Windows 10: Anniversary Upgrade and current customization

Discus and support Anniversary Upgrade and current customization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Will personal customization be honored or retained within the Aug 2016 Anniversary upgrade? I haven't bothered uninstalling any little default (store)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rose W, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Rose W Win User

Anniversary Upgrade and current customization

Will personal customization be honored or retained within the Aug 2016 Anniversary upgrade? I haven't bothered uninstalling any little default (store) unused apps since I figured they'd likely be reinstalled with the Aug upgrade/update.

There is not a Microsoft Account on this desktop nor are there any tiles on the screen.
    There is an MS Account on a laptop and I do log in there but I do not log into the desktop.
    I cannot find any comments or articles stating that this type of 'customizing' will be retained.

:)

Rose W, Jul 20, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jul 20, 2016
  3. windows 10 pro 32 bit

Conflicts everywhere in your question. You want a custom Install- that would remove everything of your C:/ including programs and applications and reinstall windows.

On the other hand you say I don't want to upgrade.

So answer the following:

• What is your current windows version?
    • What is the version you are trying to get?
    • Do you want to do a clean Install of Anniversary update to windows 10?

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 20, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Anything that has changed since the last release is likely to be "reset". This could be just about anything.

Mystere, Jul 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary Upgrade and current customization - Similar Threads - Anniversary Upgrade current

2. Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade: I use Windows Home and find the inability to disable the Lock Screen on login really annoying. I used to use the registry fix on this forum but this no longer works. In Spotlight Mode, the correct Lock Screen background is shown when I use Windows Key + L but the last...
  3. anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....

in Windows 10 Customization
    anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....: It seems the anniversary update broke the ability to get custom colors though the run and then "control color" method. Is there any other way to achieve this? 65737
  4. Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Anniversary upgrade broke Hello: Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the update, even though I went through at least 10 "improve recognition" procedures by now. Before the update Hello worked so-la-la,...
  5. WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem: After having installed the upgrade, I was asked for Pin code or Microsoft account password. None of my formerly used pin code or password is accepted. I tried changing Microsoft account password on my laptop. Did not help. What can I do to start my computer? 59029
  6. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade: Hi. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade is not available for me yet. What could be the reason for that ? Thanks in advance for any input. 61967
  8. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...
  9. Anniversary: upgrade vs fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary: upgrade vs fresh install: Hey there, I've upgraded to Anniversary release using Upgrade Assistant, having Win 10 64-bit Pro version installed and everything is looking good until now. My concern is related to the programs functionality that was already installed, is this a good choice are there...
  10. Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?: I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this. Many are calling this an 'update', whereas a few are mentioning 'upgrade'. My understanding is that as an 'Update', we have no choice but to install it when released. i.e its just a normal Windows update. If it...