Windows 10: Anniversary Issue

Discus and support Anniversary Issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I keep reading about the anniversary Issue. What is it and do I want it? 64153 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bargi, Sep 17, 2016.

1. bargi Win User

Anniversary Issue

I keep reading about the anniversary Issue. What is it and do I want it?

:)

bargi, Sep 17, 2016

2. shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shut down goes into restart mode instead of shutting down

shutdown issue, Sep 17, 2016
  3. Eject options inconsistent between USB stick and USB external drive - Windows 10

This issue is still present on a 32bit system with the Anniversary Update. The 64bit system with the Anniversary Update is fine

Ron

Ron Hewett, Sep 17, 2016
  4. marsmimar Win User

Anniversary Issue

Hello bargi and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Windows 10 had a major update that was released to the public on August 2, 2016. Microsoft says this update will improve / enhance / make things better for Windows 10 users. As with every new Windows release, some people are reporting issues ranging from minor annoyances to major problems where their computers won't even boot. Individual preference if someone should get this update now or wait. Some of the new features are here:

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Features | See What’s New | Microsoft

marsmimar, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    I presume you are running Windows 10 version 1511 (type Winver in the Search box and run it to check).

The Anniversary Update takes you up to version 1607 and adds some new features, the most obvious being a redesigned Start menu and Edge being able to accept add-ons. Sooner or later it will appear in your windows update as 'Features update for Windows 10, version 1607'.

6. bargi Win User
    Thanks for the response. I am having so many problems with my recent Win 10 update, I am afraid to try anything new. Thought the anniversary issue might fix some of my problems but scared to try it.

bargi, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Rocky Win User
    You can do a complete clean install of the Anniversary Edition. This might alleviate some of your issues.

Rocky, Sep 18, 2016
  8. bargi Win User

Anniversary Issue

Does doing a complete clean install mean deleting the Win 10 version that I have and then installing the Anniversary issue? I have no sound and the #2 monitor is green. I am older than dirt and technologically inept. Since my desktop is four years old, I am wondering if a new computer might be the way to go.

bargi, Sep 19, 2016
  9. glock356 Win User
    I am receiving this aniversary update on Sunday, 09/18.
    It seems everythig working OK, but... *Confused
    There is a few annoying things - Solitaire Games are painfuly slow, Microsoft Mahjong is not working at all, and I have before this update installed Windows 7 Games for Windows 10 which after update stop working, icons ian menus dissapeared from Start Menu.
    I can survive without this games, but I loved to play some of this from time to time.
    Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks for ansvers *Smile

glock356, Sep 19, 2016
  10. Rocky Win User
    It might seem like a daunting task to do a complete clean install of Windows 10, but the folks here at the Ten Forum can definitely help you out. Basically a clean install will wipe your entire computer clean and make your computer just like brand new. Because of this it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you back up all of your data and programs first.

Have you checked to see if the device manager has any issues? Since your computer is four years old there might not be all the right drivers for Windows 10.

Rocky, Sep 21, 2016
  11. Patgard Win User
    I am very unhappy with Win 10. I was practically forced to change from Win 7, and every update makes my system worse.

Patgard, Sep 22, 2016
  12. Steve C Win User
    There are still some serious bugs in the AU including the missing drives/RAW format bug. I've deferred upgrading for a while since I don't like being a guinea pig for MS.

Steve C, Sep 23, 2016
  13. bargi Win User

Anniversary Issue

I appreciate your responses and hope that you can help me further. I downloaded Windows 10 on July 12 and have been trying to get it to function ever since. I have read in different forums and have followed the recommendations to no avail. At this stage I am feeling a high level of frustration verging on depression. I have a number of issues but will deal them out one at a time. The issue of the day is no sound. I was using a pair of inherited speakers and the only identification I can find is CE. I heard a loud roar which the volume control did not modify. Assuming they were shot, I installed a set of Boston Acoustics BA635 - also inherited. Still no sound. I did all kinds of Troubleshooting for sound issues and everything checks out fine. The volume control gives a reading as though they were working. Then I surmised that perhaps both sets were too old to work with Win 10 so I bought a pair of Logitech. Repeat of the same process with everything saying they are working - but still no sound. I have been living with Device Manager and could tell you all the steps that I have taken but expect you know what the recommendations are and I have followed them many times. I feel that I am asking the impossible of you and I apologize for that.

bargi, Oct 7, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Let me first say that I am sorry to hear about all your frustrations with the upgrade to W10. *Sad
    That being said, I will tell you that a 4-year-old computer will run W10 famously if clean installed, instead of upgraded from W7. I have seen numerous problems with W7 to W10 upgrades, all of which were resolved with a clean install. There is just too much baggage from a W7 upgrade to deal with.

The members here will certainly help you do this, if you're willing. Or, you can take the machine to your local PC shop and have them do it. Just be sure your data is backed up, and you have any install media and keys for any paid software. We can also get your older games working again. *Wink

simrick, Oct 7, 2016
  15. bargi Win User
    Thank you so very much for responding, Simrick. I am thinking that the clean install sounds like my best option. One thing that puzzles me is that I did the Win 10 change on my 2 year old HP laptop at the same time as the desktop and, although there were a few problems, I was able to deal with them. Before I commit I have a few questions. I use Carbonite so I am sure my data is backed up but "install media and keys for any paid software" is giving me pause. I can think of only one commercial program that I have purchased so I can check with that company for directions. However, I have paid and made donations to several private genealogy sites but I am assuming that since I have a user name and password, I am good there. Will this installation of Win 10 also be gratis? Can you give me some guidance as to how long the uninstall and the clean install will take? Since I am unsure what installed media are, I assume I have none thereof. I will have to do the procedure myself as wrestling the tower to the shop would be difficult but I am even more daunted by having to unhook everything and then hook it back up correctly. I will take a few days to get my ducks in a row and then will be back for your instructions.
    Ever so grateful,

bargi, Oct 8, 2016
Thema:

Anniversary Issue

1. Anniversary Issue - Similar Threads - Anniversary Issue

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Uninstalled due to issues, user ID disconnected

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary Uninstalled due to issues, user ID disconnected: My Laptop had Windows 8. It updated to Windows 10 fine. Then there was an issue with a video driver update, but I was able to keep it rolled back. Windows 10 Anniversary Update installed itself and deleted the old driver (no more rollback). It started taking about 20 minutes...
  3. Anniversary Update issues with small devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Update issues with small devices: Small devices (ie.with SSDs around 30 GB) should be able to get the Anniversary update if the right procedures are followed. However, I have been trying for many hours over the past week, mainly with the help of several Microsoft Support technicians. I terminated the last...
  4. File History Choose Drive Issue after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    File History Choose Drive Issue after Anniversary Upgrade: Before upgrading to the Anniversary build I was using a Backup+ Seagate USB Drive for File History on I: (It was connected when I made the upgrade) After upgrading I could not get the computer to recognize the Backup+ at all. But it DOES recognize an old GoFlex USB drive....
  5. Anniversary Update and touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update and touchpad issues: Soon after the windows 10 anniversary update was available I installed it on a Dell D 630. Right away I had issues with the touchpad. Text would be highlighted that I did not select by merely passing the mouse pointer over it. Pages would change without my commands. So I...
  6. Webcam issues in Anniversary Update to be fixed in September

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam issues in Anniversary Update to be fixed in September: hello i have YOGA 2 PRO from long time cant use my webcam its not working almost of time you can say 99.99% and the 0.1% its come and broken and led light open and off without cam on ; i try every thing all solution i do but no resultant yesterday i see news ...i need...
  7. Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Dashware program following Anniversary update: I use a program called Dashware to overlay telemetry data from my racecar onto video taken with a GoPro to provide driver coaching to identify how I can go faster. The Dashware software is now owned by GoPro, but is no longer developed. Dashware runs fine under version...
  8. Wifi connection issues after windows 10 anniversary update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi connection issues after windows 10 anniversary update: Hello Everyone. I am new here and have never really posted on a help forum before. But I am having crippling connection issues and have not found any threads that really represent my specific problem. I have an ASUS laptop and have been running windows 10 pretty much...
  9. windows 10 anniversary update issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 anniversary update issues: Hello I would like all of you people to post here any issues you encountered during or after installation of the Windows 10 anniversary update. Maybe we can use this as an index of issues to expect... 81448
  10. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue: Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting. Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button. Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all....