Windows 10: AMD VGA Drivers Only Partially Installed

Discus and support AMD VGA Drivers Only Partially Installed in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; When I tried to install AMD VGA drivers, the installer hung during the installation of AMD Catalyst Install Manager. Now, that manager is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by gregyurkon, May 19, 2016.

1. AMD VGA Drivers Only Partially Installed

When I tried to install AMD VGA drivers, the installer hung during the installation of AMD Catalyst Install Manager. Now, that manager is only partially installed, and I can't install the drivers, because the installer generates an error message stating that the manager is already installed. Since the manager isn't listed in Programs and Features and uninstall tools can't find it either, how do I get rid of it so I can install the drivers?

(I downloaded the driver from Lenovo making sure that the computer model number and Windows version were correct.)

:)

gregyurkon, May 19, 2016

2. Hang While Install AMD VGA Drivers

We apologize for the late reply.

Just to verify, is your computer up and running at this moment? We suggest that you try to perform
    System File Checker. This will also help us to troubleshoot the issue that you're experiencing.

Click here
    to see how.

We will wait for your feedback.

Lawrence Lib, May 19, 2016
  3. Tsaabit97 Win User
    Hang While Install AMD VGA Drivers

I did uninstall, but when i tried to reinstall the problem still the same. The driver even not finish yet when installing, then my pc got freeze until i do system restore

Tsaabit97, May 19, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

AMD VGA Drivers Only Partially Installed

CountMike, May 20, 2016
  5. The problem is not with uninstalling the drivers. I've uninstalled the drivers and deleted the folder containing the drivers. The problem is uninstalling the AMD Catalyst Install Manager so that I can reinstall the drivers.

A friend of mine who works in IT suggested that I try deleting the relevant registry entries. (He also warned me for the second time that that's dangerous.) I tried searching for "amd" and the first 5 or 10 entries I found didn't seem to be relevant so I tried searching for "Catalyst". After waiting 40 minutes, I clicked "Cancel" and the registry editor crashed and restarted. On the next try, after 10 minutes, I clicked "Cancel" and there was another crash and restart. I closed the editor, and reopened it. That time there was no crash when I canceled 5 minutes later. How long should I wait before concluding that something went wrong?

gregyurkon, May 20, 2016
  6. CountMike New Member
    But that's one of main points for using DDU, it cleans up registry too.

CountMike, May 20, 2016
  7. The uninstaller tool didn't help. Neither does Safe Mode.

This is the error in Normal Mode:

AMD VGA Drivers Only Partially Installed [​IMG]

This is the error in Safe Mode:

AMD VGA Drivers Only Partially Installed [​IMG]

gregyurkon, May 21, 2016
  8. AMD VGA Drivers Only Partially Installed

Resetting Windows didn't help either.

gregyurkon, May 21, 2016
  9. CountMike New Member
    Check your .NET and Vc++ runntime versions, Catalyst depends on them.

CountMike, May 21, 2016
  10. You shouldn't mess with the Registry if it can be avoided, it's a minefield
    - it's possible to render your PC completely useless, if you don't know EXACTLY what you are doing..

Have you tried running CCleaner, it might detect and clear something that's been left behind..
    - it has Microsoft's approval and is entirely safe to use with Windows10,

- though, as CountMike says, DDU should do both jobs at the same time..

BugMeister, May 21, 2016
  11. I don't remember whether I tried CCleaner, but DDU didn't work.

gregyurkon, May 21, 2016
  12. CCleaner didn't work.

gregyurkon, May 22, 2016
  13. TweakRaGe Win User

This is stumping me to . I have ati r9 280x. Asus p6t mobo i7. I strongly don't think it'd hardware for me due to the time spent researching

TweakRaGe, May 24, 2016
  14. I posted a message at the AMD site, and they gave me some advice, none of which helped. They haven't yet answered my most recent question, which I probably should have started with. If Lenovo lists an AMD driver and an Intel driver for my computer model, does that mean that I actually need both, or just one of them? I think I know the answer, because reinstalling the Intel driver seems to have solved my display problems.

gregyurkon, May 25, 2016
  15. CountMike New Member
    Intel GPU should be incorporated with CPU while AMD should be an ad on card. Normaly it would run from Intel and when 3D or more power is needed (like for games for instance) it should switch to AMD.

CountMike, May 25, 2016
Thema:

1. AMD VGA Drivers Only Partially Installed - Similar Threads - AMD VGA Drivers

2. AMD Driver installed by MS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Driver installed by MS: Hello guys,Please i need some help with AMD driver installed from Microsoft Store, i currently reset my windows and so the AMD driver installed from Microsoft Store when i opened it, it didn't work and when i tried to see the problem, i found that the app is no longer in the...
  3. AMD Driver installed by MS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Driver installed by MS: Hello guys,Please i need some help with AMD driver installed from Microsoft Store, i currently reset my windows and so the AMD driver installed from Microsoft Store when i opened it, it didn't work and when i tried to see the problem, i found that the app is no longer in the...
  4. AMD VGA Driver - Win11 update issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD VGA Driver - Win11 update issue: I bought a new Lenovo gaming laptop.In Lenovo Vantage the pre-installed software that handles a bunch of system features and options, including Lenovo system updates, I got an update notice for AMD VGA Driver - Win11.When after I finish installing it and setup the AMD...
  5. AMD VGA Driver - Win11 update issue

AMD VGA Driver - Win11 update issue: I bought a new Lenovo gaming laptop.In Lenovo Vantage the pre-installed software that handles a bunch of system features and options, including Lenovo system updates, I got an update notice for AMD VGA Driver - Win11.When after I finish installing it and setup the AMD...
  6. AMD driver automatic instalation

AMD driver automatic instalation: So i have this old laptop with intel HD graphics, but when i first checked the laptop, the graphics driver had an AMD graphics driver, i knew something was wrong, and after using it hardly for like 30 mins the laptop got a blue screen, then after a little research it some...
  7. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD driver automatic instalation: So i have this old laptop with intel HD graphics, but when i first checked the laptop, the graphics driver had an AMD graphics driver, i knew something was wrong, and after using it hardly for like 30 mins the laptop got a blue screen, then after a little research it some...
  8. AMD driver automatic instalation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Installing AMD Drivers....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installing AMD Drivers....: edit: alwrite so Windows detected my GPU drivers properly, and the main reason I wanted to install AMD's drivers was for CCC so I can enable overscan. Did that by going to the the Apps folder, and the CCC2 folder, and the "core" folder inside to get CCC. It seems compadible...
  10. AMD driver installation failing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD driver installation failing: Hey guys, whenever I try to install the AMD drivers either via running the installer or auto detect, in the end I'm getting a message saying files did not install and to check the log file. I've got an Asus r9 280x. Control panel says "microsoft basic display adapter" under...