Windows 10: Anniversary update won't complete...

Discus and support Anniversary update won't complete... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a custom machine running 64-bit Win 10 Pro on an Asus P5Q Pro MB with 8 GB RAM and an Intel Quad processor. Each time I try to apply the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HowardWoodard, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Anniversary update won't complete...

I have a custom machine running 64-bit Win 10 Pro on an Asus P5Q Pro MB with 8 GB RAM and an Intel Quad processor. Each time I try to apply the anniversary update it goes through all of the downloads and then sometime during the update it quits with...

"Something went wrong. Windows 10 installation file is corrupted, please try again.
    You can contact Microsoft support for help with this error. Here is the error code 0x8007000d"

I've tried uninstalling Norton AV, installing from the web and from DVD - same result each time. I've tried SFC and it says it finds missing/corrupted files but can't correct them. DISM gives similar results.

Anyone else run run across this and [hopefully] fix it?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer.

Howard

:)

HowardWoodard, Aug 3, 2016

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Using Windows 10 Update Assistant

While trying to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Update my computer hangs during the "preparing updates" phase at 32% completed and won't go further. I ran it for more than 24 hours at that spot without any change. What is happening with this update?

KathleenNicholas, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Anniversary update won't complete

I'm wired at this time.

The download is completing, its the first reboot that it hangs.

GregoryWallace, Aug 3, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Anniversary update won't complete...

Are you trying to do the update with any USB drives attached? If so try removing them first. Your initial download may be incomplete or corrupted and so you may need to start the download again.

philc43, Aug 3, 2016
  5. I have exactly the same problem,I have run the sfc scannow with the exact same responses as you got,totally mystified,hopefully someone will find a fix for this....

Silverwizard, Aug 3, 2016
  6. gvptm Win User
    My 64x Acer and 64x Asus updated OK. My 32x HP Compaq Tower has failed multiple times. Just removed a USB drive running ClipMate and am waiting on a new download.

gvptm, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Anniversary update won't complete...

1. Anniversary update won't complete... - Similar Threads - Anniversary update won't

2. Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Anniversary Update?: How do I upgrade from Win10 Home to the Anniversary ver? I am currently at the 2004 ver, I understand Anniversary was released in 2006. Do all subsequent updates carry the anniversary update and its features? If not, how would I go about upgrading to it? Thank you. 157468
  3. Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anniversary update won't allow mouse and keyboard to function in BF4: Windows 10 Anniversary Update, with version 1607, installed satisfactorily EXCEPT Logitech gaming keyboard & mouse will not work in the game. Both worked fine in prior version. Problem only occurs in this game. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, 64140
  4. Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't shut down after Anniversary update: I've upgraded to the Anniversary version 1607 Build 14393.51 and nothing will shut Edge down other than stopping the task in Task Manager. Has anyone else come across this? I can at least minimise it. 60043
  5. Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Anniversary update complete networking cockup with Virtualbox: I installed the anniversary update on a machine that had Virtualbox (current version 5.0.26) installed. Shortly after the install had completed, the machine lost network connection - networking was still running with no errors indicated but couldn't access Internet or other...
  6. Anniversary update won't install - no error code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update won't install - no error code: I've downloaded the update for my laptop through windows update 3 times now. Each time it completes download, then restarts, configures updates, then gives me the notification: "We couldn't finish installing updates" Following that, a check of my update history shows no...
  7. Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.

Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.: Went to the Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) site and after selecting the correct edition I tried to downloaded the ISO to a USB 3 drive (16 GB capacity). Each time I attempted the download, 3 times, it go to 97% and then said the download was interrupted. When I...
  8. Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary Update: How can I tell if I have received the "Anniversary Update"? 60115
  9. anniversary update, accept or not

anniversary update, accept or not: I know it will eventually be installed no matter what I do but it appears it is loaded with errors from what I read on this site and others. Can it be delayed at all. Upgraded from 7 to 10 last December. 59811
  10. search won't work in anniversary update of windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    search won't work in anniversary update of windows 10: After the Anniversary update (version 1607 via Windows Update), Search doesn't work properly - i no longer have a search icon in my taskbar. i do have a cortana icon. is this by design? - when i try to key something into where it says "ask me anything", i cannot enter any...