Windows 10: An external keyboard is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10

Discus and support An external keyboard is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an external keyboard (Redragron Karura 502). It is working on Windows 7 and other Linux based OS like Ubuntu and Kali. But it failed to work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vk_ab, Aug 19, 2018.

1. vk_ab Win User

An external keyboard is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10

I have an external keyboard (Redragron Karura 502). It is working on Windows 7 and other Linux based OS like Ubuntu and Kali. But it failed to work on Windows 10. It gives an error "USB device not recognized".

Note: This keyboard didn't come with any external driver.

:)

vk_ab, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 19, 2018
  4. An external keyboard is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

An external keyboard is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10

1. An external keyboard is working in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - external keyboard working

2. External keyboard not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard not working with Windows 10: This one is challenging and not even the keyboard manufacturer can give me the correct answer. I moved from the US to Ecuador. I have a Samsung laptop with Windows 10. I bought a Logitech keyboard here in Ecuador with Spanish language keys. Some of the top number keys have...
  3. External keyboard not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard not working with Windows 10: This one is challenging and not even the keyboard manufacturer can give me the correct answer. I moved from the US to Ecuador. I have a Samsung laptop with Windows 10. I bought a Logitech keyboard here in Ecuador with Spanish language keys. Some of the top number keys have...
  4. External keyboard not working with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My keyboard not working in windows 10 but working on windows 7

My keyboard not working in windows 10 but working on windows 7: My keyboard not working in windows 10 but working on windows 7... i dont know why my windows 10 keyboard not working and FN and F1 and F2 and more...and Before the incident my windows 10 keyboard working and when windows Hanged i press ctrl + alt + delete for every time and...
  6. My keyboard not working in windows 10 but working on windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard not working in windows 10 but working on windows 7: My keyboard not working in windows 10 but working on windows 7... i dont know why my windows 10 keyboard not working and FN and F1 and F2 and more...and Before the incident my windows 10 keyboard working and when windows Hanged i press ctrl + alt + delete for every time and...
  7. My keyboard not working in windows 10 but working on windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. external keyboard and mous not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external keyboard and mous not working: I have recently factory reset my windows laptop. my keyboard and mouse were working before now, it's not working anymore, I have tried several things like going into safe mode, resetting bios, updating bios, etc. my laptop is an asus rog g551jm. Keyboard and mouse work fine...
  9. External Hard Drive working on windows 7 but not Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Hard Drive working on windows 7 but not Windows 10: Hello guys, hope all is well. So i my old laptop were starting to crash and i backed up all my files in an external hard drive ( Storejet Transcend USB 2Tb ) and it works fine on my laptop which have windows 7 64 bit, but when i bought my new PC which have Win 10. It does not...
  10. Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate

Windows 10 External USB Keyboard not working after Hibernate: I'm using an Acer Laptop with Windows 10 v1909 OS Build 18363.720. My issue is whenever I put my laptop in Hibernate, the external USB Keyboard A4Tech will stop working. The External USB Mouse works fine but not the keyboard and I can replicate this issue every time I put the...