Windows 10: Anniversary update has a login flaw.

Discus and support Anniversary update has a login flaw. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Just did the anniversary update for Win 10, and have one problem, so far. I use to be able to either start... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Maddad, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Maddad Win User

Anniversary update has a login flaw.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Just did the anniversary update for Win 10, and have one problem, so far. I use to be able to either start the windows, or wake it up and go right to the program. Now I can start it when off, but when waking it up I had some kind of background screen that I had to click on, then log in the log in screen. I managed with much searching on the internet, to get rid of the odd background screen, but can't get rid of having to click on the log in button. I tried changing the login app's name as suggested, and that didn't work. I can boot up and not have the log on button problem, Have read about a reg edit that might fix it, but haven't tried that yet.

Anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

:)

Maddad, Sep 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 updated [all my external hard disk] is not accessible. the request is not supported

When is Microsoft going to fix this - this is an Anniversary update flaw - not a format issue?

KeithBurbidge, Sep 24, 2016
  3. GraemeBad Win User
    Cannot login after windows 10 upgrade

I too have the same issue - something with the anniversary update I believe. After it was automatically applied I cannot login.

I've read through the above comments and tried the above solution and nothing works at all. I cannot login to the PC which is a relatively new HP all-in-one. How can software be released with such fundamental flaws???

If anyone from MS is reading this forum can you advise how to fix the issue.

GraemeBad, Sep 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, check your setting here:

Anniversary update has a login flaw. [​IMG]

Winaero's tweaker offers a convenient way to disable a lock screen.

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Annoyingly, this option does not show if you have a local account and do not have a password. You have to stupidly set a password to remove the need for a password on wake up, then remove password again. How dumb is that???

cereberus, Sep 24, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    @Cerberus
    My normal account is a live id, admin. For test purposes I have a standard user with a local account too, with a password.

I don't see a login prompt after sleep in either.

This is what I see in Settings in my local account (which does have a password)

Anniversary update has a login flaw. [​IMG]

I would have expected that if the account does NOT have a password, you wouldn't be prompted for one when resuming... and the option isn't shown 'cos it isn't relevant in that context.

Or are you saying that even if the account is not password protected, it's still possible to be prompted for one on resuming from sleep??

So I'm unsure of the point you're making..

dalchina, Sep 24, 2016
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Maddad, *Smile

This would be the lock screen that you are seeing and having to click on before seeing your sign-in screen. The tutorial below can help show you how to disable the lock screen.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary update has a login flaw. - Similar Threads - Anniversary update has

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Anniversary Update - default browser opens on login

in Browsers and Email
    Anniversary Update - default browser opens on login: We recently updated two machines to the Anniversary Update (via the Media Creation Tool method). Since the update, when you log in, the default browser is automatically opened at MSN.com. Neither browser has msn.com as their default page, and if you launch the browser from...
  4. Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot login to win 10 anniversary update: Of course after I set everything to not need password login my PC and MS reset everything back to login with password or PIN. Sure these are all saved, on drives etc. only accessible from the PC environment. There is a lot of bad information on how to successfully recover...
  5. Anniversary update gives haphazard login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary update gives haphazard login: Just received the update from 1511 to 1607 and during the login proceedure,the password is sometimes accepted,sometimes rejected,with no logical reason.The only fix so far is to restart.Has anyone else found this to happen and if so,is there a solution? 65626
  6. Updating with Anniversary Update has resulted in solid blue screen

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating with Anniversary Update has resulted in solid blue screen: This is happening on my PC that meets or exceeds all minimum requirements for installing Windows 10. All three of the household laptops updated with no problems (I'm using one now). I was very happy with Windows 10. Cannot use any controls like Ctrl + Alt + Delete. No...
  7. Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen Error after Anniversary Update: SO everything was running fine before I installed the anniversary update. After the update, the login screen (the screen in which I put my password) takes literally hours to load up. Instead, I just see spinning circles. [img] So, what I do is force shut down my PC...
  8. Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update has caused problems on my laptop: [img] Hi I have now got the Anniversary update on my laptop and not everything is the same .My sticky notes have vanished , I can't open windows store , other apps don't open , I am also getting a box saying , you need to get an app from the store to open this , click ok and...
  9. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  10. Anniversary update has defaulted to COA screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update has defaulted to COA screen?: I have a laptop that came with windows 8.1 and the COA was embedded (so I have never seen it). I upgraded to the free win 10 that was available prior to July 29th cutoff. All was fine, a little buggy at times but upgraded and activated. So the anniversary update happened one...