Windows 10: Anchor your chosen favorite side bar in Windows 10

Discus and support Anchor your chosen favorite side bar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a long list of favorites I always anchor to my favorite side bar, Question is :- Can I lock this into my settings so I don't have to keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Recnal2, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Recnal2 Win User

Anchor your chosen favorite side bar in Windows 10

Hi,
    I have a long list of favorites I always anchor to my favorite side bar, Question is :- Can I lock this into my settings so I don't have to keep setting them up every time I log in.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Les

:)

Recnal2, Aug 15, 2015
  2. graye Win User

Inflexibility of Favorites List

So, if you click on the "push pin" to anchor the Favorites Bar, the size of the content windows shrinks. That way the favorites bar will not cover any parts of the page. I haven't heard of anyone having problems with the view pages with the favorites pane
    pinned.

The current version of Edge doesn't remember the "push pin" setting, so you have to re-do it every time you start Edge. However, the new version that will start being available on the 2nd of August *does* remember this setting between sessions.

graye, Aug 15, 2015
  3. snap in windows 10 not consistent

In 8.1 my favorite feature is snapping two apps side by side. It always worked.

In windows 10 in tablet mode, on two different computers snap does not hold. Let me explain.

I open the desired app, I pull down from the top and drop the app on either side. The app momentarily locks to the selected side with the divider bar in the center. After some screen jitters it fills the entire screen. I select the next app and do the same,
    it locks to my chosen side momentarily jitters then fills the entire screen.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug that Microsoft is working on?

I will not upgrade my Lenovo tablet 10 until snap works properly as this is my most used feature for side by side research and comparisons.

Charlie Fan, Aug 15, 2015
Thema:

Anchor your chosen favorite side bar in Windows 10

1. Anchor your chosen favorite side bar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Anchor chosen favorite

2. Favorites Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites Bar: As of today, 11/20/2020, the area for my favorites has shrunk to where I can't read info which I need. The area of favorites is now shorter and narrower. The area does not allow me to scroll horizontal, so my info is unavailable....
  3. Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites, Favorites Bar and Other Favorites: When I first used the new Edge (Chrome??) I imported my bookmarks and bookmarks tool bar from Firerfox and got lost in the terminology of Edge. I am sure I don't understand the difference between 'Favorites', 'Favorites Bar' and 'Other Favorites'. Each seems to contain the...
  4. Edge favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Edge favorites bar: Hi, I have the Edge Favorites bar along the top of my home page. I have put many favorites along the top, I have selected " show icons only" to save space, however it keeps reverting back after about a day. I repeat this again, and it reverts back again. How can I prevent it...
  5. Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?

Can I move favorites bar from right screen side to left side?: Is there is way to move my pinned Favorites bar from the right side of the screen to the left side of the screen? I think it is more convenient to get it on the left. Thank you...
  6. favorites bar

favorites bar: how to sort titles in favorites and favorites bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-bar/55fbe4e0-e111-44a2-9301-9900913851c0
  7. Bars on side of window

Bars on side of window: Okay, so after linking my computer to my Microsoft account I started to get these weird bars on the side and bottom of a window on Windows 10. So if someone could help me know how to fix it I would appreciate it [ATTACH]...
  8. favorite Bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    favorite Bar: how do I delete items listed on my favorite bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/favorite-bar/30425629-414b-4cb0-be0a-427573c39f78
  9. Favorites bar

in Browsers and Email
    Favorites bar: Hi folks. My Favorites bar has gone. Not talking about Bookmarks but Favorites. I'm using Google Chrome and the bar was there last night but has now disappeared. Any thoughts? In the meantime I've tried to recall as many favorites as possible and put them into Bookmarks but...
  10. Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar

in Browsers and Email
    Menu Bar, Favorites & Favorites Bar: I am presently using IE 11 and thinking about switching to another browser. I am looking for a browser that has the above titles shown on the home page in the same way as IE 11. Are there any available? 71224

Users found this page by searching for:

1. anchor favortite bar on windows 10

2. can I anchor favorites bar