Windows 10: An update on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

Discus and support An update on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Beginning in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we intend to disable VBScript execution in IE 11 for websites in the Internet Zone and the Restricted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

An update on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

Source: An update on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11 - Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

:)

Brink, Jul 6, 2017
  2. Poseto Win User

My PC infected with browser hijacker

Hi, Monkey57 and everyone!

I have the solution to stop the problem. I disabled Internet Explorer 11 box, in example: Control Panel : Programs : Turn Windows features on or off : Click to Internet Explorer 11 off : Ok : Windows icon : Power : Restart...

It works, no more redirects to another websites as zerodirect.com, wonderlands.com or similar.

If somebody else has the same problem, disabled or turn off Internet Explorer 11, this is the solution; it works to me.

PD: I made a clean instalation of Windows 10 and I turn off Internet Explorer 11.

Success!

Poseto, Jul 6, 2017
  3. now that we have MS Edge can we uninstall IE

Hi,

Thank you for being part of the Windows 10 family.

Several Windows features use components of the Internet Explorer code. We can not uninstall Internet Explorer from the Computer. Refer to the below Microsoft Help Article to disable Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/install-ie#ie=ie-11

Get back to us for further assistance on Windows related issues. We will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 6, 2017
Thema:

An update on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

1. An update on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - update disabling VBScript

2. When VBScript will be updated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When VBScript will be updated?: Today I wanted to create an application in VBScript.When I created it I saw the text messages that the program launched, but I realized that the buttons are not updated from Windows 95 and the icons are not updated from Windows 7. This lack of modernization in VBScript is...
  3. When VBScript will be updated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When VBScript will be updated?: Today I wanted to create an application in VBScript.When I created it I saw the text messages that the program launched, but I realized that the buttons are not updated from Windows 95 and the icons are not updated from Windows 7. This lack of modernization in VBScript is...
  4. INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTERNET EXPLORER IN WINDOWS 11!!!!!!: Dear Microsoft,can you explain this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-in-windows-11/42139590-7cca-4cc3-a4a5-7cbab6981a15
  5. Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 11: I thought IE 11 was not included on Windows 11 until I tried Adding my Gmail account on Outlook and I got the Message "This Browser or App May Not be Secure", so I clicked Learn More and Internet Explorer Opened. I located the Folder for it in File Explorer. I was just...
  6. An update from Microsoft on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    An update from Microsoft on disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11: In early 2017, we began the process of disabling VBScript in Internet Explorer 11 to give the world the opportunity to prepare for it to be disabled by default. The change to disable VBScript will take effect in the upcoming cumulative updates for Windows 7, 8, and 8.1 on...
  7. Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10: I want to install Internet Explorer on my laptop with Windows 10. I tried several times but nothing helps. Who knows how I can install it?...
  8. Taskbar vbscript for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar vbscript for Windows 10: Hi, Does anyone have a working vbscript to pin items to the task bar for Windows 10. The one I use for Windows 7 does not work on Windows 10 Thank You NC 17932
  9. Disabling VBScript execution in Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 News
    Disabling VBScript execution in Internet Explorer 11: VBScript is deprecated in Internet Explorer 11, and is not executed for webpages displayed in IE11 mode. However, for backwards compatibility, VBScript execution is currently still permitted for websites rendered in legacy document modes. This was introduced as a temporary...
  10. Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11: How to: Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 How to Enable or Disable Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 [img] Information Enterprise Mode, a compatibility mode that runs on Internet Explorer 11 (IE11), lets websites render using a modified...