Windows 10: AMD Radeon HD 7340 causes Windows 10 to freeze while booting

Discus and support AMD Radeon HD 7340 causes Windows 10 to freeze while booting in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Packard Bell iMedia S, with and AMD E2-1800 processor, and AMD Radeon HD 7340 graphics. My problem is that Windows 10 will get stuck on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by soopg, Feb 13, 2018.

1. soopg Win User

AMD Radeon HD 7340 causes Windows 10 to freeze while booting

Hi,

I have a Packard Bell iMedia S, with and AMD E2-1800 processor, and AMD Radeon HD 7340 graphics. My problem is that Windows 10 will get stuck on the loading screen when it uses onboard graphics.

I tried installing Windows 10 with the onboard graphics, and got stuck at a black screen. Therefore, I've managed to install Windows with a graphics card installed. When I remove the graphics card, the computer will not boot with the onboard graphics. I can successfully boot into safe mode with the onboard graphics. This problem did not occur on earlier versions of Windows, so I don't believe that it's a hardware error.

The steps I have tried so far are: to update drivers via Windows Update (as recommended by AMD) and turning off fast start up. I have also tried to update the BIOS (from the Packard Bell website), however I get presented with the error: 'BIOS file size does not match the excising BIOS size'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

:)

soopg, Feb 13, 2018

2. Window's 10 upgrade from 8.1 Now no visuals with video...only sound

Okay, I just learned from another thread in the Microsoft Community that AMD left Radeon HD 7340 out of the last update that prepared for Windows 10, therefore I have no compatible drivers that will work with Windows 10 and there are none that I can download.

"The radeon hd 7340 was left out of the AMD Catalyst drivers ver.15.7.1 date:7/29/2015 for windows 10 64 bit."

I've read numerous fixes that people have managed to get to work, but I am not a techie person and most of what they say does not make any sense to me at all. So I will not try their suggestions because I don't know what I am doing.

My question is this: Will Microsoft and AMD put out an updated driver in the near future to fix this problem? And if they do will it be as easy as just clicking the update driver button? If they plan to fix this by releasing an updated driver that includes
    HD 7340, then I will sit tight with Windows 10 and wait. But if not, I want to know, so I can just go back to Windows 8.1. It worked great.

MarshaIddings, Feb 13, 2018
  3. Window's 10 upgrade from 8.1 Now no visuals with video...only sound

I am not a techie person. All I know is that some videos work and some will not work. But I did read this in another thread and seems to answer why I'm having trouble:

"The radeon hd 7340 was left out of the AMD Catalyst drivers ver.15.7.1 date:7/29/2015 for windows 10 64 bit."

MarshaIddings, Feb 13, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, if this problem occurred after upgrading to build 1709 (Fall Creator's Update) try using an older build of the driver.

There have been just a few instances where that has helped (feel free to research such threads on this site)- maybe it will for you, as you mention you did not have problems previously - do you mean with previous builds of Win 10?

I can only suggest you take up the issue of the BIOS with your manufacturer's site or forum.

If that works, you can protect your device from updates by hiding later updates (same terminology as Windows 7 Windows update). To do that, there is a tutorial in the Tutorial section, or you can use Windows Update Minitool (free, very useful).

dalchina, Feb 13, 2018
  5. soopg Win User
    Hi Dalchina,

Many thanks for your reply. This problem occurs on a clean install of Windows, so it's not related to an upgrade. I have tried installing an older build of Windows 10, and the issue still persists. Even on Windows 8 (with the AMD driver), it will either get stuck on the Windows loading screen or go to a black screen. However, with Windows 7, this issue does not occur. Where would I find an older build of the driver? AMD does not even supply a driver for Windows 10, they want you to use Windows update.

Many thanks again.

soopg, Feb 15, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Just to check- this was the first time you had installed Win 10 on this PC? IF so, that changes the problem.

I don't know the age of your system, but there could be a compatibility issue- and a few find they need to update their BIOS - which you've tried, unsuccessfully. It sounds as though it dates from Win 7 days... is that correct?

I can't speak for Radeon Graphics, as I've never used Radeon, so you will know more than I do. If they don't have a driver for Win 10, that could explain the problem.
    As your PC is custom, you don't have a manufacturer or forum or comparison to refer to.

You might be able to find out more given the model of your MOBO and see if there are comments about that and Win 10.

As regards the driver- although I doubt it will help in your case- I remember one thread having the user save the graphics driver used on build 1703, and then using that with build 1709. You probably can't extrapolate that to Win 7/ Win 10!

dalchina, Feb 15, 2018
  7. soopg Win User
    Yes, it is the first time that I've installed Windows 10 on this computer. Sorry to confuse you, but I'm referring to a different desktop to the one in my profile. This one is a Packard Bell IMedia S2100, and you're correct it does date from the Windows 7 days. I'm quite busy this weekend, so I'll do a bit of research on this forum and let you know if I've got anywhere by Monday.

Cheers!

soopg, Feb 16, 2018
  8. dalchina New Member

AMD Radeon HD 7340 causes Windows 10 to freeze while booting [​IMG]

- While that does not necessarily mean your PC won't work with Win 10 - most do- it may mean you either have difficulty finding drivers, or ultimately you may not be able to use Win 10.

dalchina, Feb 16, 2018
  9. soopg Win User
    Hi there,

Many thanks for all your help, and sorry for not replying. I've given up with Windows 10 and now installed Windows 7 again.

Ben

soopg, Mar 2, 2018
  10. dalchina New Member
    Thanks for letting us know.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. AMD Radeon HD 7340 causes Windows 10 to freeze while booting - Similar Threads - AMD Radeon 7340

2. AMD Radeon HD 6620G updat

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G updat: How do I update AMD Radeon HD 6620G https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-hd-6620g-updat/5121767e-b05b-4dc5-8a68-8f8ce430b31d
  3. AMD RADEON HD 7670 M IS NOT DETECTED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD RADEON HD 7670 M IS NOT DETECTED: HELLO, I HAVE DELL INSPIRON 15 3521 INTEL[R] CORE i3 3227U WITH INTEL HD GRAPHICS 4000 AND AMD RADEON HD 7670 M BUT NOW ONLY INTEL IS WORKING AMD IS NOT. I HAVE TRIED RESETTING MY PC AND REINSTALLED FRESH WINDOWS BUT AMD IS STILL NOT FOUND WHEN I RUN RADEON SOFTWARE IT POPS...
  4. AMD Radeon R4 Graphics driver causing micro freezing

AMD Radeon R4 Graphics driver causing micro freezing: Dell Inspiron 3541. Apparently back in 2017 there was a thread here in which Microsoft said they were "aware of the problem." Yet here we are in 2019. Since the most recent (November 2019) Windows 10 update, my graphics drivers has been causing lag, micro freezing every 2...
  5. AMD Radeon HD 3450

AMD Radeon HD 3450: So I recently purchased a refurbished PC, which is: Dell Optiplex 980 x64 based. It has the following basic specs: CPU: i5 650, 3.20GHz (Dual-Core) RAM: 8GB Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 3450 When I tried to run a few games like...
  6. AMD Radeon HD 7400M driver not founded

in Windows 10 Customization
    AMD Radeon HD 7400M driver not founded: [ATTACH]I can't find a driver forAMD Radeon HD 7400M if there is a solution plz tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-radeon-hd-7400m-driver-not-founded/374a768e-af80-42a8-b303-91ab6e3b13d7
  7. Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver

Windows 10 Update Fails to update driver for AMS Radeon HD 7340 Driver: I have been going around in circles with this so any help greatly appreciated. I recently did a Windows 10 Clean Install and everything fine except for my display. Initially Device Manager indicated I had a basic Microsoft Driver for my monitor. That's no good as I can't...
  8. AMD Radeon HD 6300M update failed to install windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Radeon HD 6300M update failed to install windows 10: In my history of updates it shows that on 7th October the update for AMD Radeon HD 6300M failed to install. Is there anything I can do or just wait to see if it tries again. 25883
  9. HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200

HDMI not working with AMD Radeon HD 4200: Hi. I have a HP Pavilion dv4 with AMD ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphic controller. When I installed Win 10, I was able to use the HDMI port to watch movies in my TV. Some time ago, the HDMI output didn't work anymore. I guess some Win 10 update broke the driver or...
  10. AMD RADEON HD 7730M not compatible with windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD RADEON HD 7730M not compatible with windows 10: I am running a Windows 8.1 laptop which has recently had the 'Get Windows 10' icon pop up. Clicking on 'Check your PC' within 'Get Windows 10' it says that I will experience problems with my display. Is there anything I can do so that I don't have any problems? I've...