Windows 10: An issue with the default program to open a .rpm file.

Discus and support An issue with the default program to open a .rpm file. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I accidentally switched the default program that open opens my .rpm files and now I don't know how to fix it. 55992 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Radocruz, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Radocruz Win User

An issue with the default program to open a .rpm file.

I accidentally switched the default program that open opens my .rpm files and now I don't know how to fix it.

:)

Radocruz, Jul 11, 2016
  2. Chris Dr Win User

how make edge open a file in default program instead of browser?

Thx for the fast reply, but this is not the problem. The extension '.def' has been associated with our program Test.exe. This results in a correct reaction from windows if I doubleclick a .def file in the file explorer, the file will be opened with our
    program Test.exe. But if I put a link to a .def file in a htm file (page of our intranet) and I click on that link, the .def file is opened in the browser...

Chris Dr, Jul 11, 2016
  3. Chris Dr Win User
    how make edge open a file in default program instead of browser?

I have the problem that edge opens every linked file in the browser. I want the links to be opened in the default program of the file. For example: how force edge to open a URL pointing to a .doc file to MS Word?

Chris Dr, Jul 11, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

sml156, Jul 11, 2016
  5. Radocruz Win User
    Well, I found the .rpm in the choose default apps by file type section but what program is it that a .rpm is used by so I can search it up and select it as default.

Radocruz, Jul 12, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    I Think .rpm files are the installer package's for Linux Red Hat, But if you really want to open it try 7zip, Windows will not run linux programs so I don't think there is much point trying to.

sml156, Jul 12, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    Right, most search results show .rpm as Linux. There's 2 basic flavors of Linux, RPM/Package Manager and DEB/Debian, I have Linux Mint on a computer it is a derivative of Ubuntu and Debian. RPM is from/a derivative of Red Hat Linux. RPM and DEB don't mix.

Are the .rpm files part of a Linux and Windows dual-boot or Linux in a VM scenario?

Berton, Jul 12, 2016
  8. Radocruz Win User

I was installing PPTP for windows 10 and had accidentally selected the .rpm files to be opened by the wrong thing so I can't quite use the .rpm file properly. I reinstall the .rpm but it opens the wrong program still.

Radocruz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. An issue with the default program to open a .rpm file. - Similar Threads - issue default program

2. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to open a file and change the default program: I want to open a file but my default program is paint and my only other choice is to download one from the store but the program I would like to use is not on the store...
  3. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to open a file and change the default program: I want to open a file but my default program is paint and my only other choice is to download one from the store but the program I would like to use is not on the store...
  4. I want to open a file and change the default program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. assigning a default program for opening .bat files

assigning a default program for opening .bat files: see images folks. why can't I in win 10? I want notepad++. possible? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assigning-a-default-program-for-opening-bat-files/1f5a9749-b1eb-405b-9c9a-3ec543112987
  6. Change default program when opening .config file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default program when opening .config file: I mistakenly made .config files deafult open with WordPad and now i cant change it back to not open with any program, i can only choose "look for an app in the microsoft store" and "WordPad", i tried as shown on the picture doing it by settings > apps > default apps > choose...
  7. Change Default Program for Opening Gif Files

Change Default Program for Opening Gif Files: Last thread 1571 replies. Still no answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-program-for-opening-gif-files/7fc7f779-13cf-4a8e-a9b0-662c66c0dc97"
  8. Can't choose default program to open files

Can't choose default program to open files: Hello, I have been living with problem for a while. When making any file like: .css, .html, .php, .js and then trying to open them it shows the "How do you want to open this file?" list from where I select the program, for example Sublime Text 3. I select the program, it...
  9. Can't change default program to open files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change default program to open files.: Hi, I'm trying to change the default program for .dwg files from Autocad to Draftsight. I already tried: right click > open with > choose another app > always use this app. The file opens in Draftsight without problems, but it still opens with Autocad the next time you...
  10. Default program files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Default program files.: Hi, before starting I'd like to say thanks to any of you that try to help me, I really appreciate it! This said, my problem is the following. Some programs (e.g. EMDB) when opened will create a folder with the same name as the program itself in my Documents folder. Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Radocruz