Windows 10: Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

Discus and support Anniversary upgrade broke Hello in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mmo, Sep 24, 2016.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the update, even though I went through at least 10 "improve recognition" procedures by now.

Before the update Hello worked so-la-la, i.e. it recognized me in maybe 50-60% but since the upgrade that rate has fallen to a flat 0%! *Sad

Anybody seeing similar behavior? Anything one can do as a user to improve that feature? This is on an MS Surface Pro 4.

:)

2. Hello Windows Webcam face recognition.

I have the same laptop. The Windows Hello facial recognition worked just fine before the Anniversary Update. After the Anniversary Update it broke. I've talked to a few people at ASUS after submitting a support ticket, and basically the problem is tied to
    the even bigger problem that the Anniversary Update broke webcam support within the OS.

The webcam works just fine with 3rd party apps, but the Win10 OS can't seem to use it. And it's not just an ASUS issue. It's any device with a webcam that isn't a Microsoft Product.

I've been waiting patiently for a fix (along with a lot of people online), but apparently the fix isn't a high priority. And that patience is wearing thin.

DenverRalphy, Sep 24, 2016
  3. upgrade

i had a dell studio with windows 10 (i upgraded from windows 7) it broke so i used an even older one how do i upgrade back to windows 10? (i got it when it was free for the anniversary)

ThomasHisle, Sep 24, 2016
Thema:

Anniversary upgrade broke Hello

1. Anniversary upgrade broke Hello - Similar Threads - Anniversary upgrade broke

2. Anniversary Upgrade and current customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anniversary Upgrade and current customization: Will personal customization be honored or retained within the Aug 2016 Anniversary upgrade? I haven't bothered uninstalling any little default (store) unused apps since I figured they'd likely be reinstalled with the Aug upgrade/update. There is not a Microsoft Account on...
  3. anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....

in Windows 10 Customization
    anniversary update broke the ability to use custom colors....: It seems the anniversary update broke the ability to get custom colors though the run and then "control color" method. Is there any other way to achieve this? 65737
  4. WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem: After having installed the upgrade, I was asked for Pin code or Microsoft account password. None of my formerly used pin code or password is accepted. I tried changing Microsoft account password on my laptop. Did not help. What can I do to start my computer? 59029
  5. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  6. Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Anniversary Update broke HP printer: I have an HP Office Jet Pro 8625 that worked fine until the windows 10 Anniversary update. It is connected via Ethernet. I can print to the printer fine from iphones, etc. so printer is ok. Windows keeps thinking the printer has gone offline. When I run the troubleshooter,...
  7. Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade: Hi. The Windows 10 Anniversary Upgrade is not available for me yet. What could be the reason for that ? Thanks in advance for any input. 61967
  8. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...
  9. Anniversary: upgrade vs fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Anniversary: upgrade vs fresh install: Hey there, I've upgraded to Anniversary release using Upgrade Assistant, having Win 10 64-bit Pro version installed and everything is looking good until now. My concern is related to the programs functionality that was already installed, is this a good choice are there...
  10. Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Anniversary. Is it an Update or an Upgrade ?: I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this. Many are calling this an 'update', whereas a few are mentioning 'upgrade'. My understanding is that as an 'Update', we have no choice but to install it when released. i.e its just a normal Windows update. If it...