Windows 10: android phone drivers

Discus and support android phone drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; got multiple questions in this post this is for an asus zenfone 3, android 7.1.1 my win10 pro machine sees the phone ok, in devices it shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bbxrider, Nov 19, 2017.

1. bbxrider Win User

android phone drivers

got multiple questions in this post

this is for an asus zenfone 3, android 7.1.1
    my win10 pro machine sees the phone ok, in devices it shows the following drivers see below
    just wondering why there are the 6 drivers?
    why are some .sys files and others .dll's?
    does a list like this indicate all 6 must be installed, eg they are like a package and work with each other?

android phone drivers [​IMG]

another win10 home machine does not see phone in explorer, in devices there is an "android" but its properties has no driver found and none to be found using all the update, install, etc tools
    so the question is... should I or can I just copy the drivers from the win 10 pro machine and install them on the win10 home machine?
    I know how install .dll's with regsvr32 but not sure what to do with the .sys files?
    I have tried to find a .inf package for android (there is no package from asus) and let windows do an install with that but haven't been able to find any even after searching for quite a while.

:)

bbxrider, Nov 19, 2017
  2. Gary Barr Win User

android phone drivers

I think he is referring to "it's not a microsoft issue". I have been a Windows Mobile User since it's first phone... But I was let down by Microsoft with ancient software and friends making fun of my old battleship. I finally got a Android Phone, only
    to find out, Microsoft has made it impossible to sync Outlook 2010 with it. If that is done to keep me with Microsoft Mobile, it failed, I am looking at losing the Microsoft Outlook 2010 and going straight Google if this is the way it is supported.

Gary Barr, Nov 19, 2017
  3. android phone drivers

I downloaded an app to my Android called Google Calendar sync 0.9.3.6 and it syncs my Outlook 2010 to my Android just fine. Stay away from Exchange server unless you really need it. Also, using PDAnet app I can tether my Android and use it as a wireless
    modem. I share the desire of Messers Barr and Mahler that I prefer things to run more smoothly than Wm has always done. However, I develop mobile apps and I find WM6 to be quite easy to work with as a developer.

Silver Falcon, Nov 19, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

android phone drivers

No drivers are required. They are supplied by the Windows Operating System.
    When plugging the phone into the other computer that doesn't see it, press the Win key+X and choose Device Manager. Are there any yellow flags? If so, right click it and Uninstall it. Remove the USB cable from the computer end and restart the computer. When it comes back up, plug the USB Cable into the Back USB port of the computer (desktop). With the phone turned on and unlocked, Be sure to Allow the phone to be accessed by the computer.

spunk, Nov 20, 2017
  5. bbxrider Win User
    been there done all that, this particular win 10 install not cooperating, so thinking I have to fix manually myself, thats why I posted about all the drivers on the machine where all works well and somehow duplicating all that on the problem machine, again if there was some driver package from windows that includes a .inf that I use with the 'have disk' option that would seem to be the easiest solution

bbxrider, Nov 20, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    spunk, Nov 20, 2017
  7. bbxrider Win User
    thanks, I had been to that site and downloaded their latest_usb_driver_windows.zip, it was not clear that it would provide drivers for an asus phone, however I reached a point of frustration to try it

the google site description for their driver(s) is "Get the Google USB DriverThe Google USB Driver is required for Windows if you want to perform adb debugging with any of the Google Nexus devices. Windows drivers for all other devices are provided by the respective hardware manufacturer, as listed in the OEM USB Drivers document."
    after that description why would anyone think their drivers would also work for say a asus phone?????????????????????

however, after unsuccessfully searching for some specific asus driver which lead to posting here, I decided to try the google supplied drivers.
    the zip supplied 2 directories and 4 files

when following the windows driver installer process for the phone and finally pointing the driver installer via the :have disk" to the drivers directory where I downloaded and extracted and selecting the "android_winusb.inf" it gives a choice of 3 drivers to install

I selected the "android composite ADB interface" (its description seemed plausible for installing phone drivers but far from clear on that) and somehow someway it actually produced an asus labeled driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hopefully this will save somebody the stupid amount of time spent and frustration I had to go through for this process which in todays world should be effortless and simple, e.g., plug in whatever phone you have and get prompted to connect yes or no for the connection and all will be found or invoked to install all necessary files, etc. and then be there ready to go.

bbxrider, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

android phone drivers

1. android phone drivers - Similar Threads - android phone drivers

2. Does My Android Phone Or Laptop Need Drivers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does My Android Phone Or Laptop Need Drivers?: I tried to use USB tethering with my Samsung Galaxy A03s and Nokia One Plus, but in each case the Windows 10 laptop showed that there were no drivers present. I used the troubleshooter, which tried to find the required drivers online, but there were none. The Samsung is up to...
  3. Does My Android Phone Or Laptop Need Drivers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does My Android Phone Or Laptop Need Drivers?: I tried to use USB tethering with my Samsung Galaxy A03s and Nokia One Plus, but in each case the Windows 10 laptop showed that there were no drivers present. I used the troubleshooter, which tried to find the required drivers online, but there were none. The Samsung is up to...
  4. Does My Android Phone Or Laptop Need Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. link to android phone

link to android phone: After almost two hours of "tinkering" yesterday, I FINALLY managed to get my android phone connect to "your phone". Today, it doesn't work. Unless I get something positive and stable for this thing - I'm simply done with it. Why would it work one moment and not the...
  6. mounting an Android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mounting an Android phone: I attached my smart phone via USB to Windows 10 system. I want to use a tool to compare the files on a directory. But when I specify the directory that I copied from Windows Explorer, the tool does not like the format. I specified: This PC\moto g7 supra\Internal...
  7. laptop to android phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop to android phone: I play the daily challenges on microsoft collection on my laptop but going away and want on android phone. I tried logging in and cant. does this mean i can not carry on playing by my phone? and finishing challenges....
  8. android phone

android phone: Since the recent win10 update, i am unable to connect my samsung galaxy s6. Nothing registers, no usb recognition : NOTHING, everythig worked fine before so it must be the update. Uploading my photos to laptop is vital for my work. Any help on this problem would be...
  9. android phone

android phone: when I plug my android phone it doesn't show on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 132885
  10. android phone

in Windows 10 Support
    android phone: when I plug my android phone it doesn't show on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you 132885