Windows 10: Anniversary update on Asus T100 not enough space

Discus and support Anniversary update on Asus T100 not enough space in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Anyone know how to solve the problem of "not enough hard disk space" when trying to put the Anniversary update on an Asus T100. I have a 64Gb sdcard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MobyUK, Aug 12, 2016.

1. MobyUK Win User

Anniversary update on Asus T100 not enough space

Anyone know how to solve the problem of "not enough hard disk space" when trying to put the Anniversary update on an Asus T100.
    I have a 64Gb sdcard in as well but I assume the update must be ignoring that.
    Tried clearing out as much as I could from the main ssd but still no joy.

Cheers
    Moby

:)

MobyUK, Aug 12, 2016

2. Not enough disk space but i have 16.5 G

ASUS transformer T100. Upgrading from 8.1 to 10. Error code 0x80070070. Says not enough disk space after it gives me the green check marks saying I have enough disk space, memory and CPU. I have over 16 Gigs. I just reloaded this comp back to factory settings
    so I'm bound to get this f***er on to the next step.

AdamYeager, Aug 12, 2016
  3. updating on asus transformer book t100

I have no free space on windows drive, I have asus transformer book (asus t100) with 32 gb of storage, the installer requires 16gb of free space, my asus T100 also have a 32gb sd card (external) and a 500gb hard drive on the dock (keyboard). Can I use it
    somehow to upgrade to last version of windows 10?

I am using windows 10 version 10240.

BelyRodriguez Morales, Aug 12, 2016
  4. strollin Win User

Does the Asus T100 have a recovery partition? On devices with small ssds like yours, it's possible to move the recovery partition to an external drive, then reclaim the disk space used by the recovery partition. You can also make a system image to an external drive using software like Macrium Reflect and then the recovery partition isn't needed at all.

How much space does the installer say you need to free up?

strollin, Aug 12, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    That Asus T100 is a Tablet and most have a slot for the MicroSDHC card which gives a second drive for additional storage. Some things could be moved onto it, I have a 32GB on a Win10 8" Tablet and 16GB on an Android 7".

Berton, Aug 12, 2016
  6. MobyUK Win User
    There is no recovery partition and I have a 64Gb sdcard in it as well.

MobyUK, Aug 12, 2016
  7. MobyUK Win User
    Actually, I may be ok. I've just run "Disk cleanup" for the second time, rebooted and it seems to be doing the job now.
    Not sure why but fingers crossed.

MobyUK, Aug 12, 2016
  8. MobyUK Win User

It didn't work.
    I bit the bullet and reset Windows. Then the anniversary update installed ok. What a phaff!!
    Thanks for all your comments.

Cheers
    Moby

MobyUK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary update on Asus T100 not enough space - Similar Threads - Anniversary update Asus

2. Update - Not enough space

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update - Not enough space: trying to install updates. Get message "Not enough space" need 1.6 GB. Added external drive to create space 11.4 GB. Stilltries to "make space" does not recognize available space on external drive....
  3. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  4. Asus t100

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Asus t100: I have an Asus t100ta with a detachable keyboard with a 500gb drive. I an looking into buying a t100ha and wondering if it will work with my current keyboard. all that memory is hard to give up....
  5. UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE

UPDATING AND NOT ENOUGH SPACE: Good Morning and Happy Holidays Everyone I am trying to update my Lpetop unfortunaly I need to free up space on my C: Drive, But I don't know how to do this, I have on my storage usage System and Reserve 11.5 GB Apps and Games 1.7 GB Other 14.4I...
  6. Asus t100 upgrade to windows 10

Asus t100 upgrade to windows 10: Once I was invited to up grade from windows 8 to 10 on my Asus t100, but when I tried to do it I didn't upgrade because the memory on fixed disk was not enough. Then I abandoned to upgrade but now a lot of the app doesn't work. What I have to do now? Can I update to windows...
  7. not enough space to update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not enough space to update: I have removed all files on to a thumb drive and I still do not have enough space to perform an update on my surface. I have deleted every program that is not required. How can perform the update?...
  8. Windows anniversary update: Not enough memory

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows anniversary update: Not enough memory: ALrighty then...... I see a LOT of windows anniversary threads, sorry for not reading all 6 million of them to see if my problem was addressed. By the titles I saw it wasn't. Anyway, I've gone through this whole download install thing about 5 times now. EACH time at the...
  9. Not enough space for anniversary update (1607)

Not enough space for anniversary update (1607): Hello, I am the owner of a small laptop, an Acer Switch 10, which only have 32GB of SSD memory inside. I also have a microSD *always* in of 128GB, and a normal 500GB HDD on the keyboard, if plugged, of course. The internal memory has 6GB free right now, and I can't free...
  10. Windows 10 on ASUS T100

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 on ASUS T100: Just installed W10 on this little convertible netbook as an upgrade. All went very well. Requires the 32-bit version as that is all this box can support. For info, this has 2Gb RAM and 64Gb SSD. Not the fastest box in the world, but it does run very well. W10 so far...