Windows 10: anniversary update, accept or not

Discus and support anniversary update, accept or not in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I know it will eventually be installed no matter what I do but it appears it is loaded with errors from what I read on this site and others. Can it be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wood, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Wood Win User

anniversary update, accept or not

I know it will eventually be installed no matter what I do but it appears it is loaded with errors from what I read on this site and others.
    Can it be delayed at all.
    Upgraded from 7 to 10 last December.

:)

2. paul_33 Win User

Windows 10 restarting without warning--abrupt, uncontrollable, involuntary!

This is happening to us too and no - that prompt is not coming up. Anniversary edition computers are prompted with a warning. Creator's update computers are restarting without warning.

This really isn't acceptable for business environments.

paul_33, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    windows 10 anniversary update

At the 'Start Menu' type 'winver', accept & follow directions.

If the info in 'winver' states Ver. 1607 Bld. 14393.10 you have the Anniversary Update, nothing more is needed to be done, if not the update will come thru soon.

Shilohbob, Aug 10, 2016
  4. anniversary update, accept or not

Any piece of software is going to have some issues for some people, especially when it is potentially installed 350 million times. Sure, it can be delayed, but it isn't "full of errors". Getting to sound like a broken record, but just but if the software itself was broken, everyone who installed it would experience the problems. I'm putting it on everyone of my Windows 10 computers and the handful of friend and family computers I manage without hesitation.

DeaconFrost, Aug 10, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    You can defer the upgrade if you have the Pro edition which I've done on my main PC. I've upgraded my PC with the Home Edition and it's fine apart from a few minor gremlins.

Steve C, Aug 11, 2016
  6. cereberus Win User
    Forums always give impression there are issues, as people only post when they have problems.

If anything, I would say there are less posts coming with issues from AU upgrade than we saw with 10586 upgrade, and original 10240 upgrade.

cereberus, Aug 11, 2016
  7. SEP555 Win User
    I hope AU can be blocked, I cant get internet from it so want to leave it until the next update

SEP555, Aug 11, 2016
  8. mingle Win User

Seriously guys, I've tried the update on a few disparate machines and have run into major hiccups on all of them.

A clean install is the best way to go - far more stable and less issues.

True, I had to reinstall and configure the system and applications to my preferences, but it was far easier than trying to fix-up the problems cause by the upgrades.

Just my $0.02...

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle, Aug 11, 2016
  9. corkscrew Win User
    I know it's a bit of a mission, but download the ISO of AU and do a clean install. I did and have had no issues at all.
    Upgrading always leaves room for issues and problems.

corkscrew, Aug 11, 2016
  10. SEP555 Win User
    Has there been any isssues doing a clean install but along side a dual boot?

SEP555, Aug 11, 2016
  11. torre Win User
    I initially went the dual boot route with a clean install on a separate partition. Had issue finding wifi and graphics driver but that is because of an older laptop. No Windows issues. I later formatted 1511 and now running 1607 solo, working fine.

torre, Aug 12, 2016
  12. x509 Win User
    What did you do for a license for the second, clean install?

13. SEP555 Win User

AU has now forced itself onto my wifes laptop. All hell is going to break loose if it looses internet too. Now will windows as a "service" expect her to format and do a clean install...

SEP555, Aug 12, 2016
  14. torre Win User
    The digital license automatically activates if Win10 previously installed.

torre, Aug 12, 2016
  15. Why not clone,using Macrium,the fault free system and see how the update goes?

joeandmarg0, Aug 13, 2016
Thema:

1. anniversary update, accept or not - Similar Threads - anniversary update accept

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Skip the Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Skip the Anniversary Update?: Is it possible to skip the anniversary update but still get security updates? The question is not whether this is a good idea. Just, is it possible. 60216
  4. Anniversary Update woes

Anniversary Update woes: Hi. I recently rolled back my desktop from the anniversary update because I was noticing problems with start times (slower), my wifi (poor connection) and bluetooth (connection problems with no audio). After trying to reinstall my drivers which had no success, I decided to...
  5. Anniversary Update Number?

Anniversary Update Number?: What is the KBxxxxxx number for the Anniversary Update? I want to uninstall it because it's causing me a lot problems. Don Cole 92379
  6. Anniversary Update Report

Anniversary Update Report: I've been delaying updating my desktop PCs to the Anniversary Update (AU) due to previous reports on the forum of missing drives or drives appearing in RAW format. I haven't noticed any recent reports of this issue so I went ahead and upgraded my father's PC two days ago....
  7. Anniversary Update Problem

Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  8. Why no anniversary update?

Why no anniversary update?: My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545 I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for this? (I have a year old laptop with Windows 10 Home and that did get the anniversary update.) 74147
  9. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  10. Anniversary Update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update issues: I updated to the Anni version today and I am not 100% impressed with it. Firstly, I couldn't access the menu using left click but using the right click was ok, Secondly, I find that I am unable to open a .pdf in Adobe reader DC for some strange reason? I tried downloading...