Windows 10: An odd MS decision for Onedrive music file types upload

Discus and support An odd MS decision for Onedrive music file types upload in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Apparently, Ondrive will ONLY allow you to upload .mp3 and .wma files....I have an enormous amount of ripped from CD and elsewhere .flac files, which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by guitz, Apr 2, 2016.

1. guitz Win User

An odd MS decision for Onedrive music file types upload

Apparently, Ondrive will ONLY allow you to upload .mp3 and .wma files....I have an enormous amount of ripped from CD and elsewhere .flac files, which are true lossless format that I wanted to put on Onedrive....and here's the amazingly, yet classic Microsoft goofiness/oddity,....the app that usually launches by default to play your music files from Onedrive, Groove music, will play .flac files just fine and dandy that are on my local pc drive!!....What an absurdity by MS to not allow it via Onedrive streaming, yet allow it to played off a local drive!? ...

I would be OK with converting them to the .WMA format that is true lossless (an option in windows Media Player from a CD, but apparently NOT possibly from an existing file format like .flac to .WMA lossless) and I haven't been able to find a .WMA lossless conversion program as of yet...

:)

guitz, Apr 2, 2016
  2. Ricobasso Win User

How to edit song properties on Groove Music?

Well done for solving the problem. That is a killer! Why would I not need to maybe correct some data in something that I have uploaded to Onedrive! What a strange decision by MS.

Ricobasso, Apr 2, 2016
  3. wondering if there is a way I can transfer my music collections from music groove to iTunes. Really don't want to import all my music cds

Hi Melanie,

Groove Music doesn't store music files because it's just a music player. Usually, music files played on Groove Music are stored on OneDrive or other folders on your computer. To find where the music files are stored, right-click a song inside Groove Music
    and select Properties, it will show you where the file is stored.

Meanwhile, the best way to transfer music files from Groove Music to iTunes is by uploading the music files to OneDrive and download it to the device where the iTunes is installed. For your reference, check this
    article on how to upload files to OneDrive.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Gerard Qui, Apr 2, 2016
Thema:

An odd MS decision for Onedrive music file types upload

1. An odd MS decision for Onedrive music file types upload - Similar Threads - odd decision Onedrive

2. How do upload my music library to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do upload my music library to OneDrive: How do upload my entire music library to OneDrive and what type of player do I need to listen to my music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-upload-my-music-library-to-onedrive/6fc31924-bda3-46cd-a2fa-bff5158b856c
  3. How do upload my music library to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do upload my music library to OneDrive: How do upload my entire music library to OneDrive and what type of player do I need to listen to my music? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-upload-my-music-library-to-onedrive/6fc31924-bda3-46cd-a2fa-bff5158b856c
  4. Problem with files uploading on OneDrive

Problem with files uploading on OneDrive: My OneDrive will not upload anything in the last week or so. Every file that needs to be uploaded Adobe files, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc total about 20 files. When I click a link for more information on why the files will not upload, it says: "LibreOffice 6.2.Ink, No access...
  5. Problem with files uploading on OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with files uploading on OneDrive: My OneDrive will not upload anything in the last week or so. Every file that needs to be uploaded Adobe files, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc total about 20 files. When I click a link for more information on why the files will not upload, it says: "LibreOffice 6.2.Ink, No access...
  6. Problem with files uploading on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. OneDrive Not Uploading Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Not Uploading Files: I synced or whateve OneDrive to my PC. It does not add a single one of my files. I did this a week ago. There is a Document folder with all my folder names underneath and NOT ONE SINGLE FILE in any of the folders! I need super-easy explanation of how to make OneDrive work. I...
  8. MS Teams - not able to upload files

MS Teams - not able to upload files: I've registered for a free MS Teams setup in the Netherlands for my small company. That all worked well, but when i start up MS Teams it seems I cannot upload any files, the options are simply not there in the taskbar. Do I need to do anything else or was the setup not 100%...
  9. Music Upload

Music Upload: How do I rip a CD from a remote device to the music library. Have the settings to go to the Music Library but the CD just says pending, nothing ever happens. I am going to a Surface Pro running Microsoft 10...
  10. OneDrive settings for file uploads

OneDrive settings for file uploads: One drive eats up my internet data completely while uploading my files to cloud how can i set settings so it ask for my permissions before uploading files Or i can set size limit on the files to be uploaded....