Windows 10: Anniversary Update issues with small devices

Discus and support Anniversary Update issues with small devices in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Small devices (ie.with SSDs around 30 GB) should be able to get the Anniversary update if the right procedures are followed. However, I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by clayto, Aug 10, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Anniversary Update issues with small devices

Small devices (ie.with SSDs around 30 GB) should be able to get the Anniversary update if the right procedures are followed. However, I have been trying for many hours over the past week, mainly with the help of several Microsoft Support technicians. I terminated the last Chat session when the tech tried to charge me nearly a hundred GB pounds for a fresh re-install and update. The technician claimed this charge had been made widely known. Has it? I have been using W 10 for a year, and have done my own fresh re-install in the past with the help of an external USB drive.

This time the MediaCreationTool will not proceed, reporting that I need 8GB free --- I only have 5 GB free on C, plus a 30 GB Flash Drive purchased on the advice of a previous technician, ready to become a bootable device.

Help would be much appreciated.

:)

clayto, Aug 10, 2016

2. Plugging in Kindle is crashing windows 10 after summer update

“We are aware of an issue with a small number of Kindle Voyager and Paperwhite e-Readers causing an unexpected behavior when plugged into Windows 10 devices after installing the Anniversary Update. We are currently working on an update to address
    this issue.”

<Update 9/13/16>

After the launch of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Microsoft received reports that a blue screen error may occur when connecting one of a small number of specific Amazon Kindle devices:

Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

What failed: partmgr.sys

The Windows Update released on September 13th for Windows 10 addresses this issue.
    If you were receiving a blue screen error when connecting a Kindle device, please install the latest Windows Updates.

PaulSey..., Aug 10, 2016
  3. windows 10 crash with kindle for PC

Hi,

“We are aware of an issue with a small number of Kindle Voyager and Paperwhite e-Readers causing an unexpected behavior when plugged into Windows 10 devices after installing the Anniversary Update. We are currently working on an update to address this issue.”

<Update 9/13/16>

After the launch of the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, Microsoft received reports that a blue screen error may occur when connecting one of a small number of specific Amazon Kindle devices:

Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

What failed: partmgr.sys

The Windows Update released on September 13th for Windows 10 addresses this issue. If you were receiving a blue screen error when connecting a Kindle device, please install the latest Windows Updates.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, Aug 10, 2016
  4. flhthemi Win User

I JUST went through this yesterday with a brand new Zotac Zbox BI323 and a 32GB mSATA card. Zotac had pre-installed Win 10 so it booted up fine and I set it up. Then the Anniversary update arrived and it all went down hill from there. I needed an additional 10GB to install it. I was offered a screen from Windows to either use Disk clean to get the space back (BTW No this isn't doable as there just aren't enough removable files that are big enough to get that space back) or to use an internal drive or a thumb drive with enough space. So I have a 1TB drive in the Zbox and I selected that but never ever got prompted to continue!

In the end, I had to download the installation tool, get Windows 10 Installation files on the 32gb thumb drive, boot the Zotac from the thum drive and do a Custom Install. Who knows what will happen at the next update or if my buddy decides to try to install some programs and ends up putting them on C:?? So I'm calling Zotac A. To complain that they should NOT be selling boxes with 32GB SSD's at all and B. To find out if I can swap out the SSD (without voiding the warranty) for a bigger one that I am willing to buy.

So .... if windows worked I would have been home free or if I had known 64GB SSD was needed for future version of Windows...you live and you learn!

flhthemi, Aug 10, 2016
  5. clayto Win User
    Looking back I think there may have been a misunderstanding in my Chat with MS Support. When the tech asked me for my Product Key I replied I could not find it (it is not in Settings or Control Panel or Administrative Tools, so where? I think now this may have been taken to mean I did not have one. After the Chat I found the Key with the help of Speccy and with Belarc Advisor. So I may try again tomorrow.

clayto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update issues with small devices - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update issues

2. Anniversary Issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary Issue: I keep reading about the anniversary Issue. What is it and do I want it? 64153
  3. Anniversary Update and touchpad issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Anniversary Update and touchpad issues: Soon after the windows 10 anniversary update was available I installed it on a Dell D 630. Right away I had issues with the touchpad. Text would be highlighted that I did not select by merely passing the mouse pointer over it. Pages would change without my commands. So I...
  4. windows 10 anniversary update issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 anniversary update issues: Hello I would like all of you people to post here any issues you encountered during or after installation of the Windows 10 anniversary update. Maybe we can use this as an index of issues to expect... 81448
  5. Small Wrinkle in Anniversary Update....MBR Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Small Wrinkle in Anniversary Update....MBR Disk: Just tried to get the Anni. Update on my new PC and to my surprise I was told my Partition is not suitable for a UEFI Firmware. ( so I think it wants a GPT Disk ) Windows can’t be installed because this PC has an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. It didn't...
  6. Update (Anniversary?) can't reboot; device missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Update (Anniversary?) can't reboot; device missing: Windows 10 x64 build 10240 on an old HP Envy desktop. Every morning when I look at the computer it has a cyan screen saying: Code: Recovery There was a problem with a device connected to your PC An unexpected I/O error has occurred Error code 0x000000e9[/quote] If I turn...
  7. Installing Anniversary Update successfully on small devices

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Anniversary Update successfully on small devices: I successfully installed WAU on my 32 GB (really less than 30 GB) 2-in-1 over two weeks ago, after two MS techicians using remote access, had not. It worked well for about five hours, then as my my local technician explains, for completely unconnected reasons the SSD failed...
  8. Anniversary Update - high DPI issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update - high DPI issues: Anyone has come across this and found a solution? Yesterday I updated my OS to the latest build (1607) and since then I've been experiencing strange problems with fonts display. I use 4K monitor and after the upgrade different UI parts are now not scaled to high DPI at all....
  9. Strange issues after Anniversary Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange issues after Anniversary Update.: Greetings! My Anniversary Update went fine without any hitches...or so I thought. After the update I noticed some weird stuff happenning. - Dialog boxes/windows would only show and outline...then after a while I'd see the text or icons in the window. - Text editing in...
  10. Anniversary Update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update issues: I updated to the Anni version today and I am not 100% impressed with it. Firstly, I couldn't access the menu using left click but using the right click was ok, Secondly, I find that I am unable to open a .pdf in Adobe reader DC for some strange reason? I tried downloading...