Windows 10: Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can'

Discus and support Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can' in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Has anyone else run into this problem while trying to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade? The updater gives me this message, saying "Uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by life036, Aug 16, 2016.

1. life036 Win User

Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can'

Has anyone else run into this problem while trying to install the Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade? The updater gives me this message, saying "Uninstall this app now because it isn't compatible with Windows 10", but it provides no name for the app and provides no way to uninstall it:

Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can' [​IMG]

So I tried running Microsoft's uninstall tool that allows you to force uninstall troublesome programs, and I found this app in it's uninstall list, called "Name not available":

Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can' [​IMG]

However, I try to uninstall using this tool and that fails as well. Has anyone else run into this or know of a solution?

Thanks

:)

life036, Aug 16, 2016
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Aug 16, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can' :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can' :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can' :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can' :)

musum, Aug 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 16, 2016
  5. life036 Win User
    life036, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversary Update won't install because "Name not available" app can' - Similar Threads - Anniversary Update won't

2. My windows 10 laptop won't install apps because of this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 laptop won't install apps because of this . . .: Whenever I am gonna install an app, for example is Spotify, after it was installed and I am about to open that app, there shows two prompts that said "The program can't start because api-ms-win-core-console-11-2-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the...
  3. Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home?: Is anniversary update available on windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-anniversary-update-available-on-windows-10-home/ae33bd53-4d67-4f23-9191-cbaa4f3c069e
  4. Anniversary update failed - After, no updates available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update failed - After, no updates available?: I just updated my 64-bit PC with the anniversary update, as confirmed by the changes to the notification at far right, and all programs showing on the start menu. But then, I tried the update on my 32-bit PC, which I started and let run while away from it. When I came...
  5. Anniversary update won't install - no error code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anniversary update won't install - no error code: I've downloaded the update for my laptop through windows update 3 times now. Each time it completes download, then restarts, configures updates, then gives me the notification: "We couldn't finish installing updates" Following that, a check of my update history shows no...
  6. Anniversary update - apps disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anniversary update - apps disabled: My update to Anniversary Edition went fine, except I think I Have 2 apps that it disabled. The Action Center noted it, I clicked and it went to the maintenance page and I didn't see the names of the apps anywhere. Is there a way I can see which apps were disabled so I can...
  7. Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.

Anniversary Update ISO Download Won't Complete.: Went to the Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) site and after selecting the correct edition I tried to downloaded the ISO to a USB 3 drive (16 GB capacity). Each time I attempted the download, 3 times, it go to 97% and then said the download was interrupted. When I...
  8. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2: Been out of loop for a while,can I still get this update? Running version 1511 now,is this a free upgrade?. Are their a lot of changes or should I stick to my current version. Thanks for any tips on this. 59543
  9. Anniversary update won't complete...

Anniversary update won't complete...: I have a custom machine running 64-bit Win 10 Pro on an Asus P5Q Pro MB with 8 GB RAM and an Intel Quad processor. Each time I try to apply the anniversary update it goes through all of the downloads and then sometime during the update it quits with... "Something went...
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update Available August 2: *ArrowWindows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums [img] Today we’re excited to announce the next major update to Windows 10 – the Windows 10 Anniversary Update – is coming on August 2. We are committed to delivering continuous innovation to you: including...