Windows 10: Amharic Keyboard for windows 10

Discus and support Amharic Keyboard for windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using the Amharic language pack for sometime now. Recently few things have changed. 1 I am no more able to type the Amharic numerals. 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by aberaatsbeha, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Amharic Keyboard for windows 10

I have been using the Amharic language pack for sometime now. Recently few things have changed.

1 I am no more able to type the Amharic numerals.

2 Letter typing has become difficule for example to enter አርአያ if I type ር then አ I get ራ። I have to enter ር then space then አ and then go back delete the space

3 the backspace key does not work when I am using the Amharic keyboard

Thank you

:)

aberaatsbeha, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Am360 Win User

Suggestion on enhancement of typing Amharic words

To those who developed Amharic typing/keyboarding system. I have one comment/suggestion on it.

"Enter" or "Space" key is used frequently when Amharic words are typed. These keys help to select the right word from displayed options. To make Amharic typing fast and easy please enhance it to take the first choice when the user press any other key that
    is not listed as options. For example to type the word "ሚስጥር" here are the steps on the current Amharic typing system

1. pressing "m" and then "i" and then space/enter keys (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" and then space/enter keys (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." and then space/enter keys (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" and then space/enter keys (to type ር)

I suggest to have a possibility not to use space/enter keys to write the same word ("ሚስጥር"). That means when I press "m" and then "i", I have two available options "ሚ" and "ሜ". space/enter key is used to type "ሚ" and "e" is used to type "ሜ". If the user
    type any other keys (other than "e" or space/enter), it will not write anything on the screen because it is out of the available options. What I am suggesting here is that - when the user types any key which is not in the available options, let it take the
    first option.

if you apply the above suggestion here will be the steps to type the word "ሚስጥር"

1. pressing "m" and then "i" (to type ሚ)

2. pressing "s" (to type ስ)

3. pressing "t" and then "." (to type ጥ)

4. pressing "r" (to type ር)

This will make typing Amharic words very easy and fast.

Am360, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Amharic Keyboard

I cant wrote Ethiopian Amharic Fonts pls help me.

BeleteTeshome{}, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Amharic Keyboard for windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Amharic Keyboard for windows 10

1. Amharic Keyboard for windows 10 - Similar Threads - Amharic Keyboard

2. I only see my screensaver after not giving input on my keyboard or mouse for a while.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only see my screensaver after not giving input on my keyboard or mouse for a while.: Hi, its really quite simple, after i dont touch my keyboard or mouse for a while my screen just only shows my wallpaper and hides all my apps and taskbar. i have tried to stop this from happening by using for example an autoclicker but with no success. I have tried watching...
  3. I only see my screensaver after not giving input on my keyboard or mouse for a while.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I only see my screensaver after not giving input on my keyboard or mouse for a while.: Hi, its really quite simple, after i dont touch my keyboard or mouse for a while my screen just only shows my wallpaper and hides all my apps and taskbar. i have tried to stop this from happening by using for example an autoclicker but with no success. I have tried watching...
  4. New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft Arc keyboard suddenly stopped working have tried on two different laptops: I recently bought a new Microsoft Arc keyboard which worked well for a week. It suddenly stopped working on a windows 11 laptop. I even tried on a different windows 10 laptop but the keyboard is not working on either.The keyboard is recognised on both laptops, drivers are...
  5. Amharic Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Amharic Keyboard: Hello, I am using the Amharic keyboard on Windows 10. I can not type these letters in Amharic - ፀ ጸ. It should have work when I press "Shift + S" or "Shift + SS", but instead it types the letterሽ. I would really appreciate any help, Or...
  6. Amharic font uses Power Geez UNICODE office 2019

Amharic font uses Power Geez UNICODE office 2019: I have installed the office 2019 application recently. However, unlike Office 2010 and other previous versions, I couldn't write Amharic font on this one. The Amharic font uses another application called Power Geez UNICODE. This application works fine with office 2010 and...
  7. How to Write Amharic Numerals in Windows 10

How to Write Amharic Numerals in Windows 10: Windows' Amharic keyboard has improved over the years and it's now almost perfect with Windows 10. However, unlike the previous versions of Windows, writing Amharic numerals doesn't seem possible. In previous versions, typing the single quote character ' followed by a number...
  8. Amharic Keyboard update in Windows 10

Amharic Keyboard update in Windows 10: I have been studying Amharic for quite a length of time. Have also learnt to type in Amharic. The original Amharic keyboard for Windows 7, later also in Windows 8 and Windows 10 worked extremely well. Now with the update, for one I have had to almost learn to type from...
  9. Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout

Keyboard not working properly on Amharic language keyboard layout: Hello Guys, I used Amharic language quite a lot on windows. But recently Microsoft has updated this language tools and the new version has a lot problems. Sometimes I can't use "Back Space" key on my computer because it is not functioning on new version of Amharic...
  10. About new version of Amharic language to Window 10 pro

About new version of Amharic language to Window 10 pro: Hello Guys, I used Amharic language quite a lot on windows. But recently Microsoft has updated this language tools and the new version has a lot problems. Sometimes I can't use "Back Space" key on my computer because it is not functioning on new version of Amharic...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amharic keyboard for windows 10

2. How to write Amharic in Windows 10

3. amharic keyboard

4. amharic keyboard windows 10,
  5. amharic fonts for win 10,
  6. windows 10 amharic keyboard layout,
  7. Amharic keyboard on Windows 10 pc to write X or C,
  8. amharic keyboard windows,
  9. How to use Amharic keyboard on Windows 10,
  10. amharic keyboard for pc windows 10,
  11. how to i write amharic later in window 10 keybord,