Windows 10: An astonishingly simple way to add a Roboform toolbar to a browser

Discus and support An astonishingly simple way to add a Roboform toolbar to a browser in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've been using Roboform for years, and sometimes struggled to find an xpi file to use to add the toolbar to a browser. Suddenly I came across a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dalchina, Feb 1, 2018.

1. dalchina New Member

An astonishingly simple way to add a Roboform toolbar to a browser

Hi, I've been using Roboform for years, and sometimes struggled to find an xpi file to use to add the toolbar to a browser. Suddenly I came across a way so simple I couldn't believe my eyes- drag 'n drop.

An astonishingly simple way to add a Roboform toolbar to a browser [​IMG]

Taken from text by Roboform support, and adapted for Roboform v8.3.5.5
    Open the browser;
    - click RoboForm's taskbar icon > Options > Browser and apps
    - on the Browser Integration screen, click Chromium and Chormium-based browsers or Firefox-based browsers as appropriate: a box will pop up;
    - drag the small icon in that box and drop it onto the browser window;
    - you will be prompted if you'd like to add the new add-on, please confirm.

That causes the appropriate xpi file to be installed as an add-on.

Note: Pale Moon is a Firefox derivative, and, like Waterfox, still supports the long Roboform toolbar, provided you are using a version of Roboform that still supports it.

:)

dalchina, Feb 1, 2018

2. Internet Explorer

Hello again

One more question. How do I make Internet Explorer my default browser? I need to do this to add my Norton Toolbar. I have managed to add the RoboForm Toolbar but not Norton. Each thing I do is automatically defaulting to my Edge browser.

SheenaRead, Feb 1, 2018
  3. Toolbar not appearing in IE 11 new tab

I use RoboForm extensively to login to specific websites and for form filling.

Under Win 7, opening a new tab from a link or Favorites pre-selects the log-in on the RoboForm toolbar so I can sign-in with a single click.

Under Win 10 the toolbar does not appear even though the add-in is enabled. I can pick 'Show RoboForm toolbar' from the Tools drop-down menu but that loses the pre-selection.

How can I restore the behaviour from Win 7?

MTC-cadmaster, Feb 1, 2018
Thema:

An astonishingly simple way to add a Roboform toolbar to a browser

1. An astonishingly simple way to add a Roboform toolbar to a browser - Similar Threads - astonishingly simple add

2. Add Toolbar to permanent list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Toolbar to permanent list: I know, how to add a toolbar to the task bar. How do i make that permanent in the list of selectable toobars?In this list of toolbars screenshot most toolbars are invisible but still listed like e.g. "HP Support Assistant Quick Access".But if I klick on "Quick Launch" to hide...
  3. Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Add Firefox Add-ons to Toolbar or Overflow: Hello. First, I tried to search about it, couldn't find an asnwer. I use Firefox and Firefox Developer and issue is the same on both browsers. I have add-ons, in my add-ons list, which are activated,but they are not either in the toolbar or the overflow menu or even in the...
  4. Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser: [ATTACH]The new version of the Edge browser comes with some interesting tweaks and useful […] This article Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. add fb messenger to toolbar

add fb messenger to toolbar: I lost messenger from my tool bar so I can't get to it quickly how do I get it back Running win 10 160294
  6. Roboform Query

Roboform Query: Please excuse a Senior (very) citizen whose memory has deserted him. I have four or five Roboform shortcuts (The show the Roboform logo) which, when tapped, launch the default browser, access the site, enter the appropriate passwords, and exit gracefully. I love them. I just...
  7. Roboform

in Windows 10 Customization
    Roboform: how to get all my roboform info onto a dvd and also a printer copy ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/roboform/d1c95806-5c51-4b0c-9e4a-9bbfb3882959
  8. add browser

in Browsers and Email
    add browser: how do u add browsers to win 10? The only one thats in is Bing Like to add yahoo yahoo service or google Thanks Ben 88120
  9. roboform in edge

in Browsers and Email
    roboform in edge: ive got roboform installed but toolbar wont show. 72819
  10. Roboform

Roboform: Since updated laptop to 1709 build 17083.1000 RoboForm no longer loads properly. On PC no problem with version 8.4.4. Version trying to load on laptop is new version 8.4.7.0. I have rolled back also reinstalled to no avail. 103293