Windows 10: an old microsoft sign in password still works

Discus and support an old microsoft sign in password still works in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi. I have changed my Microsoft log in password but the old one still works. I'm using win.10 thanks Amos... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by amos b., Jul 4, 2018.

1. amos b. Win User

an old microsoft sign in password still works

hi.

I have changed my Microsoft log in password but the old one still works.

I'm using win.10

thanks

Amos

:)

amos b., Jul 4, 2018

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 4, 2018
  3. What is the old password in signing in with microsoft acount in windows 10?

Hi,i have really problem with my signng in in windows 10.when i try to add my microsoft acount after go to setting--->your email and acounts--->sign in with mirosoft acount after i import my email & password and next step is verification of my acount and
    its cross on this step good but when go to next step the microsft ask me about my old windows pass word.what's this?what its mean? because i don't have any password in my old windows.please help me.

thank you so much.

saedzabihee, Jul 4, 2018
  4. an old microsoft sign in password still works

Password to sign in

Hi Rosa,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need to know whether you are using Microsoft/Local account to sign in to Windows 10.

If you are using Microsoft account to login to Windows 10, there is no option to disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password.

Step 1:

If you are using Local account to login to Windows 10, you can disable the password and sign in to Windows 10 directly without entering password. Follow the below steps if you use Local account.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Change under Change your account password.

• Enter your current password and leave the other two files for new password as empty and close the windows by clicking on
      OK button.

• Sign out and try to sign in again and check.
    Step 2:

You may also create the 4 digit PIN which will reduce your time to enter full password. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      settings
      menu.

• Click on Accounts.

• Click on Add under PIN.

• Follow the onscreen instructions to create Pin.

• Sign out and try to sign in again using PIN as your Sign in option.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

an old microsoft sign in password still works

1. an old microsoft sign in password still works - Similar Threads - old microsoft sign

2. Laptop still signed in as old account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop still signed in as old account: HiI am a Small Business User - my laptop is logged in as my old personal account.Both accounts are added within Accounts/Email and Accountsbut I cannot remove the old personal account, or change it on the laptop.Any ideas?...
  3. Laptop still signed in as old account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop still signed in as old account: HiI am a Small Business User - my laptop is logged in as my old personal account.Both accounts are added within Accounts/Email and Accountsbut I cannot remove the old personal account, or change it on the laptop.Any ideas?...
  4. Old email address still used as sign-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  5. Old email address still used as sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  6. Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Old Microsoft account password still accepted as Windows desktop login?: Hi all, I have a quick question regarding password changes. I changed my password for my Microsoft account a few days ago, and as always, I had to re-enter/update it on other devices and apps, like my Xbox, Microsoft Store, this Microsoft Community site, etc. However, I...
  7. SMB still using my old password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SMB still using my old password.: Hello, I am using the SMB protocol to move a few files. My SMB configurations only work with my old password. I changed my password a while ago (Microsoft Account) but SMB is still using the old password. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/WoiLou [link] [comments]...
  8. Microsoft Sign-in account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Sign-in account password: I created an account with Microsoft security and privacy. When I was finishing the process, after signing in the code from email address it asked for my password one last time and I put it but it said WRONG PASSWORD every single time. I thought maybe I forgot so I reset my...
  9. Signing into windows with Microsoft password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Signing into windows with Microsoft password: I have tried several times to login to my windows computer using my microsoft password but it's not working. I tried safe mode but that doesnt work either. It tel ls me device is offline use last password but I have tried every password I can think of and it still doesnt...
  10. old microsoft account still asking for password

in Windows 10 Customization
    old microsoft account still asking for password: I switched to a new Microsoft account over a year ago. I switched Outlook, Office, Skype, and of course the main Microsoft account. All seem to be using the new account and they all list the new account email. However, I daily get a popup stating there is a problem with the...