Windows 10: AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4

Discus and support AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; AMD’s lifting a (very) wee bit more of the veil from its highly anticipated Zen CPU architecture, and it’s sending a message along with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Chuck38, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Chuck38 Win User

AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4

Source - AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4 | PCWorld

-Chuck

Chuck38, Jan 9, 2016

2. Awesome!!! I can't wait for this to come out!!! *Smile

:)

Pavlemipie, Jan 10, 2016
  3. wandy_a Win User
    After installation of KB4056892 boot failure, after roll-back error 0x800f0845

Melerix

I am wondering if problems with these AMD "A" series processors ( example knight1fox3 )
    should be addresses in a different thread. They are something of a different animal as they have an internal graphics adapter.

From wikipedia........

Steamroller architecture (2014): Kaveri

Main article: Steamroller (microarchitecture)

• Steamroller-based CPU with 2–4 cores[62]

• Graphics Core Next 2nd Gen-based GPU with 192–512 shader processors[63]

• 15–95 W thermal design power[62][63]

• Fastest mobile processor of this series: AMD FX-7600P (35 W)

• Fastest desktop processor of this series: AMD A10-7850K (95 W)

• Socket FM2+ and Socket FP3[62]

• Target segment desktop and mobile

• Heterogeneous System Architecture-enabled zero-copying through pointer passing

The third generation of the platform, codenamed Kaveri, was partly released on January 14, 2014.[64] Kaveri contains up to four Steamroller CPU cores clocked to 3.9 GHz with a turbo mode of 4.1 GHz, up to a 512-core Graphics Core Next GPU, two decode
    units per module instead of one (which allows each core to decode four instructions per cycle instead of two), AMD TrueAudio,[65] Mantle API,[66] an on-chip ARM Cortex-A5 MPCore,[67] and will release with a new socket, FM2+.[68] Ian Cutress and Rahul Garg
    of Anandtech asserted that Kaveri represented the unified system-on-a-chip realisation of AMD's acquisition of ATI. The performance of the 45 W A8-7600 Kaveri APU was found to be similar to that of the 100 W Richland part, leading to the claim that AMD made
    significant improvements in on-die graphics performance per watt;[62] however, CPU performance was found to lag behind similarly-specified Intel processors, a lag that was unlikely to be resolved in the Bulldozer family APUs.[62] The A8-7600 component was
    delayed from a Q1 launch to an H1 launch because the Steamroller architecture components were allegedly did not scale well at higher clock speeds.

AMD Accelerated Processing Unit - Wikipedia

Although "fx" series vintage, I wonder if these "A" series CPUs might have slipped through a crack.

wandy_a, Jan 10, 2016
  4. grayhoose Win User

system_service_exception(dxgmms2.sys) while playing Assasin's Creed Revelations

2 AMD systems (cpu/gpu, one apu) with this error after the W10 anniversary update thank you.

grayhoose, Jan 10, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    It was about time for AMD to catch up. But that news sounds good.

6. BunnyJ New Member
    Great news.. I can't wait to see what the new processors can do and the price.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. AMD Zen-based CPUs and APUs will unify around Socket AM4 - Similar Threads - AMD Zen based

2. AMD Zen 3 processor not supported by Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Zen 3 processor not supported by Windows 11?: Hello,I just did the Windows Health Report in order to find out if my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and the results are a bit confusing.The report states that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and I am able to update through Windows Update, but further down in the report...
  3. AMD Zen 3 processor not supported by Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Zen 3 processor not supported by Windows 11?: Hello,I just did the Windows Health Report in order to find out if my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and the results are a bit confusing.The report states that my PC is compatible with Windows 11 and I am able to update through Windows Update, but further down in the report...
  4. New Zen 2 AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X Desktop Processors

in Windows 10 News
    New Zen 2 AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X Desktop Processors: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the newest additions to the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processor family, the AMD Ryzenâ„¢ 3 3100 and AMD Ryzenâ„¢ 3 3300X processors and AMD B550 Chipset for Socket AM4 designed for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen desktop processors with over 60...
  5. AMD Unleashes New AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPUs and AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUs

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Unleashes New AMD Radeon RX 5700 GPUs and AMD Ryzen 3000 CPUs: Today, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) announced the global availability of its new leadership PC gaming platform based on AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 series graphics cards and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors, as well as AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Processors with Radeon™ Graphics (APUs)....
  6. Which IoT Enterprise License for AMD Raven Ridge CPUs ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Which IoT Enterprise License for AMD Raven Ridge CPUs ?: Microsoft homepage lists the AMD Athlon 2xx series as supported under Win 10 Enterprise, but not under Win 10 IoT Enterprise. Will the "Entry" license of IoT Enterprise 2019 LTSC work with AMD Athlon 200GE ? And is it correct that the Ryzen 2200G and 2400G would instead...
  7. AMD Athlon CPUs on W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Athlon CPUs on W10: I have a client who had an issue after upgrading W10. These are the specs: HP Pavilion p6754y Magnesium Gray Edition Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP®Â*Support We had a problem with performance. TM showed CPU usage was in the 90s. After a lot of working msconfig,...
  8. In-place upgrade from AMD FX-8320E (AM3+) to Ryzen (AM4). Possible?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In-place upgrade from AMD FX-8320E (AM3+) to Ryzen (AM4). Possible?: I currently have a PC with an AMD FX-8320E CPU on an ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura motherboard (which has an AM3+ socket but not AM4). Is it possible for me to upgrade the PC to an AMD Ryzen and some new motherboard that has AM4 without having to do a complete fresh reinstall...
  9. AMD Zen Showcase Dec 13 3PM CST

in Windows 10 News
    AMD Zen Showcase Dec 13 3PM CST: Here is a link to a streaming video presentation on the new AMD Zen processor. Sign up at this link. http://www.amd.com/en-us/innovations...OTQyMzg4ODk0S0 Jim *Cool 72232
  10. AMD reveals an army of Ryzen PCs and AM4 motherboards

in Windows 10 News
    AMD reveals an army of Ryzen PCs and AM4 motherboards: So far, everything AMD’s shown of its hotly anticipated Ryzen processors hint that they’re the company’s most competitive new CPUs in a long, long time—chips poised to bring the fight back to Intel at the high-end of computing. No processor launches in a vacuum, though. At...