Windows 10: Anniversary update, remove Edge from taskbar

Discus and support Anniversary update, remove Edge from taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Does anybody know how to get rid of the Edge shortcut that has been placed on the task bar? I don't want that thing there but unfortunately it cannot... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by altae, Aug 2, 2016.

1. altae Win User

Anniversary update, remove Edge from taskbar

Does anybody know how to get rid of the Edge shortcut that has been placed on the task bar? I don't want that thing there but unfortunately it cannot be "unpinned".

:)

altae, Aug 2, 2016
  2. Thairon Win User

Microsoft Edge

After installation of Win10 Anniversary edition, Edge icon disappeared from taskbar, does not show up in Apps.

The Browser is still working but I would like to have the Icon on the Taskbar as it was before the update.

Any suggestions? Anyone else with same problem?

Thairon, Aug 2, 2016
  3. Windows Phone App for Desktop error 83000009 when syncing music from itunes libriary to Win10 phone

None of these solutions are working. Not only that, but with the Anniversary update the phone cannot be safely removed from the PC via the taskbar safe removal button. I have to turn it off, unplug the USB cable, then turn it back on.

mmpexchange, Aug 2, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

You must have another issue, I can unpin anything, first check that your taskbar isn't locked. Right click on it ...

RWOne, Aug 2, 2016
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    I can unpin anything except Start, Cortana, and Task View...Taskbar locked or Unlocked. Try the method in Shawn's tutorial here:
    Taskbar Pinned Apps - Reset and Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

f14tomcat, Aug 2, 2016
  6. altae Win User
    Nevermind, I found a way (through "unpin from task bar" in Classic Shell).

altae, Aug 2, 2016
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Good! Still might want to check out that tutorial, you may have other issues. Classic Shell has a new version with Anniversary Update enhancements... version 4.3.0 Get it if you don't already have it...

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

f14tomcat, Aug 2, 2016
  8. altae Win User

Thanks, I've already updated.

altae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary update, remove Edge from taskbar - Similar Threads - Anniversary update remove

2. How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?: Hello,We have created a Sysprep image, but after Sysprep, we saw "Edge" both on Desktop and Taskbar, and beside this "Chat" button in Taskbar. However they were not in Audit Mode. How can I remove them for all users? Thanks....
  3. How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove MS Edge and Chat Button from Desktop and Taskbar?: Hello,We have created a Sysprep image, but after Sysprep, we saw "Edge" both on Desktop and Taskbar, and beside this "Chat" button in Taskbar. However they were not in Audit Mode. How can I remove them for all users? Thanks....
  4. Need to remove weather from the bottom taskbar in Edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to remove weather from the bottom taskbar in Edge.: Hello,I need to remove the weather icon from the bottom taskbar in Edge, but don’t know how to remove the weather icon from Edge.Any help would be appreciated ThanksMatthew...
  5. remove MS edge from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove MS edge from taskbar: i have read articles on how to do this but Edge is not even listed under notifications as something i can turn off. I went to Settings and Personalization and it is not there. I removed it once before but don't remember how. i don't want to remove it from Start list just from...
  6. How to remove Edge and Store from being added to taskbar at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Edge and Store from being added to taskbar at startup: I'd like to not have Edge and Store automatically be added to taskbar at each startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-edge-and-store-from-being-added-to/b9be6b42-0bf9-459a-8867-9d1676e6df07
  7. Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Anniversary edition removed Edge favorites: The "anniversary edition" failed to import the Edge favorites from the previous edition. I have full backups, so restoring files/folders is an option. However, simply putting back the old Edge app storage location...
  8. Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update: I've upgraded to the Anniversary version 1607 Build 14393.51 and nothing will shut Edge down other than stopping the task in Task Manager. Has anyone else come across this? I can at least minimise it. 60043
  9. Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove white border around taskbar active item (Anniversary Update)?: Well I like the new agenda available at my clock, but is there a way to remove the unsightly white border around the date? I know it goes away when I click on a blank space, but it comes back again everytime I click on the clock in the taskbar. [img] 58880
  10. (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    (win10, anniversary update) taskbar freezes: sometimes the task bar freezes. i cannot open or close any program using the task bar icons. i cannot access the task manager by right-clicking on the task bar. open programs continue to run all right. i uninstalled the last two programs that i installed before the problem....