Windows 10: Anniversary update fails

Discus and support Anniversary update fails in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm helping a friend with her Toshiba laptop. It came with Windows 7 and she had updated it to windows 10 but could not update to the anniversary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Curious, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Curious Win User

Anniversary update fails

I'm helping a friend with her Toshiba laptop. It came with Windows 7 and she had updated it to windows 10 but could not update to the anniversary version.

The anniversary update repeatedly failed for me too. So I did a sfc/scannow which found errors and fixed them. I rebooted, turned off the windows firewall, and tried the anniversary update again. This time it started installing, warning me it will restart several times. But after a while it just shutdown and stayed shutdown. So after a long wait I restarted manually. It booted up with a message saying it was restoring the "previous version" which turned out to be windows 10.
    How should I proceed?
    Thanks.

:)

Curious, Oct 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 aniverary update stops at 97% and then fails

Windows 10 anniversary update stops at 97% and then fails to update

BettyRobertson_948, Oct 6, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem

Hi Bhargav,

To assist you with your concern of Windows 10 Anniversary Update Problem, please check out the helpful post of PaulSey... in this link:

Windows 10 anniversary update fails.

Let is know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 6, 2016
  4. Anniversary update fails

Keep using 1511 or clean-install 1607.

Matthew Wai, Oct 6, 2016
  5. Curious Win User
    Thank you. I downloaded the update iso and used update assistant which worked.

Curious, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Anniversary update fails

1. Anniversary update fails - Similar Threads - Anniversary update fails

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. 4th attempt by Anniversary update - fails - something else is updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    4th attempt by Anniversary update - fails - something else is updating: I have been running the version of Win 10 before the Anniversary edition. I did not know when I allowed the download manager to do an update (be nice if they actually identified that as Anniversary edition rather than just some updates) that it was going to the newer version....
  4. Anniversary update failed - After, no updates available?

Anniversary update failed - After, no updates available?: I just updated my 64-bit PC with the anniversary update, as confirmed by the changes to the notification at far right, and all programs showing on the start menu. But then, I tried the update on my 32-bit PC, which I started and let run while away from it. When I came...
  5. Unable to Install Anniversary Update - Keeps failing

Unable to Install Anniversary Update - Keeps failing: I am unable to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, keeps failing after second restart (at around 75%). Machine is a relatively recent custom build, a little over 12 months old: Gigabyte B85M-HD3 (rev 2) mobo, i5-4460 CPU, Geforce GT 740 2GB GPU, 8GB RAM, Samsung 850...
  6. Installed Anniversary Update on SB, Windows Updates are failing

Installed Anniversary Update on SB, Windows Updates are failing: Hello all, I installed the Anniversary Windows 10 update from scratch on my Surface Book. After installing all the Surface Book drivers, I ran Windows Update and it downloaded and wanted to install more device drivers. Most of those drivers failed to install and it...
  7. Anniversary update - 3 times failed - what to do with?

Anniversary update - 3 times failed - what to do with?: Hi! I have currently Windows 10.10586.545 Pro x64. I received not Windows Anniversary Update by Windows Update yet, I downloaded it from Microsoft. First time I tried to update, all was working correctly, but after reboot and before login reports Error occured, not...
  8. Anniversary update fails, leaving system unbootable

Anniversary update fails, leaving system unbootable: Perhaps someone can tell me what went wrong here. I have a bottom-rung Dell Inspiron 330s that I inherited from a family member. It shipped with Win7 Home, and while it was eligible I had updated it to Win10 1511. Very little if anything on it ... pretty much a vanilla...
  9. Anniversary fails on older machine

Anniversary fails on older machine: Twice I have been notified of awaiting update and to restart. The update is the Anniversary version. After over an hour of time, the computer will fail to boot and after fiddling you are notified you must restart to return to the previous version. That restart took me over an...
  10. Anniversary to Creator update fails with 0x80070652?

Anniversary to Creator update fails with 0x80070652?: So, I have a problem on 1 machine. With the upgrade assistant the update stops with error code 0x80070652 Running from usb drive from windows it looks okay and reboots a few times, but at the last step it just shuts off. After restarting theres a quick error I did not...