Windows 10: Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox

Discus and support Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I installed the anniversary update on a machine that had Virtualbox (current version 5.0.26) installed. Shortly after the install had completed, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by NickJP, Aug 5, 2016.

1. NickJP Win User

Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox

I installed the anniversary update on a machine that had Virtualbox (current version 5.0.26) installed. Shortly after the install had completed, the machine lost network connection - networking was still running with no errors indicated but couldn't access Internet or other machines on the same network. Rebooted and the same thing happened - access ok for 20-30 seconds and then no access. Ran ipconfig in a cmd window and found that the ip address needed to access the network was now allocated to the Virtualbox host-only network and what should have been the address for the Virtualbox host-only network was now allocated to the ethernet adapter.

As the simplest solution I uninstalled Virtualbox, rebooted, and reinstalled Virtualbox. No further problem after that. So be warned if you are installing the update on a machine with Vbox installed.

:)

NickJP, Aug 5, 2016

2. My personlized desktop wallpaper deleted by Win 10 upgrade

I've just completed the November Windows 10 upgrade. It has deleted my personalized desktop wallpaper. Of course, I can reconfigure it but it's a serious annoyance that it has done this.

Are Microsoft aware of this cockup?

Blennerhasset, Aug 5, 2016
  3. BMcGinn Win User
    Amazon Device randomly showing up on Network.

Hi have the same issue. It appear randomly. I use virtualbox for development and have found the it mainly show up on the network (wired not wifi) when I am running a virtual machine. It is not appearing on other PC on the same network.

I know virtualbox add additional network drivers and virtual network hardware so I'm think it is related to either the virual image I'm using or my virtualbox setup. Weird though.

BMcGinn, Aug 5, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Hi there

@NickJP

Perhaps the same solution as with VMWARE might work.

In VMware you can enter Network editor (run as administrator) and then reset all virtual adapters to default --that fixes VMWARE networking problems.

I'd lost Bridged networking Virtual NIC -- reset to defaults restored it all OK. You shouldn't have to restore the VM software.

Perhaps there's a similar option in VBOX -- I don't use VBOX so I can't say but on VMWARE it works fine.

Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Aug 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox - Similar Threads - Anniversary update complete

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. anniversary update killed my network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    anniversary update killed my network: I had 4 computers talking to each other and a NAS. Then 14393 happened. I have reconfigured, which is always a total confusion. But I have shared drives and folders on the computerS. I finally have the desktop talking to the laptop, but the laptop doesn't have permission to...
  4. Can't access files on network after installing Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access files on network after installing Anniversary Update: I installed the Anniversary Update on my desktop and laptop computers recently, both running Windows 10 Home. Since then I have been unable to access the Libreoffice files in my desktop computer Documents folder from my laptop as they are said to be locked for editing by an...
  5. Anniversary Update Problem

Anniversary Update Problem: I downloaded and installed the iso referenced in Dona Sarkar's announcement memo Win_10_1607_English_X64.iso dated 8/2/16. My winver shows 1607 build 14393.0. I expected it to be 14393.10. Anyone know what's up? The machine is an original upgrade from Win 8.1. I also have a...
  6. Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.

Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.: Went to the Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) site and after selecting the correct edition I tried to downloaded the ISO to a USB 3 drive (16 GB capacity). Each time I attempted the download, 3 times, it go to 97% and then said the download was interrupted. When I...
  7. Why no anniversary update?

Why no anniversary update?: My desktop computers are running Windows 10 Pro version 1511 OS Build 10586.545 I don't appear to get the anniversay update. Is there a reason for this? (I have a year old laptop with Windows 10 Home and that did get the anniversary update.) 74147
  8. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  9. anniversary update, accept or not

anniversary update, accept or not: I know it will eventually be installed no matter what I do but it appears it is loaded with errors from what I read on this site and others. Can it be delayed at all. Upgraded from 7 to 10 last December. 59811
  10. Anniversary update won't complete...

Anniversary update won't complete...: I have a custom machine running 64-bit Win 10 Pro on an Asus P5Q Pro MB with 8 GB RAM and an Intel Quad processor. Each time I try to apply the anniversary update it goes through all of the downloads and then sometime during the update it quits with... "Something went...