Windows 10: anniversary update killed my network

Discus and support anniversary update killed my network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had 4 computers talking to each other and a NAS. Then 14393 happened. I have reconfigured, which is always a total confusion. But I have shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ruggb, Oct 7, 2016.

1. ruggb Win User

anniversary update killed my network

I had 4 computers talking to each other and a NAS. Then 14393 happened.
    I have reconfigured, which is always a total confusion. But I have shared drives and folders on the computerS. I finally have the desktop talking to the laptop, but the laptop doesn't have permission to access the desktop. It sees all the shares when I open the desktop from the laptop, but clicking on any share gives the same no access message.
    All shares have Everyone with full access. I did NETPLWIZ and unselected the pw requirement - but it is not asking for a PW, it just says I don't have get access.
    What did I miss?

:)

ruggb, Oct 7, 2016

2. The Anniversary update is so called because it will take a year to finish

I guess the 'Anniversary' update will finish next year.

Thanks MS for

1) Forcing updates on us poor users and

2) Killing us with this 'anniversary' update

Hemant Rangan, Oct 7, 2016
  3. J W Stuart, Oct 7, 2016
Thema:

anniversary update killed my network

1. anniversary update killed my network - Similar Threads - anniversary update killed

2. Updates are killing my productivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Updates are killing my productivity: I work from home. Zoom calls and software development over internet connections.My internet speed is the fastest that I can get at my location, and that is 1.5 Mbps download and 0.2 Mbps upload. If I could get faster internet here, I would. Fiber is not in my area. I am in...
  3. Update killed my Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update killed my Bluetooth: I dont have Bluetooth anymore. I cant see it on tray and settings. The Windows got updated and I dont want to uninstall it. I want to be able to connect using Bluetooth. I need help since I cant do anything in this PC without connecting to Bluetooth....
  4. Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network

Windows 10 update has killed my Mac Network: Hi, Last night my windows machine did the most recent windows update and now I can no longer connect to my desktop from my macbook. I use my macbook for work so transferring files is essential. What's weird is that I can connect to my macbook from my desktop so I assume...
  5. Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox: I installed the anniversary update on a machine that had Virtualbox (current version 5.0.26) installed. Shortly after the install had completed, the machine lost network connection - networking was still running with no errors indicated but couldn't access Internet or other...
  6. Default HELP - Anniversary Update killing sound on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Default HELP - Anniversary Update killing sound on Surface Pro 4: Hi guys, I am really really tired of my Pro 4 already. When I got the machine, it was wonders. The moment the Anniversary Update hit it, the sound is gone. Every time I have to go to Device Manager, UNINSTALL the Realtek Audio driver. I have tested the Pro 4 without...
  7. Additional post-Anniversary update kills Sticky Notes app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Additional post-Anniversary update kills Sticky Notes app: Just confirmed this behavior on a number of Windows 10 Pro x64 machines. Immediately after installation of Anniversary Update the Sticky Notes app works as intended. However, later the Store app will show that there's an update for Sticky Notes app. Downloading and...
  8. Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections

Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections: Hello, I "upgraded" to Win10 using the Free Upgrade option on 8/8/15. Immediately after starting Win10 I lost my connection to my LAN (TP-Link router) and my Bluetooth USB stick stopped working. I get a unidentified network message that says I have a bad IP address...
  9. Anniversary update killed my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary update killed my laptop: Hi guys Comin over from seven forums *Smile After a recent update, i shut down my notebook. Next time I turned it on it got suck right after POST, so all I see is a blank screen. This happens before windows even begins to load, it's basically a DOS style blank screen...
  10. Clean Anniversary Install on C: Killed Second HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Anniversary Install on C: Killed Second HDD: This was really crazy. I have a hdd where I keep all my keep many things. So after the clean install, I go to my D: drive and it was wiped clean and wants to be formatted as UDF 201 First time I heard anything about this file system. Comments ? 62632