Windows 10: anniversary update nightmare

Discus and support anniversary update nightmare in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; hi after installing anniversary update on desktop, had many errors and warnings in event viewer and a hanging blue screen at start up. i do not want it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pothound, Aug 5, 2016.

1. pothound Win User

anniversary update nightmare

hi after installing anniversary update on desktop, had many errors and warnings in event viewer and a hanging blue screen at start up. i do not want it to auto install on my laptop. i would like to wait a while. what settings to change in the update section? thank you

:)

pothound, Aug 5, 2016

2. anniversary update for windows 10

does anyone like the new anniversary update for windows 10..heard it's a nightmare

MarianneCantwell, Aug 5, 2016
  3. anniversary update

does anyone like the new anniversary update for windows 10?? i heard it is a nightmare...

MarianneCantwell, Aug 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  5. pothound Win User
    pothound, Aug 5, 2016
  6. DaveI Win User
    AU is a complete disaster...Tried it on 3 systems...1 Tablet could not install...1 PC was working but crashed on shutdown and none of the tricks about turning off fast startup/shutdown, etc. would work...Lastly I thought I had it running very well on a 6 month old Windows 10 Tablet...Until I created another Admin account then logged into that account and tried to access settings, Apps, etc. Could not open anything..AU has the same no program associated problem that the original Win10 version had that had been corrected with a cumulative update...Well it's back with AU...If you think you have a perfect working Windows 10 AU system...Make a new account ...Then log in to it and see if you can access any settings or apps....Wasted a couple of days on this mess...I have nine systems and all have been returned
    to Win10 10586.494 which is stable and works...AU is a piece of SHITE!!!

DaveI, Aug 6, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, sorry your experience is so poor.

Suggest:
    -you verify the integrity of systems you intend to upgrade first (sfc /scannow from an elevated prompt)
    -make sure they are up to date
    -turn off/uninstall any AV
    -create a disk image backup before attempting to upgrade
    -disconnect any unnecessary peripheral equipment
    -ensure you have enough space on your target disk
    -download the iso and create a suitable medium or mount the iso and use that to save issues with downloading and repeating downloads
    -try from a clean boot to avoid conflicting programs
    -uninstall any program modifying the GUI

dalchina, Aug 6, 2016
  8. DaveI Win User

**Yeah...why don't I just wipe all my nine computers and just reinstall everything....I'm sure that's best...

**I'll deal with this POS in time...Hopefully they'll solve the many problems...

DaveI, Aug 6, 2016
  9. bbinnard Win User
    bbinnard, Aug 7, 2016
  10. roblinb Win User
    What errors did you show in event viewer? It's hard to diagnose anything without specifics. What hanging blue screen are you talking about, at startup? Unless it's a BSOD stop error or something, I'm guessing that it's just the waiting on updates to complete screen.

You can't change much in the way of update settings unless you have the Pro or greater version(s). Do you?

roblinb, Aug 7, 2016
  11. pothound Win User
    hi i called microsoft. most of the errors were from a from a corrupted file, which she fixed. i cleared the logs, but identification errors seem to be the problem. as i start the computer the blue screen would just sit there with white dots swirling. i called microsoft again, they had me unplug, plug back in start 6 times. it fixed that problem. mouse driver was suspect. thank you

pothound, Aug 8, 2016
  12. roblinb Win User
    What kind of mouse were you using, pothound? I have not yet had any driver issues with Windows 10 (knock on wood) but my first feeling when you described your issue, is that you were having one.

Great news you got it figured out. I've called MS a few times about various issues at work in the past, and my experience with them has been positive. They're helpful.

roblinb, Aug 8, 2016
  13. pothound Win User

hi it is a logitec m510 wireless. it was fine on the windows 10, until i installed anniversary update. thank you

pothound, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. anniversary update nightmare - Similar Threads - anniversary update nightmare

2. Windows Update Nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Nightmare: I am still having multiple, seemingly random problems since the last update. Though I have doing the updates intended to patch my Windows 10 many of the same errors, and being thrown that I have not seen to date. What's happening: Frankly the OS seems to be unstable, not...
  3. Windows Update Nightmare

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Nightmare: I am still having multiple, seemingly random problems since the last update. Though I have doing the updates intended to patch my Windows 10 many of the same errors, and being thrown that I have not seen to date. What's happening: Frankly the OS seems to be unstable, not...
  4. Windows Update Nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows updates are a nightmare!

Windows updates are a nightmare!: I am soooo frustrated with microsoft. The last update don’t recall date or update info took almost 24 hours to complete and it wasn’t until recently I discovered why I lost my Start Menu..,while working to rectify that problem Christmas Eve I had to step away from computer...
  6. Windows update nightmare

Windows update nightmare: Yesterday I went to my desktop. it said updating. I go back later and i see a black screen with boot error. After hours of trying to get started, I make a usb boot drive. Restore, uninstall updates, restore point, none of these are working. I log into notepad to see my...
  7. Anniversary Update?

Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  8. 1903 Update a nightmare

1903 Update a nightmare: I have spoken and given access to 2 of your tech guys, my case no: 1481650783 and neither Kevin nor Von A could fix my problem but Kevin managed to change my whole screen font to one that is hardly readable. I am livid, you guys are absolutely no help at all and you still...
  9. Update nightmares

Update nightmares: I have recently had a nightmare with my PC. A Win10 update in late December trashed the BIOS of my mo-bo and the critical boot and other sectors of the primary drive "0" aka C:. A re-flash restored the BIOS but the USB3 ports went AWOL. I took the C: drive out, attached it...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary CLEAN install: a nightmare!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Anniversary CLEAN install: a nightmare!: I'll try to keep it short. I did a clean install of Windows 10 anniversary on a new SSD 240 GB and all the drive detached. I did it 3 time and now it's 10 days I'm working on it to have an working OS. The actual problems are: 1) keep freezing both file explorer and Chrome...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. anniversary nightmare positive