Windows 10: Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4

Discus and support Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 10 Anniversary Update, with version 1607, installed satisfactorily EXCEPT Logitech gaming keyboard & mouse will not work in the game. Both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yodaplumber, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4

Windows 10 Anniversary Update, with version 1607, installed satisfactorily EXCEPT Logitech gaming keyboard & mouse will not work in the game. Both worked fine in prior version. Problem only occurs in this game. Any help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

:)

yodaplumber, Sep 17, 2016
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

Windows Safe Mode starts with a minimal set of Drivers installed, so if you have a Keyboard and Mouse that requires specific Drivers they possibly won't work. Unfortunately, you haven't given sufficient information for anyone to know if that is the case.
    In my experience it's always easiest to use a standard USB keyboard and mouse, if possible, when using these maintenance functions.

It's also possible that you need to update/reinstall any specific Driver Software for the Keyboard and Mouse following the Anniversary Update, so I would try that first.

Erdeslawe, Sep 17, 2016
  3. dccharron Win User
    Anniversary Update Can No Longer Use Arrow key to Shutdown

Since Windows Anniversary Update I find I can no longer use the keyboard to shutdown. I used to be able to use Windows key and then the Up Arrow key to select Shutdown. Now there is no way to do this using the keyboard. I realise that most will have a
    functional mouse to make the selection but I have had situations where the mouse is not functioning properly and I could still shutdown using the keyboard. Since WAU I can only do a 5 second "hard" power down. Not my preferred option.

dccharron, Sep 17, 2016
  4. Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4

- which model Logitech Keyboard and Mouse..??

- and which game..?*Nerd

BugMeister, Sep 17, 2016
  5. Battlefield 4

Thanks Cousin

yodaplumber, Sep 18, 2016
  6. - if the keyboard and mouse are both working OK, the problem must be with the game..
    - have you seen this vid..?
    [youtube]gdeP_zOcvus[/youtube]

- my Logitech G19 keyboard is working OK, as is my G9 mouse
    - but they're both wired..

PS. make sure that you have the latest version of Logitech Gaming Software installed..
    http://support.logitech.com/en_gb/ *Nerd

BugMeister, Sep 18, 2016
  7. Thanks for the video.....some good origin info in it. Just did all the latest Logitech updates, but no joy. Pretty sure it has something to do with the last big Windows 10 update as everything worked fine right up to that point.
    Thanks for your input BugMeister.

yodaplumber, Sep 18, 2016
  8. rydox Win User

Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4

I'm having the same issue, Logitech G710+ and G9 mouse. I can move the mouse in the deploy screen and deploy to the battlefield but once there I cannot use mouse or keyboard. Can't use the keyboard in the deploy screen either, just mouse.

I tried putting the bf4.exe in compatibility mode but that changed nothing. The only thing that I noticed that as changed is the Windows Anniversary update, I'm going to roll back soon if I can't find any other fixes.

rydox, Sep 24, 2016
  9. If you have access to a "standard" type keyboard and mouse,
    it might be worth trying them out, to see if the fault is hardware-related..

- can you borrow a different keyboard and mouse, just to check and make sure..??

BugMeister, Sep 24, 2016
  10. rydox Win User
    Tried it with a Razer Lycosa keyboard and its still not working. I don't have any other mice to test out, but I'm guessing same result since it doesn't seem related to brand.

rydox, Sep 24, 2016
  11. Tried Microsoft keyboard and mouse...no joy. Finally gave up and used the win 10 anniversary update (version 1607) rollback feature to previous version (1511) and wwalaa! Everything working great again. One caveat, 1511 then would not install any updates automatically soooo went to Microsoft update catalogue and downloaded & installed failed updates, (NOT the 1607 update!!). Everything now good. Note: update catalogue will not let you download updates unless your pop-up blockers are off.
    Hope it helps rydox

yodaplumber, Sep 24, 2016
  12. rydox Win User
    I went ahead and rolled back as well, everything's working now! This is the first issue I've ever had with Windows updates, hoping the last.

Thanks for updating me on what fixed it for you yoda!

rydox, Sep 24, 2016
  13. Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4

Glad to help rydox...while searching for a fix, I ran across more bitches about the 1607 update than lies killary Clinton has told in her life. Hope msoft does not do an auto update now that takes us back there! Good gaming to you.
    yoda

yodaplumber, Sep 24, 2016
  14. well done, you guys..
    glad it got sorted

- see you on the Battlefield..!! *chuckle

BugMeister, Sep 26, 2016
  15. rydox Win User
    So just to add to this, I went ahead and re-installed the Windows Anniversary Update due to other factors. After the install BF4 was not working again, so this time I did a full uninstall of the game and the downloaded it back fresh. Game was working! Added back my sweetfx settings, game not working...
    Took sweetfx back out and it's fine again, so I'm guessing it originally was not working for me because of this as well.

Yoda - Do you use sweetfx with your copy?

rydox, Oct 21, 2016
Thema:

Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4

1. Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4 - Similar Threads - Anniversary update won't

2. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse not functioning: Hi! I'm using an ASUS desktop that was dual booted with Ubuntu and Windows 7. On Windows 7, the keyboard was functioning but the mouse wasn't - so I downloaded the Remote Mouse app. As long as the app is launched, I can connect to the pc over WiFi and use my phone as a...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not functioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. After Update Mouse & Keyboard Won't Work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Update Mouse & Keyboard Won't Work: [IMG] My Acer all in one did an update. It is now stuck on this screen and the mouse and keyboard will not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-mouse-keyboard-wont-work/cead84ec-84af-4437-b2f8-8c941038d700
  6. BF4 Plugin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF4 Plugin: So after installing windows 10 and setting everything up, when i launch BF4 in origin and it opens up chrome, i install the plugin, but it does nothing. i cant join any games or anything. it says that the plugin hasnt been installed.... anyone else having this issue? 10228
  7. BF4 Summer update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF4 Summer update: A new update came out today, source http://battlelog.medalofhonor.com/bf...4797075140641/ [img] 20650
  8. BF4 Holiday update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF4 Holiday update: EA released an update. Now we can play Dragon Valley(From BF2) And Noshahr Canals(From BF3) https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/dice...lidayPatch.pdf oT3JWbBsu2E 35964
  9. Anniversary build defender won't allow what it thinks is malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anniversary build defender won't allow what it thinks is malware: Hi there If Windows defender thinks something is malware it deletes it before you've been given a chance to examine it. This is on release 1607 (Anniversary build). On 1511 you could see what Windows defender had caught and then allow / quarantine/remove. I can't see...
  10. Anniversary update won't complete...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary update won't complete...: I have a custom machine running 64-bit Win 10 Pro on an Asus P5Q Pro MB with 8 GB RAM and an Intel Quad processor. Each time I try to apply the anniversary update it goes through all of the downloads and then sometime during the update it quits with... "Something went...