Windows 10: Amending EXIF data

Discus and support Amending EXIF data in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am attempting to amend EXIF data of photo in Properties, Details. I can change Data taken, which usually includes time xx:xx, When, however, I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chipwood, Sep 18, 2017.

1. chipwood Win User

Amending EXIF data

I am attempting to amend EXIF data of photo in Properties, Details. I can change Data taken, which usually includes time xx:xx, When, however, I try to include time in the edit, it's not permitted. Time is automatically defaulted to the current.

Suggestions, please, how to get round this, or suitable application that will do what I want.

:)

chipwood, Sep 18, 2017
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Pictures

You will need to edit the EXIF data on the images, Click HERE for a list of free EXIF editors . . .

I Hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Sep 18, 2017
  3. GWinAZ Win User
    File Explorer should treat .mpo files like .jpg files

The .mpo files are 3D picture files that consist of two jpg images (left and right view). The EXIF data for a .mpo file includes all the fields for a jpg file.

File explorer does not display Date Taken and other EXIF data for .mpo files because it treats them as an img instead of a jpg. If the .jpg extension is added to an .mpo file, then the EXIF data is displayed.

Could a simple change to the registry have .mpo files be recognized as .jpg files and display the EXIF data as it should?

If yes, what changes would need to be made to the registry? Can Microsoft include these changes in an update?

I have experimented with adding the .jpg file extension to .mpo files and it appears the file content is not affected when copying and moving files. It would be awkward to continually add and remove the .jpg file extension:

filename.mpo (EXIF data not displayed but can be displayed in 3D) ->

filename.mpo.jpg (.jpg extension added, EXIF data displayed but can't be displayed in 3D) ->

filename.mpo (.jpg extension removed, EXIF data not displayed but can be displayed in 3D)

GWinAZ, Sep 18, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Amending EXIF data

dalchina, Sep 18, 2017
  5. chipwood Win User
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. *Smile Pity that MS are deficient.

chipwood, Sep 19, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Well, MS allows access to a lot of the data, but see this for an extension (utility) and discussion on MS's not exposing features for file types.
    File Metadata - Home

I also think that if we thought of Windows as an OS, not something attempting to provide all the features we want without the addition of applications, we might perceive a more appropriate demarcation of functions.

The problem is the boundary has become, understandably, confused.

dalchina, Sep 19, 2017
  7. chipwood Win User
    Interesting, but a bit beyond my aging brain! *Biggrin

chipwood, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Amending EXIF data

1. Amending EXIF data - Similar Threads - Amending EXIF data

2. JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.: I have moved some jpg photos to another computer. When I checked 'Properties/Details' on some of them, all the camera data, i.e. manufacturer, shutter speed, ISO and f-stop, etc., has disappeared. Can it be recovered?...
  3. JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG Files Problem with exif data missing.: I have moved some jpg photos to another computer. When I checked 'Properties/Details' on some of them, all the camera data, i.e. manufacturer, shutter speed, ISO and f-stop, etc., has disappeared. Can it be recovered?...
  4. How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data: I wish to look at the orientation data for images. While I can open these in a 3rd party viewer, I would prefer to see the EXIF before importing it into software. Photoshop, for example, will take the Orientation EXIF into account when it opens the file, but saving it will...
  5. How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data

How do I see ALL EXIF data for file? Windows does not show "Orientation" EXIF data: I wish to look at the orientation data for images. While I can open these in a 3rd party viewer, I would prefer to see the EXIF before importing it into software. Photoshop, for example, will take the Orientation EXIF into account when it opens the file, but saving it will...
  6. EXIF data for Nikon D780 camera in File Explorer

EXIF data for Nikon D780 camera in File Explorer: Why I can't see EXIF data and the thumbnails images for the images made with camera Nikon D780? I can see all data for other cameras. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exif-data-for-nikon-d780-camera-in-file-explorer/764ecc49-49bc-4e74-8e1f-7e6aa7bf8f3d
  7. Utility to timestamp photos by exif data?

Utility to timestamp photos by exif data?: I lean heavily on the Windows/Explorer file date and timestamp to sort jpg and other image files chronologically. This used to be easy when most of my photos were copied from a memory card, or directly from a phone. However, more and more of my photos are downloaded from a...
  8. Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 no longer downloading my photo EXIF data: Starting several weeks ago, my camera images I download no longer have the full EXIF data (ISO, shutter speed, etc.) under properties; details, It worked fine up until then and still works when downloading to my Android smartphone. I ruled out the problem coming from other...
  9. Unable to amend family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to amend family: Get below error when trying to amend family permissions. Anyone have idea whats going on. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-amend-family/57852365-bb19-4e38-bee9-152903bbe950"
  10. Where is EXIF data stored in an image file?

Where is EXIF data stored in an image file?: Hello, There is often metadata stored with image files that are produced by digital cameras, things like camera model, GPS information, aperture size, whether the flash was on, etc. Where is this info stored? Is it in a header at the front of the file or a footer at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. exif details for mpo files

2. amending EXIF data and rotation