Windows 10: Anniversary Update Restoring back to Last version.

Discus and support Anniversary Update Restoring back to Last version. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Has anyone here had the problem with windows 10 anniversary edition restoring back to the last version? My machine took a half hour downloading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hamltnblue, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Anniversary Update Restoring back to Last version.

Hello
    Has anyone here had the problem with windows 10 anniversary edition restoring back to the last version?
    My machine took a half hour downloading and installing. All looked fine but just when I thought it was done I got the message "Restoring to previous version"
    After a while longer it had trouble booting that was only corrected by cycling power and booting a couple of more times.
    In the end I'm back where I started.
    This has been reported on a few other sites as well.

:)

Hamltnblue, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Print Screen scales image to a lower resolution since installing Creators Edition

Hi Larry,

It is possible that the print screen feature has been changed since the last update. To properly troubleshoot this issue, we recommend rolling back to the previous Windows version. Kindly refer to the article below:

How to recover / restore your previous version of Windows using the
    Rollback feature in the Anniversary Edition and Creators Update

Feel free to post back for the results.

Romel Ram, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Tablet mode not available and sounds settings not kept since Anniversary update 1607

Thank you for the feedback, Henk. Since the issue started after the Anniversary update, we can roll it back to the previous version to remove the corrupted updated. From there, you have an option to either stay on that version or try to update it back to
    the Anniversary update.

You can refer to this
    article
    on how to perform a restore from a system restore point.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Aug 10, 2016
  4. bbinnard Win User

Anniversary Update Restoring back to Last version.

Welcome to the club. It's not at all clear what to do about this.

bbinnard, Aug 10, 2016
  5. torre Win User
    torre, Aug 11, 2016
  6. bbinnard Win User
    Sorry, I am not going to reinstall all my software again. I did that once when I upgraded from Win7 ==> Win10. I'd rather stick with my current build which is working fine.

Requiring a clean install is not a reasonable requirement anyway.

bbinnard, Aug 11, 2016
  7. torre Win User
    Can't argue that point. I had issues with a clean install on a separate partition and went back to 1511.

Did you upgrade thru the normal Windows Update or download early from the Microsoft site ? If thru normal Windows Update, you may want to try again using the second link above which also has an upgrade option. May or may not make a difference.

torre, Aug 11, 2016
  8. bbinnard Win User

My system has not yet received the Anniversary Update, so I have tried installing the download version several times. When all these failed I went to the Win10 Iso installer.

bbinnard, Aug 11, 2016
  9. PhabGuy Win User
    I'm having a similar problem on a Surface Pro 3 (by *Microsoft*!). At first I was updating via Windows Update. Then I got the Media Creation Tool and run it. It also resulted in reverting to 1511, but at least gave me a reason code:

We couldn't installWindows 10
    We've set your PCback to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10.
    0x80070002 - 0x20007
    The installationfailed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation

I will try the ISO method now, although I am not hopeful as it fails rather late in the process. I vague recall reading something about there being a limit on the amount of time that is allowed for a driver to install and the Realtek HD audio drivers on the Surface Pro 3 exceed that time. I have no idea how to determine if that's the case and what to do to fix it.

FWIW, I used the MCT method to update my desktop PC just fine.

PhabGuy, Aug 11, 2016
  10. torre Win User
    I just remembered I had the same issue (return to previous version) when updating from Win 8 to 8.1. What solved the issue for my system was clearing the Windows Store Cache and running sfc/scannow. You may want to try if you haven't before. As weird as that sounds it was the fix at the time.

How to Reset or Clear Windows Store Cache in Windows 10

I reinstalled 1607 tonight on a separate partition. So far it seems to be good.

torre, Aug 11, 2016
  11. Mine was doing the auto update the first time.
    I ran the update a second time with the same results.
    Guess I'll wait until they fix it and hope they don't push it for another auto update.

Hamltnblue, Aug 11, 2016
  12. PhabGuy Win User
    Greetings! I cleared the Windows Store Cache and ran sfc/scannow (it did find uncorrectable errors). I then ran the update from USB media. I'm still getting the same errors: 0x80070002 - 0x20007, in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during INSTALL_DRIVERS operation.

Does anyone have further thoughts on how to get past driver installation errors during the update?

Thanks.

PhabGuy, Aug 11, 2016
  13. torre Win User

torre, Aug 12, 2016
  14. PhabGuy Win User
    BINGO! That fixed it! Thanks for sharing that link torre.

With the "Microsoft" Windows 10 version 1607 upgrade finished on my "Microsoft" Surface Pro 3, I can now deal with the next issue, namely now need to do online repair of "Microsoft" Office 365. Sigh, at least this last one is easy and generally works.

Cheers!

PhabGuy, Aug 12, 2016
  15. bbinnard Win User
    Wow! I just ran rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN from an Admin command prompt and I got back 2.7 GB of space on my boot disk. So it sure must have cleaned up a lot of....stuff. Maybe that is enough to allow the upgrade to work properly. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I try again.

bbinnard, Aug 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update Restoring back to Last version. - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update Restoring

2. Go Back to File Explorer Last Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go Back to File Explorer Last Version: Hai Guys,the new update in windows 11 patch november 2023, created new file explorer viewif i need old view file explorer before last update november 2023, without deleting the latest updates. have information ? because my team not like with the new file explorer viewfor your...
  3. Go Back to File Explorer Last Version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go Back to File Explorer Last Version: Hai Guys,the new update in windows 11 patch november 2023, created new file explorer viewif i need old view file explorer before last update november 2023, without deleting the latest updates. have information ? because my team not like with the new file explorer viewfor your...
  4. How to restore sound after last update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to restore sound after last update?: how do I restore sound on my pc after upda te? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-sound-after-last-update/3fc161f4-2760-442f-90d7-bf5e1415a756
  5. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  6. Windows anniversary version

Windows anniversary version: I have install windows 10 pro 1607 version for my pc. After install installation graphic card drivers not detect in computer manager and when i manually install graphics drivers then it will have error as follow , “this drivers not compatible with current windows version”. I...
  7. Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated Version 1511 to anniversary update, 1607, but still at 1511: Hello all. Running windows 10 pro 64 bit. I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607. Or at least, I thought I did. The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system...
  8. WIN anniversary update automatically reverting to old version

WIN anniversary update automatically reverting to old version: I have tried several times to update to the anniversary update, and at the start, everything is going fine. the update installs correctly, and is working fine. but when i try to turn off the computer, it won't. the screen goes black, but 30 seconds later if i touch the mouse,...
  9. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  10. Wrong version of Anniversary?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong version of Anniversary?: I went to the nVidia website to download a new driver for my TITAN BLACK GPU, and it said there that my OS is Anniversary 32 bit! But on my computer, in SYSTEM INFORMATION, and in SPECCY, it says, WINDOWS 10 PRO, (which I'm supposed to have)! Can anybody tell me what's going...