Windows 10: Anniversary build defender won't allow what it thinks is malware

Discus and support Anniversary build defender won't allow what it thinks is malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there If Windows defender thinks something is malware it deletes it before you've been given a chance to examine it. This is on release 1607... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jimbo45, Aug 2, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anniversary build defender won't allow what it thinks is malware

Hi there

If Windows defender thinks something is malware it deletes it before you've been given a chance to examine it. This is on release 1607 (Anniversary build). On 1511 you could see what Windows defender had caught and then allow / quarantine/remove.

I can't see that action any more -- it's annoying if Windows defender catches a legit program that it has a false positive for.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 2, 2016

2. Windows Defender

Windows Defender won't trun on. Im running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I think that is the reason. Any ideas?

KerryLingo, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Cortana weather bug - "Here you go"

there won't be new update I think...........

it would be new build release "Anniversary update"

on 29 July.............

Hope they fix it before it

Shahroze Sarfraz, Aug 2, 2016
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

That sounds bad, very bad.

PS. Do you still have the option to go to history and proceed from there?

PS2. Ermmh. Mine is displaying the Show detail option and, Allow, etc.. At least from manual scan.

eLPuSHeR, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary build defender won't allow what it thinks is malware - Similar Threads - Anniversary build defender

2. Windows Defender won't remove certain malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender won't remove certain malware: Windows Defender detects multiple "PUABundler:Win32/PhotoScapeBundler," When I select Remove or Quarantine and click Start actions, nothing happens. The malware stays there for weeks. Although the threat is low, it's not present to have them. Two other antivirus software...
  3. Windows Defender won't remove certain malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender won't remove certain malware: Windows Defender detects multiple "PUABundler:Win32/PhotoScapeBundler," When I select Remove or Quarantine and click Start actions, nothing happens. The malware stays there for weeks. Although the threat is low, it's not present to have them. Two other antivirus software...
  4. Windows Defender won't remove certain malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Malware won't uninstall with Windows Defender OR MalwareBytes... help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware won't uninstall with Windows Defender OR MalwareBytes... help!: This is what WAS uninstalled by MalwareBytes: poop.txtHere is a FRST scan: FRST.txt Addition.txtPlease help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-wont-uninstall-with-windows-defender-or/59339f17-69fe-42e3-b862-89a14b3ded1b
  6. Malware won't uninstall with Windows Defender OR MalwareBytes... help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware won't uninstall with Windows Defender OR MalwareBytes... help!: This is what WAS uninstalled by MalwareBytes: poop.txtHere is a FRST scan: FRST.txt Addition.txtPlease help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-wont-uninstall-with-windows-defender-or/59339f17-69fe-42e3-b862-89a14b3ded1b
  7. Windows Defender won't detect any Malware

Windows Defender won't detect any Malware: Split from this thread.Good for you every time I run a full scan it never finds anything which is disturbing. I have a feeling Defender isn't as good as they claim and my PC is full of viruses....
  8. What is this ? Malware??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is this ? Malware??: [IMG]Didnt open . Anyone elaborate?? looks legit but need to know history. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-this-malware/39652293-3500-4e21-9d56-e9416a09214d
  9. Windows Defender won't suggest actions for malware it found

Windows Defender won't suggest actions for malware it found: I am running a Windows 10 PC with the following specifications: [ATTACH] I ran a Windows Defender scan, and at one point it reported a Threat. I am also using F-Secure SAFE, which when scanning found no threats. When running new scans Windows Defender and F-Secure won't...
  10. Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4: Windows 10 Anniversary Update, with version 1607, installed satisfactorily EXCEPT Logitech gaming keyboard & mouse will not work in the game. Both worked fine in prior version. Problem only occurs in this game. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, 64140