Windows works in Safe Mode but studders in normal boot on all apps and...
  10. AMD Radeon drivers

AMD Radeon drivers: Why do AMD graphics card drivers need Windows to be fully updated unlike NVIDIA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-drivers/9f190e98-7db9-4a9e-96f1-e1ae719c3731

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd radeon 6370m problem with windows 10 brightness

2. Amd radeon 7400m 60% brightness turn off display backlight

3. windows 8.1 amd graphics card download in radeon brightness

4. updated amd driver brightness,
  5. radeon hd 6370m brightness,
  6. 6370m radeon brightness,
  7. 6370m brightness