Windows 10: An administrator has blocked you from running this app Fall Creator's

Discus and support An administrator has blocked you from running this app Fall Creator's in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I thought I wanted to install Winows 10 clean for my friend on her laptop. The new media creation tool includes the fall creators update but, I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ckaniphoenix, Oct 19, 2017.

1. An administrator has blocked you from running this app Fall Creator's

I thought I wanted to install Winows 10 clean for my friend on her laptop. The new media creation tool includes the fall creators update but, I can't install the drivers for it as I get the error " An Administrator has blocked you from running this app" The drivers are straight from Hp's Site so now the laptop is absolutely crippled.

The only workaround so far is
    'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System' Select 'EnableLUA' and change the value to '0' instead of '1'.
    Close the 'Registry Editor' and restart the computer for it to take effect.

I hate that I need to disable UAC this way to install the official drivers for this laptop.

:)

ckaniphoenix, Oct 19, 2017

2. "An administrator has blocked you from running this app"

I didn't have any System Restore Point. I have reset
    my PC. I did it without deleting my files. All the apps were removed and the OS was installed again. Now the error is gone. Finally the problem is solved but I had to go through the pain of installing many software because they were removed. Anyways
    thanks to all those who tried helping me get through this.

AbhinavCowkur, Oct 19, 2017
  3. "An administrator has blocked you from running this app"

Since SFC (System File Checker) scan didn't work, we suggest that you follow the instructions provided by
    ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP) through this
    link

Feel free to post back should you have further concern.

Desiree Yau, Oct 19, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

An administrator has blocked you from running this app Fall Creator's

Just wondering why you need drivers from HP's site. Assuming you can boot and use the laptop, which drivers did you find were missing after installing Windows?

And for which build of Windows were the drivers on HP's site released?

dalchina, Oct 19, 2017
  5. The sata achi device drivers were not installed, transfers om rhe sata ssd was 20mbs,
    The camera did not work,
    Neither the wifi nor the lan worked
    The lcd did not work properly as this laptop has an lcd driver, screen hangs and flickers
    The sd card slot did not function propely and could not detect sd cards

Note this did not fix the problem as when I turn on UAC it immediately disables the wifi driver and puts the laptop into airplane mode. I may have found the issue somewhat but, not sure what to do about it. This laptop model had two variants, one an amd and another an i3. Windows is trying to install the drivers for the intel model but this one is amd. I caught windows update trying to install an intel video driver.

6. dalchina New Member
    What is the model of the laptop, and which version of Windows did it originally come with?

Which was it previously running?

dalchina, Oct 19, 2017
  7. Iti is a somewhat older small laptop, I assume it came with either windows 7 or 8 as it has drivers for both. It is an hp 3125m. 6gb ddr3,480gb ssd.

8. dalchina New Member

HP 3115m Mini 11.6" Windows 10 Netbook Laptop PC AMD 1.3GHz 4GB 320GB Webcam Wifi and Beats Audio
    - indicates that the laptop is capable of running a version of Win 10 (despite Win 7,8 drivers being available from HP) - but that's not unusual of course.

HP's comment on products not tested with the Fall CU
    HP Products Tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support

A few have experiences issues with driver changes from the CU to the Fall CU- nothing to the extent you suggest.

I'd suggest you might try the CU rather than the Fall CU and see what happens.

dalchina, Oct 19, 2017
  9. Right it had CU on it but she had all kind of crap installed on it and ran badly so I wiped it. Unfortunately the MS media creation tool is 1709. It runs fine with 1709 without UAC. The only problem with UAC once the drivers are installed is the wireless driver. It is somethinfg like a "ralink wireless driver". I may look around for an update to that driver.

10. dalchina New Member
    Two suggestions:
    1. I can provide you a download link for the CU
    2. I would definitely not normally suggest it, and wasn't going to do so as you had numerous driver problems, but you could try Drivermax (a driver scanner) - the free version allows 2 drivers per day.

I have used that successfully occasionally over the years when a driver for some device has not been available.

Various odd small snags are reported with the Fall CU - my policy with the major build upgrades is to wait until at least the first major update to that build is out.

dalchina, Oct 19, 2017
  11. Well I found a solution. Mediatek made this wireless card so they did have a newer driver.which works fine with UAC. As to why windows would not let me use the drivers off the hp site I have no idea. They work fine once installed. I had to go old school and look under the device manager and use the compatible id's list to find the model which I have not had to do since the ide 133 days. I did not have anything like this happen to my computers. Thanks for the help.

12. dalchina New Member
    Suggests MS's driver list may not include your model..

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. An administrator has blocked you from running this app Fall Creator's - Similar Threads - administrator has blocked

2. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  3. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app.: I have had an app on my system for years. It has worked faultlessly every time I have needed it, it did backups of my data.I have just noticed that it has stopped automatically backing up my machine so went to investigate and got the above message.I am the only administrator...
  4. MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app

in Windows 10 Customization
    MMC : An Administrator has blocked you from running app: Recently, out of the blue, I got an error message about "snap in" but I didn't get to read it properly before closing it by accident. After that, I can't seem to start things like Device Manager or Task scheduler please see attached image below. However, if I start a CMD...
  5. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    An Administrator has blocked you from running this app...: Hello, First of all, I have the administrative rights on my windows 10 computer but when I open the Services software on control panel, it says "An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..." when I am an Administrator and I only have one account in my computer....
  6. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I'm trying to run a CD on my desktop but everytime I get the "an administrator has blocked you from running this app". I'm the administrator for my desktop so how can I unblock and run this CD installation?...
  7. An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..

An Administrator has blocked you from running this app..: I have a calendar program that I have been using for years Calendar Creator. Suddenly, after the latest Win 10 update, I get the message below. I AM the administrator. The only way I can get the program to run is to go to the command prompt with administrator privileges, and...
  8. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: here's the thing,one or two days ago, I noticed that in somewhere of the setting, it says your windows product life cycle is ending or something, so I upgraded from 1803 to 1909using indows 10 Update Assistantnd after that when I try to run xunlei.exe at d:,it says that "an...
  9. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

an administrator has blocked you from running this app: When ever i run an .msc extension system tool this error pop up and i tried many other way which were asked to fix this problem on Microsoft blog. Please help me....
  10. an administrator has blocked you from running this app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an administrator has blocked you from running this app: I am trying out this 'getprivate' software and it installed correctly. When it run for first time it has no problem. when I close the windows, next time I launch it, it won't open, a window pop up, 'an administrator has blocked your from this app. I did some research on...