Windows 10: Android Emulators do not work when Hyper-V is active.

Discus and support Android Emulators do not work when Hyper-V is active. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Been having issues trying to run an Android emulator (Bluestacks, Nox, Memu amongst others) with them all giving a BSOD. I was puzzled because I found... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Apr 29, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Android Emulators do not work when Hyper-V is active.

Been having issues trying to run an Android emulator (Bluestacks, Nox, Memu amongst others) with them all giving a BSOD. I was puzzled because I found if I did a clean install it worked ok.

Finally, it dawned on me that it might be related to Hyper-V being active.

It is well known that you cannot run VMWARE or VIRTUALBOX when Hyper-V is installed and active.

The workaround is to create a second boot entry for Windows 10 (same installation) where Hyper-V is turned off i.e.

C:\>bcdedit /copy {current} /d "No Hyper-V"
    The entry was successfully copied to {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea}.

C:\>bcdedit /set {ff-23-113-824e-5c5144ea} hypervisorlaunchtype off
    The operation completed successfully.

Then you can boot accordingly and run VMWARE or VIRTUALBOX.

So I created a boot entry like above even though I am not using VMWARE or VIRTUALBOX, booted accordingly, and then tried running an android emulator (Bluestacks) and it worked!

OK - I cannot run hyper-v and the android emulator at the same time but no big deal.

:)

cereberus, Apr 29, 2017
  2. AlexOh7 Win User

Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, Apr 29, 2017
  3. Co-existing Hyper-V with Intel HAXM at Windows 10

A want to develop applications for both Windows and Android phones with Windows 10.

To run Windows phone emulator I need Hyper-V, but Android emulator requires Intel Hardware Acceleration Manager (HAXM), which is intolerant to Hyper-V.

Is there a way to keep Hyper-V and disable it temporarily to have Intel HAXM operational?

1. I run Windows Hyper-V manager and stop the server (this involves stopping all services), but that didn't help: Android emulator still refused to start.

2. I called services.msc to see if some Hyper-V services were still running. Indeed, all services starting with Hyper-V were NOT running. I also stopped HV Host service (Microsoft Hypervisor Host service), but it still didn't help!

Any ideas?

Michael ..., Apr 29, 2017
Thema:

Android Emulators do not work when Hyper-V is active.

1. Android Emulators do not work when Hyper-V is active. - Similar Threads - Android Emulators Hyper

2. Bluestacks Android Emulator - Hyper V problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluestacks Android Emulator - Hyper V problem: Have upgraded from 11 Home to Pro but unable to run Bluestacks android emulator, where as Microsoft team confirmed that problem will resolved after upgrade. Can anyone advice what to do in this case....
  3. Bluestacks Android Emulator - Hyper V problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluestacks Android Emulator - Hyper V problem: Have upgraded from 11 Home to Pro but unable to run Bluestacks android emulator, where as Microsoft team confirmed that problem will resolved after upgrade. Can anyone advice what to do in this case....
  4. Running Android in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Running Android in Hyper-V: Is there a way to run android in hyper-v? I want hyper-v for Ubuntu and many android emulators don't work alongside hyper-v. It will be ideal for me if you can run Android in hyper-v. I used Nox before but I can't use it with hyper-v....
  5. Android Emulator

Android Emulator: All time my pc fall into problem(Blue Screen error) when start Nox Player after update windows version 1903.I install verious version and all occuring same problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-emulator/054e3c0e-224c-49d6-8ed1-cf71400231e6
  6. Feature Request: Hyper-V ARM Emulation?

Feature Request: Hyper-V ARM Emulation?: So, Windows 10 ARM have been released not so long ago. Windows 10 is supporting 3 types of architecture x86/x64/ARM. Hyper-V can emulate only x86 and x64. I want to test Windows 10 ARM image, but I can't do this using official Microsoft virtual machine. So, I want to...
  7. Got a Blue Screen after using Nox (android emulator) with tick in the Hyper-V box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a Blue Screen after using Nox (android emulator) with tick in the Hyper-V box.: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP Date: 6/3/2562 13:00:29 Event ID: 8198 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-O4Q2ET1 Description: License Activation...
  8. android emulator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    android emulator: I wanted to run the android emulator in my laptop to play mobile games. but be it nox or bluestacks or memu... every time I try to install and open them. it always run to the blue screen error saying that the "driver igrl less or not equal".. I m not sure whether I am...
  9. Hyper-V Android emulator support in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Android emulator support in Windows 10: Today, at Build 2018, we announced a preview of the Google Android emulator that’s compatible with Hyper-V, available on the Windows 10 April 2018 Update. This enables developers with Hyper-V enabled on their machines to use a hardware accelerated Android emulator, without...
  10. How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How To Install Emulator And Hyper V - Hyper V Won't Install Windows 10: Hello, i am having trouble installing the Windows 10 mobile emulator for Visual Studio 2015 First I got this message when I attemped to install the first time (see screenshot 1) Dropbox - install microsoft emulator 1st try.PNG So I went to the bios menu and seen...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. android emulator that doesnt need to have hyper-v disabled

2. android emulators not running on hyperv

3. bluestacks cant run on pc if hyperV active

4. hyper-v works but android emulator does not