Windows 10: amdkmdap has stopped responding

Discus and support amdkmdap has stopped responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Brand new desktop, re-installed it today due this issue and it still occurs. My PC Screen randomly freezes, and comes back. Sometimes, i need to reboot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oxide, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Oxide Win User

amdkmdap has stopped responding

Brand new desktop, re-installed it today due this issue and it still occurs. My PC Screen randomly freezes, and comes back. Sometimes, i need to reboot to get away from the freeze.

I found this error in event log: Display Driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has recovered.

:)

Oxide, Sep 18, 2015

2. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Yeah difficult to pinpoint a source for the problem.

But here's a place to search for drivers/patches

Official Support | ASUS USA

And you can always try running some maintenance via AMD's Catalyst Control Center

(as I'm sure you know you can access that by right-clicking in any blank space on your desktop I only add this for those who may not be aware of this option).

amdkmdap has stopped responding [​IMG]

A-User-Where, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Just re-read your post and saw I misunderstood you.

May I ask what kind of computer you are using?

Some manufacturers modify the installed hardware to use a different driver from the one issued by the manufacturer.

HP does this and issues a different driver for AMD than either Microsoft or AMD.

I got this by going to HP's Drivers and Software Download Page.

Perhaps whoever makes your computer has done the same?

A-User-Where, Sep 18, 2015
Thema:

amdkmdap has stopped responding

1. amdkmdap has stopped responding - Similar Threads - amdkmdap has stopped

2. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: When i tried to screen share on discord my screen went black completely all sounds stopped and then the screen recovered and every app was closed when i saw the event viewer i saw "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." with event id...
  3. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.: When i tried to screen share on discord my screen went black completely all sounds stopped and then the screen recovered and every app was closed when i saw the event viewer i saw "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." with event id...
  4. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: So I bought a new PC a month ago and whilst playing many games the PC will stop responding and crash. When I checked the event viewer it said that the Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding but recovered about 11 times before the event log reported system startup which...
  6. "Windows has stopped responding"

"Windows has stopped responding": Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand. I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this. Caution, long...
  7. Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding

Sleep resume - Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding: Hello, I have an intermittent issue when coming out of sleep mode. Sometimes things work find but maybe 1 out of 4 times either the screen will not get a signal from the video card or there will be an image but the entire pc is frozen including the mouse pointer. Each...
  8. display has stopped responding and recovered

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display has stopped responding and recovered: Hello so I got this message today on my Asus ROG G750JM laptop with Windows 8.1 and it is the first time I got this error on the laptop before. My GPU is an Intel 4600 and a Nvidia 860m. I have downloaded the latest driver for my Intel GPU from the Asus website for my...
  9. Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and recovered? Help?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and recovered? Help?: Recently I've bought an RX 460 Gigabyte 4GB OC edition for my HP 500-056 with used to run with integrated graphics from an A8-6500 APU. To account for the extra watts needed, I bought a 430W PSU from Corsair bronze certified. Ever since I've got it which has been about 2...
  10. "Windows has stopped responding"

in Windows 10 Support
    "Windows has stopped responding": Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and English is not my native language so apologies in advance if I am hard to understand. I have a problem with my computer that I simply can not understand and I am completely stumped as to what might cause this. Caution, long...