Windows 10: Android tablet overheating & fire concern.

Discus and support Android tablet overheating & fire concern. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Android tablet overheating & fire concern. I upload a photo. This happen when I plugged in the charger to keep using it because the battery was getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by groze, Jul 25, 2017.

1. groze Win User

Android tablet overheating & fire concern.

Android tablet overheating & fire concern. I upload a photo. This happen when I plugged in the charger to keep using it because the battery was getting low. The screen got very hot. I have done this plenty of times before without issue. It could be on its last leg. After turning it off & plunging the charger in, the white oblong disappeared that is in the photo & its not longer hot. Should I do a factory restore once charged & trash it? Should I see if it gets hot, when using it without the charger?

This is an old proscan tablet someone gave me.

Android tablet overheating & fire concern. [​IMG]

Thank you for the advice .

:)

groze, Jul 25, 2017

2. I don't have a Microsoft phone.

What type of phone do you have? What is the OS on it?

You would have to read the specs for the program you want to see what the compatibility is.

If I am looking at the correct program it is supported on the following:

• Mac
    • iPad
    • iPhone
    • Android phone
    • Android tablet
    • PC: Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 10
    • Web
    • Roku
    • Chromecast
    Coming soon:

• XBox One
    • Windows 8 Tablet
    • Windows Phone
    • Amazon Fire Phone
    • Amazon Fire TV
    • Amazon Kindle

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Jul 25, 2017
  3. Alexa APP on Windows 10

The Alexa app on Bluestacks as well as the one embedded in the Fire tablets is not fully functional. The native android app allows you to control your devices from the screen. The version on the Fire tablets and Bluestacks will only allow voice control.
    Kind of useless if you want to make sure your door is locked from 500 miles away.

SimonPeregrine, Jul 25, 2017
  4. Android tablet overheating & fire concern.

Hey man, This should probably be over in the Hardware - Drivers and Hardware - Windows 10 Forums Section.

But anyway, the excess heat is probably being produced by the concurrent charge and use. As you noted charging it while it's off is fine. You were probably feeling combined heat from the CPU and voltage regulator for the battery.

Windows Sniper, Jul 25, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    I did a factory restore on my old Galaxy S5 last week while it was charging. It got very hot. It seems the reset process uses a lot of juice so I'd keep an eye on it while you do it.

It seemed OK afterwards though - both charging and use were at normal temps.

Don't trash it - if you don't want it, sell it. Someone will want it - just be honest in the description.

6. groze Win User
    If you turn up your brightness. You can see the white oblong that appeared in the photo, while I was using it & charging it. This also when it got very hot as well. Previous times this never happened. Also, the white oblong went away after turn it off & leaving the charger in. It also cooled off.

The white oblong is what really bugging me. That ls how my very old crt monitor quit & some of my old analog tvs did a similar thing. I think they all smoked a little. I just don't want the house to burn down.

I just have to see how hot it gets without the battery & I hope it doesn't blow up. I have seen the news on how certain batteries have blown up.

groze, Jul 25, 2017
  7. It could just be lcd burn, or there is a gap between the digitizer and the lcd which is causing a ghosting effect.

What model is it specifically? Could be a problem with the hardware altogether.

Windows Sniper, Jul 25, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

I'm not an engineer - I was just mentioning that I found running the factory reset (on a different Android device) uses a lot of power and it gets very hot. This is mentioned all over the Android forums as well.

It was the Note 7 that was recalled and that was a manufacturing defect. Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 Over Exploding, Burning Batteries : The Two-Way : NPR

It isn't going to explode but you may not want to leave it unattended next to flammable materials.

I would run the reset and watch it - it only takes 15 minutes or so. If it gets too hot just unplug it and turn it off.

If you are really worried about the safety of the device and not confident just don't do it.

Smash it with a hammer until all the memory cells are broken and chuck it in the trash.

9. Fafhrd Win User
    It could be heat related due to overheating components including the battery.

There are several plastic optical elements behind the front LCD image part of the screen that are used to diffuse the light from the LED or (now rarely used) CCFL components to give evenly bright illumination across the screen. If these elements are distorted permanently by heat, they may give brighter or less bright patches. Conversely if the LED screen part at the front of the screen is damaged by pressure the damaged area may have dark marks or sub-pixel elements that do not turn on or off.

Fafhrd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Android tablet overheating & fire concern. - Similar Threads - Android tablet overheating

2. Windows on android tablet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows on android tablet: Hi, I have this ASUS android tablet specifically Asus memoPad 7. It has UEFI. Is it possible to install windows on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-on-android-tablet/ab63a90f-8802-416d-abf0-b25c33726a88
  3. Windows on android tablet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows on android tablet: Hi, I have this ASUS android tablet specifically Asus memoPad 7. It has UEFI. Is it possible to install windows on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-on-android-tablet/ab63a90f-8802-416d-abf0-b25c33726a88
  4. PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC overheated and caught fire. Need help recovering data.: Hi, For the first time in my life a PC I owned caught fire. It was really old and overheated while I was out of the room. Seems to have burned out the graphics card and the power supply as well. Problem is I use it for work quite a lot and my tax returns etc. So it’s really...
  5. Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using android tablet as drawing tablet for windows: What apps can I use to use my android tablet as a writing tablet? Aside how do I know these apps/other apps are safe? particularly when they are not part of windows store or......
  6. android tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    android tablet: why won`t my computer recognise my android tablet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/android-tablet/0f339539-3c47-4bf7-af2e-024a220625b7
  7. Syncronize kindle. Fire HD to this tablet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncronize kindle. Fire HD to this tablet: Sync. Kindle fire HD to new tablet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncronize-kindle-fire-hd-to-this-tablet/ca893ebb-f31f-4470-a4ea-aba3567a945a
  8. Question: a Tablet or a Kindle Fire

in Windows 10 Support
    Question: a Tablet or a Kindle Fire: a Tablet or a Kindle Fire this question is not W10 specific, it does have to do with digital devices and internet communication. i have a basic kindle e-reader that needs to be replace. I know nothing about "tablets"; i do all my work on a W10 PC. Q; what can i do on a...
  9. Android Tablet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android Tablet: Can you use files created on Win 10 in an Acer 500 tablet? I want to use an external drive 49752
  10. convert audio cd to smartphone/fire tablet

in Windows 10 Support
    convert audio cd to smartphone/fire tablet: Hi guys, Can anyone show me an easy(free) way to play an audio cd (In this case a language tutorial) on my Fire tablet or smartphone. Thanks. Bill 82982

Users found this page by searching for:

1. android overheating when connected to jack