Windows 10: Anniversary update and VMware - really HORRIBLE I/O performance

Discus and support Anniversary update and VMware - really HORRIBLE I/O performance in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there I've noticed that I/O performance on VM's is really poor when using VMWARE with Anniversary update - makes no difference whether the VM is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Aug 6, 2016.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Anniversary update and VMware - really HORRIBLE I/O performance

Hi there

I've noticed that I/O performance on VM's is really poor when using VMWARE with Anniversary update - makes no difference whether the VM is a LINUX or WINDOWS VM if running on the same Host.

For example USB 3 transfers with HDD's -- on 1511 (HOST) transfer rate on the VM not stellar but adequate -- around 110 - 140 mib/s on average for a whole slew of files say around 500 GB worth as a good test.

Same rate on build 1606(HOST) with the same HDD attached to the same USB3 port on the VM transfer rate around 28 - 33 mib/s. !! About USB 2 speed - even a bit slow for that.

I'd updated VMware tools and HOST OS and VM are running on an SSD.

Afraid that's just no good - especially as I'm using the VM as a media server - so I've reverted back to build 1511 until this mess is sorted out.

I'm going to investigate if the same thing happens with HYPER-V.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 6, 2016
  2. BobScott Win User

VMWare install hanging after Anniversary Update

I have done a clean install on VMWare. All seemed good but then it started hanging so badly that I had to reboot the host as the VMWare machine had hung so badly.

Acer notebook - Never gets past second boot on install. Ever spinning dot syndrome..

PC - I7, 32 gb, ssd and hdd - Installs well but always hangs. I have tried this four times with the same results.

Clean boot at times DOES NOT work properly.

C'mon Microsoft, please stop making excuses and just repair this horrible problem. Get your act together.

BobScott, Aug 6, 2016
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Upgraded two computers to Win 10 - Start Menus Different

on each pc click start and type winver

have a look at the version

you will find that one is 1511 and one (the really horrible one) is 1607 (anniversary update)

Martmcd, Aug 6, 2016
Thema:

Anniversary update and VMware - really HORRIBLE I/O performance

1. Anniversary update and VMware - really HORRIBLE I/O performance - Similar Threads - Anniversary update VMware

2. Update causing horrible gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update causing horrible gaming performance?: Went through and updated my MSI laptop 12900H and 3080ti. I was not updating from Windows 10 to 11. Just simply checked for updates to the current system and did so. Ever since I've updated, my games run like TRASH. MW2 running at 130fps before, now getting 40-50fps and my...
  3. Update causing horrible gaming performance?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update causing horrible gaming performance?: Went through and updated my MSI laptop 12900H and 3080ti. I was not updating from Windows 10 to 11. Just simply checked for updates to the current system and did so. Ever since I've updated, my games run like TRASH. MW2 running at 130fps before, now getting 40-50fps and my...
  4. Defender is getting really horrible now

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender is getting really horrible now: [ATTACH] https://i.redd.it/j2nf75y3luz81.gif Bruh I literally reset my laptop and it still won't stop memory leaking https://preview.redd.it/w9msnxz7luz81.png?width=782&format=png&auto=webp&s=7ce6d5e2bed9a6bc494b6bb960d7e0df99c1be15 submitted by...
  5. Horrible PC Performance 21H1 19043.1055

in Windows 10 Support
    Horrible PC Performance 21H1 19043.1055: Seems like my issues started after update KB5003637. My frame rates in Cold War dropped by more than half. In just the menu screens sometimes I drop to around 20fps. Maps take forever to load and half the time I lose connection now. If I do get in a game my FPS will drop...
  6. Windows 10 horrible performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 horrible performance: Until I can afford another, this dell with windows 10 is going to have to do, but it's constantly crashing while I'm browsing with Microsoft Edge and just annoyingly doing anything it can to make my online laptop experience horrendous. When I open task manager, there are...
  7. Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horrible stutter in games after Anniversary Update: I get an awful stutter when gaming after my PC updated itself to 1607. I play only two games, Battlefield 4 and QuakeLive. I always play with vsync on. Right now anything below 144 fps results in stuttering which feels like gaming with 50-60 fps in BF4 (gfx settings...
  8. After Anniversary update performance drop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Anniversary update performance drop: Noticing lot of performance problems like freezing for several minutes after applying latest windows 10 updates. Even tried to reinstall my security programs but nothing really helps. I think that my PC is not that old to be freezing like this. I am running Windows 10 64 Bit...
  9. I/O performance on VM severely degraded with anniversary update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I/O performance on VM severely degraded with anniversary update: Hi there I/O performance is HIDEOUS when using a VM or external USB 3 device --I am experiencing huge Buffer refreshes in Plex media server when serving movies either from a VM running PLEX Media server or using external USB3 device on Windows. Reverted back again to...
  10. Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware...

in Windows 10 Support
    Performance of W10 hardware in Vmware...: The "Performance & Maintenance" sub-forum is missing and I was just curious how other systems perform. The Vmware W10 "winsat" scores ON MY SYSTEM: "winsat disk": C:\Windows\system32>winsat disk Windows System Assessment Tool Note: Feature emulation process had...