Windows 10: Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites

Discus and support Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The "anniversary edition" failed to import the Edge favorites from the previous edition. I have full backups, so restoring files/folders is an option.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by ltwally, Sep 21, 2016.

1. ltwally Win User

Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites

The "anniversary edition" failed to import the Edge favorites from the previous edition. I have full backups, so restoring files/folders is an option. However, simply putting back the old Edge app storage location (C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User \Default) does not have any impact. It looks like Edge is now storing its favorites elsewhere.

Anyone have any ideas how to import the old Edge favorites into the anniversary edition of Edge?

Thanks

:)

ltwally, Sep 21, 2016
  2. graye Win User

Favorites Bar Length

Since there is a right-click option for Internet Explorer, I'm gonna assume you're talking about Edge?

Currently Edge doesn't support an "icon only" feature. But this feature will be available on the 2nd of August with the Anniversary Update to Windows 10.

But, meanwhile, you can just edit the names of those favorites to include a single space character. You'll have to do that from the favorites pane and the Favorites Bar
    folder (not from the actual Favorites Bar itself)

graye, Sep 21, 2016
  3. gjc100 Win User
    windows 10 version 1511 asks me daily to verify credentials

Installing Windows anniversary update eliminated this issue! Edge favorites now sync

gjc100, Sep 21, 2016
  4. dacrone Win User

It stores them in a .edb database file now. you can edit them with freeware called EdgeManage created by Emmet Gray

dacrone, Sep 21, 2016
  5. ltwally Win User
    How do I go about getting them from the previous build into the anniversary edition, though? Do I just need to open the EDB from the old version and copy them into the EDB from the new version?

Thanks

ltwally, Sep 21, 2016
  6. dacrone Win User
    builds 10240 and 10586 did not store them in an edb file. If the appdata folder that they used to be in does not contain them anymore, then you may have lost your favorites.

dacrone, Sep 21, 2016
  7. ltwally Win User
    I have backups... but simply placing them in their prior location is not working. Another win for the anniversary edition.

ltwally, Sep 21, 2016
  8. dacrone Win User

If you have the url links still, use the freeware I mentioned in the first post and restore them using that

dacrone, Sep 21, 2016
  9. ltwally Win User
    I think we're missing the point: I was looking a way to recover them from the previous build and import them into the current build. I can always manually type them into the new build of Edge as easily as I can type them into a third party utility.

Thanks

ltwally, Sep 22, 2016
  10. dacrone Win User
    No. You don't have to type them into that freeware. You can just drag and drop them... Look at the program.

dacrone, Sep 22, 2016
  11. ltwally Win User
    I did. I believe we are miscommunicating. I am looking for a tool to simply import them from the old version (like you'd expect MS to make happen with the update process).

This tool is more about backing up and restoring the new version of Edge's favorites database. Adding new entries takes as much time/effort as putting them into Edge, itself.

I'm not saying it's a bad tool; if I ever need a tool specifically for export/import of the Edge favorite database, it looks like a winner. I'm simply saying that it does not do what I have been asking for. I appreciate your effort. It simply isn't the right tool for the job.

ltwally, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites - Similar Threads - Anniversary edition removed

2. favorites on Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    favorites on Edge: Can I make Edge openwith a verticcal favorites list similar to the way IE has been doing mit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-on-edge/d2a18a59-581e-4e1b-9e51-6f64a533d3c3
  3. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  4. EDGE Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE Favorites: How do you SORT the favorites? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-favorites/05bcaa2d-4440-450c-8012-506287f63127
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  6. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Favorites: How do you change the width of the Favorites Side panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/edge-favorites/7d3ac0b7-4fb5-4364-a313-2804ea3e431f
  7. Editing favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Editing favorites in Edge: So, one of the annoying things about Edge is that the Favorites are all stored in a database, and there is no UI feature to edit them (such as changing the url after the Favorite has been created). This can be a little annoying when the link you want to save as a favorite...
  8. Edge Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites: I too would like to access my W10 Edge Favorites list to edit them. But I find it incredible that no-one (including Microsoft) appears to know where they. I did come across one reply in the Windows 10 forum that listed them but not in the folders in the drop-down list in Edge...
  9. Edge Favorites.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Favorites.: I just noticed after doing a clean install of windows 10 1607, that my favorites in ms edge are gone. Is there anyway to get them back? Henry 58963
  10. Anniversary update, remove Edge from taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Anniversary update, remove Edge from taskbar: Does anybody know how to get rid of the Edge shortcut that has been placed on the task bar? I don't want that thing there but unfortunately it cannot be "unpinned". 58462