Windows 10: anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer

Discus and support anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Since the anniversary update, I have no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer... Also the pinned icons no longer appear as a single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by reddwarf4ever, Aug 21, 2016.

1. anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer

Since the anniversary update, I have no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer...

Also the pinned icons no longer appear as a single column, now shows as three columns

I know I can click on the top icon with the 3 bars to display the text, but would like it always displayed

Thanks

:)

reddwarf4ever, Aug 21, 2016

2. Start menu changed to icons from text

With the anniversary update, the start menu changed from text entries for file, settings, etc. It now has a list of icons. Can I change it back to text, the way it looks after I click on Start, at the top of the start menu.

billybob1029, Aug 21, 2016
  3. win 10 anniversary start window apps problem

After updating the win 10 anniversary version, all seems well except the 'Apps' do not appear on the left,

only the 'Power', 'Settings' and 'File Explorer' icons with the previous Win 10 'Apps' icon showing at the top left,

which as before needs to be clicked

How to restore to the true anniversary 'Start' menu? 'elp pleez!

RobertQuintrell, Aug 21, 2016
  4. scriptrix Win User

anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer

The no labels for start menu icons on the left is driving me nuts. Microsoft didn't tell me I needed to study their hieroglyphs all this while. Worse than just being icons, they are all white. Yeah, I could train myself to learn, but I shouldn't have to.

Where's my customization component.....

*Mad

scriptrix, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer

1. anniversary update no text labels start menu icons e.g. file explorer - Similar Threads - anniversary update text

2. icons only in start menu and no labels

in Windows 10 Customization
    icons only in start menu and no labels: How do I restore the text labels to the icons in the start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-only-in-start-menu-and-no-labels/76a9a283-7215-4c51-bfb3-bf469fc88410
  3. This PC icon label incorrect on start menu

This PC icon label incorrect on start menu: Hello everyone, Windows 10 Pro has just performed a 'feature update' to version 1809. I have managed to sort through most of the problems over the past 3 hours but I'm stuck on one where the This PC icon on the start menu has changed to computer (1). Only the icon shows the...
  4. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  5. Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label

Start Menu tiles, center app/icon text/label: Does anyone know how to get the text in the tiles to center, like the icons? [img] 115908
  6. Needed file explorer icon from menu start

Needed file explorer icon from menu start: Hi there! I need file explorer icon witch appears on menu start. Where I can find this icon on system files, or maybe anyone have image file of this. Thanks for help. *Smile [img] [img] 78195
  7. File Explorer slow and Start menu icons not highlighting after update

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow and Start menu icons not highlighting after update: Since the big update on Sunday (for me anyway), whenever I use File Explorer, it takes ages to do anything. I can double-click a folder, and it will take about 5 seconds to open it. Even when it opens it, I often get "Working on it" for a few seconds before the files show....
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary update icon text not centered.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary update icon text not centered.: Windows 10 Anniversary update icon text not centered. Before update it was centered. Is this new default behavior? Can I change it. Before. [img] After update [img] 59269
  9. Start menu after the anniversary update

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu after the anniversary update: Hello As mentioned I updated my windows 10 yesterday, it took a while but finally it went all good. However some things are bugging me crazy after the process. The menu start before the update used to show only the tiles, now after the new version being brought the...
  10. Start menu with full labels

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu with full labels: Hello guys, How do I re-enable the labels in Start Menu? I want to be easier for me to acces the 'Power' Button, but with the new interface, it is annyoing (not to talk about that cascade of shortcuts I do not need :|) I need it to be so by default, I do not want...