Windows 10: Animations for show desktop / switching apps ? It is a very crude

Discus and support Animations for show desktop / switching apps ? It is a very crude in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there Could someone please shed some light as to why when showing the desktop or switch apps it is these intense flashes between the two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jippee1, Mar 29, 2018.

1. jippee1 Win User

Animations for show desktop / switching apps ? It is a very crude

Hi there

Could someone please shed some light as to why when showing the desktop or switch apps it is these intense flashes between the two different states. If you swipe down on your mouse pad and bring up the desktop it does not transition. Sure we want to get to our desktop fast but surely there are better transitions - the extra bit of refinement that windows can make. I mean if you swipe with four fingers to the next desktop (not that I ever need to as I dont use extra desktops ) that is such a waste of a beautiful animation. It could be used in showing the desktop. The same applies to switching apps with three finger swipe. It just flashes to the next app which I find really annoying. It is availiable on the tablet mode which I used for sometime but sewitched back to desktop mode because even tablet mode is a ridiculous excuse for touch screen computers. (some windows do not show in this mode becasue of the restrictions they have on their window so they just dont all go fullscreen and just dont show up such as a dialogue box etc. Please dont ask me which program etc to diagnose the problem further I am merely stating that the windows we have now is a silly excuse for a better product we are promised in the future. through these updates that we have limited control over to what they are doing to my computer.)

I also still dont fully understand the process of switching apps with the three finger swipe- especially when you have multiple programs open, does windows equally divide your trackpad up according to the amount of apps you have as you swipe through them? The whole process feels so unrefined - I mean c'mon! We are in 2018! surely it is not that hard to make something transition beautifully especially when that is at the front end of the user interaction.

My question how can I add transitions to these swipes?

** EDIT / ADD (while I am on the topic)

I could also say if you have 2 windows side by side and you swipe three fingers up and you go to the app viewer sometimes the apps crossover (the right app goes to the left, the left app goes to the right) - whatever the process of order is maybe it could be so they don't crossover? This is also when you have 2 apps open.

Then when you swipe three fingers back the shadow that divides your two apps to show which app is being used just flahes on - i feel these are really small details but can make very big differences to user interaction - can the UI designers not make animations so harsh? Or am I wrong please can someone enlighten this whole animation system. Some animations are great but others need a lot of work.

Cheers

:)

jippee1, Mar 29, 2018

2. Animations for show desktop / switching apps ? It is a very crude / un-refined switch

Hi there

Could someone please shed some light as to why when showing the desktop or switch apps it is these intense flashes between the two different states. If you swipe down on your mouse pad and bring up the desktop it does not transition. Sure we want to get
    to our desktop fast but surely there are better transitions - the extra bit of refinement that windows can make. I mean if you swipe with four fingers to the next desktop (not that I ever need to as I dont use extra desktops ) that is such a waste of a beautiful
    animation. It could be used in showing the desktop. The same applies to switching apps with three finger swipe. It just flashes to the next app which I find really annoying. It is availiable on the tablet mode which I used for sometime but sewitched back to
    desktop mode because even tablet mode is a ridiculous excuse for touch screen computers. (some windows do not show in this mode becasue of the restrictions they have on their window so they just dont all go fullscreen and just dont show up such as a dialogue
    box etc. Please dont ask me which program etc to diagnose the problem further I am merely stating that the windows we have now is a silly excuse for a better product we are promised in the future. through these updates that we have limited control over to
    what they are doing to my computer.)

I also still dont fully understand the process of switching apps with the three finger swipe- especially when you have multiple programs open, does windows equally divide your trackpad up according to the amount of apps you have as you swipe through them?
    The whole process feels so unrefined - I mean c'mon! We are in 2018! surely it is not that hard to make something transition beautifully especially when that is at the front end of the user interaction.

My question how can I add transitions to these swipes?

** EDIT / ADD (while I am on the topic)

I could also say if you have 2 windows side by side and you swipe three fingers up and you go to the app viewer sometimes the apps crossover (the right app goes to the left, the left app goes to the right) - whatever the process of order is maybe it could
    be so they don't crossover? This is also when you have 2 apps open.

Then when you swipe three fingers back the shadow that divides your two apps to show which app is being used just flahes on - i feel these are really small details but can make very big differences to user interaction - can the UI designers not make animations
    so harsh? Or am I wrong please can someone enlighten this whole animation system. Some animations are great but others need a lot of work.

Cheers

darrenjack_uct, Mar 29, 2018
  3. Naddy69 Win User
    windows 10 is a huge step backwards

I agree. Win 8.1 had the best tablet interface, period. It is completely ruined in Win 10.

1. I don't want a permanent taskbar on a tablet. That's a huge waste of screen space

2. Where are the charms? There is now no way to get to settings for some apps, assuming they will even install

3. Where is the animation when launching apps?

4. Where is swipe in from the left to switch apps?

5. Nice to see that search finally works in the App Store.

6. Where is the Desktop tile? I have a couple desktop apps installed on tablets. Am I supposed to switch "modes" now to see the desktop? Sorry but that is huge step backwards.

"Tablet Mode" is basically desktop mode with min/max/close buttons removed from apps, and a slightly different taskbar that cannot be removed. It is completely useless now.

I have removed the "upgrade app" from every 8.1 machine in the house (6 tablets, 3 laptops and a desktop). This turkey will be nowhere near ready in 3 weeks. Wake me up when Win 10 is useable on tablets, we will be staying on 8.1

Naddy69, Mar 29, 2018
Thema:

Animations for show desktop / switching apps ? It is a very crude

1. Animations for show desktop / switching apps ? It is a very crude - Similar Threads - Animations show desktop

2. Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations: A recent couple of months old by now update to Windows 11 enabled animations every time I switch virtual desktops. I use them extensively. The problem is that the animation slides the whole screen and that gives me bad motion sickness. One slide is enough to trigger the...
  3. Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations: A recent couple of months old by now update to Windows 11 enabled animations every time I switch virtual desktops. I use them extensively. The problem is that the animation slides the whole screen and that gives me bad motion sickness. One slide is enough to trigger the...
  4. Is there a way to bring back the desktop switching animation?

Is there a way to bring back the desktop switching animation?: Hi! I updated to Windows 11 a while ago, and there's something about it that has been bugging me for a while now. In Windows 10, you could use the shortcut Ctrl + Windows key + the arrow keys to switch between desktops. In Windows 11, you can still do this, but the animation...
  5. Is there a way to bring back the desktop switching animation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to bring back the desktop switching animation?: Hi! I updated to Windows 11 a while ago, and there's something about it that has been bugging me for a while now. In Windows 10, you could use the shortcut Ctrl + Windows key + the arrow keys to switch between desktops. In Windows 11, you can still do this, but the animation...
  6. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  7. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  8. Is there anything I can do to change the app-switching animation to the desktop switching...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there anything I can do to change the app-switching animation to the desktop switching...: The 4-finger swipe animation is beautiful and feels good. The 3-finger swipe doesn't feel nice at all - the animation is a little too harsh. Is there any way to change this animation to make it more like the 4-finger desktop swiping animation? submitted by /u/iamlikeanonion...
  9. Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings?: I personally prefer less animation or trans things when I switch apps to keep everything clean and fluent, so I would like to keep the animations in Windows 10 off. But for some reason, when I set this switch to OFF, it just won't work. And when I come back to Settings, this...
  10. Animated desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Animated desktop: Hi again,,, I am interested in having an animated desktop,, I have seen a nice aquarium one which indecently was free,, I downloaded the picture and it showed on the desktop but it did nothing. I'm afraid I need help with this please,, could someone show me in a dummies...