Windows 10: Anniversary Update for Windows Phone ..... is It?

Discus and support Anniversary Update for Windows Phone ..... is It? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The mobile W10 Anniversary Update downloaded automatically to my Lumia phone. An article in Windows Central says it is very similar to the PC version,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by clayto, Aug 22, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Anniversary Update for Windows Phone ..... is It?

The mobile W10 Anniversary Update downloaded automatically to my Lumia phone. An article in Windows Central says it is very similar to the PC version, not only under the hood but with many of the same new features. Well Icannot see anything different to what was there before. As I had WAU running a few hours on my PC I dabbled with new features, such as the revamped Store, Inking Workspace and apps, Edge extensions (yippee!) and modified Start. For the brief time I had them I thought they were quite good. BUT there is nothing like them on my phone!

What are other folks Experience?

:)

clayto, Aug 22, 2016
  2. Jude-6128 Win User

microsoft Edge

Since my Lumia 640 phone updated with the anniversary update.Microsoft edge has become unusable due to the size of the font and the overlaying of pictures make it unusable. I have had to take my phone back to windows 8. I can't update to windows 10 because
    I cannot control the updates and therefore the anniversary update installs again.

I would like to run windows 10 on my phone which I was very happy with but NOT the anniversary update.

Has this problem been sorted yet

Jude-6128, Aug 22, 2016
  3. Is windows 10 anniversary update available for Windows 10 Enterprise?

Old title: Windows 10 anniversary update

is windows 10 anniversary update available for windows 10 enterprise ?

KoustubhJain, Aug 22, 2016
  4. ARC1020 Win User

Things like the changes in Edge haven't made it to Windows 10 Mobile (yet?). So, you'll notice that Edge Extensions, the ability to clear browsing history on exit, etc. aren't there. The revamped Store should be there though, go to Store > Downloads and Updates > Check For Updates, to make sure the Store apps are fully up-to-date. I'm not sure what changes you were expecting in Start menu?

Here's the Windows Central video of the changes in Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update. The video mentions a Panorama feature in the camera app, but this hasn't been released to everyone yet, only Release Preview Insiders at the moment.

Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update - Official Release Demo - YouTube
    [youtube]I98ENfXJRqA[/youtube]

ARC1020, Aug 22, 2016
  5. clayto Win User
    It has taken me ages to get back here .....links have taken me all over the place, to completely different sites.
    Anyway, yes I found the Windows Central walk through video. It is very good, I will watch it again with care. I am intrigued by how significantly changed features are hidden until you know where to look, I suppose I would have stumbled on them eventually. My phone still looks just the same as before the update. One thing I know has not changed to what is shown in the video is the shortcut button ....... mine is still there, NOT changed to a camera button (pity). I am guessing that there will be some differences between different models? Mine is a very low end 435, but just fine for me ....... I was very pleasantly surprised when I found it could update to w10.

I am struggling to do this on an unfamiliar Android tablet as my PC has just been taken away by my local tech. He says WAU is giving him a lot of work so at least somebody is happy. I will be without it for a couple of days and I fear it will cost me a lot. I don't complain much about MS but having to pay for an update is a bit

clayto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update for Windows Phone ..... is It? - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Phone

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary update: Please bear with me.. I'm on my phone.. the Anniversary update must have taken over my computer. But.. is 5 hours normal? It did restart like it said a couple of times and the last percentage I saw was 59%, then the reboot again. It is "still" working on something. The circle...
  4. Not Getting Windows Anniversary Update.

Not Getting Windows Anniversary Update.: Hi, I recently just upgraded to windows 10 last week and my Windows version is still 1511. My question is, should I wait another month until the windows anniversary update is available for me to download or can I manually download it from Mircrosofts site itself. Thanks in...
  5. Windows 10 anniversary update

Windows 10 anniversary update: Hi all this update is killing me I called MS they downloaded it agene for me .I get freezing and bsod every time I play a game and sometimes at idle I updated, repaired every game I have . I am tempted to buy windows10pro and block updates if I can. sorry for the rant I am...
  6. Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 will not update to anniversary.: So , I got a laptop with Windows 10 about a month ago. I had some problems with blue screen and things which happen sometimes but I am fine with it as it doesn't happen that often. Right now , my PC keeps insisting to update to Windows 10 Anniversary edition and everytime...
  7. Unlock PC with phone using bluetooth after Anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlock PC with phone using bluetooth after Anniversary update: I read that this was possible but I can't figure out how to do it? I'm using an android phone. 59582
  8. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  9. Windows 10 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update: I have read other threads on this subject and have not found the solution to my problem in them. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade Assistant Icon appeared on my desktop. I began the process to update and received the error, SOMETHING WENT WRONG (code 0x80070057). Then...
  10. Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?: I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this. Many are calling this an 'update', whereas a few are mentioning 'upgrade'. My understanding is that as an 'Update', we have no choice but to install it when released. i.e its just a normal Windows update. If it...