Windows 10: Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240

Discus and support Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I use an old TerraTec TV PCI card to capture analog videos. Used it successfully in the past (also in Windows 10) to capture at its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by George_F, Aug 9, 2018.

1. George_F Win User

Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240

Hello everyone,

I use an old TerraTec TV PCI card to capture analog videos. Used it successfully in the past (also in Windows 10) to capture at its default/max resolution, which is 720x576. Now, only 320x240 is available.

The driver Windows 10 installs automatically is "Cinergy 600 TV Capture (MK3)" version 6.0.6000.16420 and I think that this driver also worked normally in the past. Could any recent Windows updates (including the April 2018) cause this problem? I'm currently on 1803 (17134.165) 64-bit.

I tried installing the card's native (and old) drivers (manually, via Device Manager) but they will not install on Windows 10 which prefers the driver above. Thanks for any help.

:)

George_F, Aug 9, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

TV Analog Video Capture Broken after 1803 Upgrade

Hi there
    Not a fix for your problem but another solution can work really well especially if analog TV (it already has here) has gone the way of the dodo).

Use an HDMI splitter and output from cable box / satellite TV box into a hardware video capture device. This works for up to 1920 X 1080 resolution standard 1080p -- for 4K UHD there are still issues. Analog TV I think in any case only transmits at DVD standard (576) so running directly from the cable / satellite box will give you better resolution.

I'm using a startech usb3 box as the capture device -- works a treat -- and for the HDMI splitter the cheap Chinese unbranded ones always seem to work up to 1080p resolution.

Of course like all these things you are still recording in Real Time though.

I like to record series and then watch on computer later or when travelling -- problem with using the cable / sat box as recording device --there's no way to off load the recordings on to a computer. Netflix allows limited downloading but it never seems to allow the programs I want to watch "offline".

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Video Capture Device

Could someone recommend any decent/good video capture software?

Converting hundreds of videos from VHS, Hi8, etc... to DVD

The capture device hardware I have comes with some crappy software and was looking for something a little better.

Thanks

Morrison5891, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240

Video Capture Device

see my earlier post than if

jboydgolfer, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240

1. Analog capture device: video resolution dropped to 320x240 - Similar Threads - Analog capture device

2. Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture": I got a computer used and someone installed a capture card on it last. Before I noticed it I upgraded the computer from Win 7 to Win 10 and also factory reset it. Now whenever I try to use the capture card, it's just static noise. The only things I know about it is: S-Video...
  3. Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture": I got a computer used and someone installed a capture card on it last. Before I noticed it I upgraded the computer from Win 7 to Win 10 and also factory reset it. Now whenever I try to use the capture card, it's just static noise. The only things I know about it is: S-Video...
  4. Troubles with "Hauppauge 723x Analog Capture"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Video Capture

Video Capture: How do I capture video from my Sony Handycam Md DCR-HC65? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-capture/392d225d-41da-4bdd-88bf-0727f995a4c6
  6. Video capturing with usb capture device

in Windows 10 Support
    Video capturing with usb capture device: Hi me again once again I find myself struggling. A few years ago I did some video capture with a PCI card and phono to VHS player which worked fine. Some time back I bought an Easycap usb device as card was in an earlier PC and has gone, I have to confess I cant remember if...
  7. video capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    video capture: hello, im trying to capture some game footage when i play and every time i got back to watch the videos i just shows a screen shot of when i 1st hit alt windows G and has audio but it doesnt play the actual footage that i was originally trying to capture. i was wonder if you...
  8. Video capture device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Video capture device: I have a problem with a USB3 video capture device because it looks like a video device if I plug it in the USB3 port and like an audio device if I plug it in the USB3 hub. I tried to reinstall the drivers and ran the driver verifier. I really don’t understand what is going...
  9. USB3 video capture device appears as audio device

USB3 video capture device appears as audio device: I have a MyGica u800 HDMI capture device that appears as a video device when plugged directly to my USB3 port. But only appears as an audio device when plugged into a USB3 hub. I have uninstalled the driver and restarted multiple times and run the driver verifier. I am...
  10. TV Analog Video Capture Broken after 1803 Upgrade

TV Analog Video Capture Broken after 1803 Upgrade: I have a Hauppauge WintTV-HVR-2255 that was working fine before the Windows 10 1803 update. The digital ATSC tuners work fine, but the analog tuners (and the analog inputs) have stopped working. When I scan for the inputs using NextPVR I get an error "Unable to Locate Capture...