Windows 10: An administrator tried to locate this device.

Discus and support An administrator tried to locate this device. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi so the other night I had decided to go into my Microsoft account on microsoft.com. When I looked at my devices I had clicked locate on Windwows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Redbatman, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Redbatman Win User

An administrator tried to locate this device.

Hi so the other night I had decided to go into my Microsoft account on microsoft.com. When I looked at my devices I had clicked locate on Windwows 10 desktop and I heard a notification sound on my desktop that an administrator tried to locate this device.

Well I closed it and went on with my day. However every time I bring my desktop out of sleep I get the notification again and again. I managed to do a temp fix by disabling the location on my desktop, but when I re enable it the notification comes back. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

:)

Redbatman, Mar 29, 2018
  2. tmo123 Win User

Find my Device / Action Center

When you try to locate your device/pc it shows up in Action Center on that device...the notification says "An Administrator tried to locate this device on account.microsoft.com/devices" The Turn off notifications for this group is grayed out. Is there
    anyway to turn off that alert? If my device is stolen I don't want the person know I'm trying to find it and have them turn off/throw away the laptop so they don't get caught.

tmo123, Mar 29, 2018
  3. "ADMINISTRATOR ASKED TO LOCATE MY LAPTOP" & I DIDN'T INITIATE IT.

Community Admin,

The Beginning of Your Appreciated Reply, Mine After With AN ADDED QUESTION:

Hi Rocky,

"The notification that you receive on your Windows 10 computer asking about your location is to make sure that the applications on your laptop will work properly....."

MY REPLY OF SINCERE APPRECIATION ADDING ANOTHER ISSUE I HAVE:

Thank you for your very timely reply. I'm on a Network At A Care Facility, and found a log A year ago where SOMEONE had Remotely Accessed my laptop. I shut off everything remote, THEN, I FOUND 4 OTHER COMPUTERS using my Virus Protection. I probably would
    have given them permission if they had only asked. SO THEN I made myself Unidentifiable and shut off anything that could be shared. So I'm Wary...... Particularly adding the next issue I have.....

NEW ISSUE: I found that the Administrator can see exactly what I see on my laptop via the Router Room - Is there anyway I can stop that? HAVING WORKED In the caring profession, I'm very strict about confidentiality. This is an Issue I've attempted to resolve
    FOR 3 YEARS. You have no idea how much I appreciate your first response and how much I would appreciate an answer for the second.

Peace, Rocky Cline

RockyCline, Mar 29, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 29, 2018
  5. Redbatman Win User
    That didn't work though. When I click to dismiss it still comes back.

Redbatman, Mar 29, 2018
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I can't duplicate your issue. I see the notice pop-up on the R in Action Center but I dismiss, put to sleep and wake, no more notice.
    You might try this: Go to your Privacy Dashboard of your MS account and click 'Clear activity' just above the map of where your device is https://account.microsoft.com/privac...?view=location

See also: Clear Activity History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Then disable the Location setting, like before, and re-enable. Go back to main Accounts page and device will be there again. At least, on mine. Good Luck

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. An administrator tried to locate this device. - Similar Threads - administrator tried locate

2. Device Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device Location: Hello!I now have another problem, my device location in my Microsoft Account is where it was first built.How can change this to show it's actual location whee i live, please?...
  3. Device Location

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Location: Hello!I now have another problem, my device location in my Microsoft Account is where it was first built.How can change this to show it's actual location whee i live, please?...
  4. Locating Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locating Device: While viewing my registered devices listed in microsoft account page, it says that the information to locate my device was never updated. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locating-device/2a7a57a7-dfba-4170-bf35-df6cd4a56ca6
  5. Location for this device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Location for this device: I have several apps that use location detection. The setting for the Location of this device is on. The problem is that the location detected is Quincy California, 100 miles NNE from where I am. How can I get the PC to select is actual location....
  6. trying to locate

trying to locate: trying to locate a device that says find my device is on but then says the location is disabled how is this possible and how can I find my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-locate/7902e017-4e1d-42d9-8505-3be208abbb38
  7. Locate Device

Locate Device: I noticed that my device location was showing an old address. On selecting update it has come up with an address unknown to me and many miles away from where I live. My device has not been stolen. Can you explain this please?...
  8. I got an out-of-the-blue notification that An Administrator tried to locate my device that...

I got an out-of-the-blue notification that An Administrator tried to locate my device that...: [ATTACH] I got the above notification today. I'm the only administrator and I didn't request location today. I checked all of my login history, and all logins came from my location with my IP Address. I checked to make sure my account still has multi-factor...
  9. Locate device

Locate device: It no longer gives me the option to locate one of my devices but it used to. Its only one out of my 4 registered devices with the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locate-device/c37f59f6-76fb-4593-b14b-d9f30501de11
  10. Device location

Device location: Is there a way to be notified when one of my devices connects to the internet i had laptop stolen and been trying to track it but it hasnt connected to internet yet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-location/3f9c3532-884a-4cca-92e8-56dae9be82f8"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an administrator tried to locate this device

2. i administrator tried to locate this device?

3. an administrator tries to locate this device

4. turn off notifications for this group grayed,
  5. An Adiministrator tried to locate this device on account.microsoft.com/devices,
  6. administrator tried to locate this device microsoft,
  7. windows anadministrator tried,
  8. wibdows an administrator tried to locate yhis devoce