Windows 10: Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?

Discus and support Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did a clean install of 1607 on a separate partition and encountered wifi and graphic issues. Unsuccessful searched for appropriate drivers which may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by torre, Aug 11, 2016.

1. torre Win User

Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ?

I did a clean install of 1607 on a separate partition and encountered wifi and graphic issues. Unsuccessful searched for appropriate drivers which may be found with further searching.

However, my 3 year old Toshiba is running great on build 1511. Updates to 1511 were received this past Tuesday. And personally, for my needs, 1607 does not bring that much to the table. I did try the new Edge extensions but found the speed performance lacking.

Will older builds continue to receive updates ?

(Toshiba does not support my model for Win10)

:)

torre, Aug 11, 2016

2. Windows 10 anniversary update 1607 stalled at 71% "working on updates 71%"

Tried about 30 times installing the mandatory Windows 10 anniversary 1607 update and it never makes it past 71%. Just stalls out at "Working on updates 71%". I tried doing it with the mouse unplugged, with my anti-virus turned off, and in airplane mode
    with WiFi off. No luck. Any tips?

MaxWettsteinforreal, Aug 11, 2016
  3. Laptop not working

1. When (approx. date) was Win10 Anniversary Update (AKA Win10 Version 1607) installed?

2. Was Win10 Anniversary Update (AKA Win10 Version 1607) offered & installed via Windows Update or did you install it manually, too?

3. When (exact dates) were KB3206632 and KB3199986 (assuming it's listed) installed according to
    Installed Updates (not Update History)?

4. Is it still necessary to start the computer in Safe Mode or are you working in normal (Windows) mode now?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Aug 11, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, don't expect 1511 to be supported in parallel indefinitely. There has to be some overlap, as some editions allow upgrades to be deferred. But the point is deferral can't be indefinite. That's not MS's policy.

Good you know your PC isn't supported, but doesn't mean it may not run it as you know. One possible problem with doing such upgrades is that thermal management may not be effective due to low level AHCI driver incompatibilities.

The upgrade does resolve a few longstanding bugs, introduces one text positioning bug (I have a workaround).
    The Edge extensions are limited to those from Store. I use Firefox, and don't use the apps or Edge in general - and in particular not the Win 10 start menu(!!).

Your laptop has a limited life, so if it runs on 1511, and does what you want- great.

dalchina, Aug 11, 2016
  5. torre Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

After patience and continuing searches, it seems I have found the appropriate wifi and graphics driver (fingers crossed) *Smile

torre, Aug 11, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great-well done. That's the only sort of circumstance in which I might consider using a driver updater program.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update 1607 Mandatory/Necessary ? - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update 1607

2. Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download Anniversary update ISO 14393 1607: I have a lot of Dell Latitude 10 ST2 tablets that were just donated to the thrift store. They came with Windows 8.0 and I want to update then to Windows 10. Unfortunately they have the Intel Atom Clover Trail processor which Microsoft no longer supports after the Anniversary...
  3. cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cant finish the anniversary update for the win 10 (1607): my laptop has been trying for many times for the anniversary update of win 10, but i always stuck at the 30%, and the laptop just crush there and remain 30% for all time. I have tried to reset the computer but still fail. What can I do??? 80279
  4. Facebook App opens & closes on Anniversary update Version 1607

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Facebook App opens & closes on Anniversary update Version 1607: It seems facebook app just open & closes right away on the Anniversary edition Version 1607 build 14383.187. I uninstalled & reinstalled app & no dice. I went also again to apps, features. facebook advanced options & reset still no dice. Anyone find a fix to this yet? or just...
  5. Difference between Feature Update 1607 and Anniversary Edition

Difference between Feature Update 1607 and Anniversary Edition: What's the difference between Windows 10 Feature Update 1607 and the Anniversary edition? My computer just finished updating (took best part of an hour) and I was told that Feature Update 1607 had been installed. I was then asked if I wanted to install the Anniversary...
  6. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  7. Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update: Hello *Smile I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters back? That Problem is system-wide. How to fix? Screenshot: Before: [img] After Win10 Update: [img] You can...
  8. Not enough space for anniversary update (1607)

Not enough space for anniversary update (1607): Hello, I am the owner of a small laptop, an Acer Switch 10, which only have 32GB of SSD memory inside. I also have a microSD *always* in of 128GB, and a normal 500GB HDD on the keyboard, if plugged, of course. The internal memory has 6GB free right now, and I can't free...
  9. From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?

From Anniversary Update (1607) to Creators Edition?: I would like to have everyone's feedback here. Currently, I am running Win10 1607 (AU) and would like to soon upgrade to the Win10 Creative Edition. Should I perform a Clean install from the 1607 to the Creative Edition or just do an upgrade through the Windows Update?...
  10. issues with Win10 anniversary 14.393.10 (1607)

in Windows 10 Support
    issues with Win10 anniversary 14.393.10 (1607): I upgraded 7 machines to 1607. All of these machines are running 1511, 3 of the machines had 32-bit versions (1 Asus transformer, 1 Asus Tablet and 1 HP Stream Tablet). All these machines upgraded and migrated without any issues. Of the remaining 4 machines, 2 are Intel...