Windows 10: Anniversary upgrade won't let me use my network!

Discus and support Anniversary upgrade won't let me use my network! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; AU just installed tried to access other computers on my network: Windows computers (2) asked for credentials won't accept user name and/or password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rboppy, Sep 21, 2016.

1. rboppy Win User

Anniversary upgrade won't let me use my network!

AU just installed tried to access other computers on my network:

Windows computers (2) asked for credentials won't accept user name and/or password.

Ubuntu shows up but "... is not accessible. You might not have permission..."

Anyone have a solution? Can't wait for my other computers to get the AU*Sad

:)

rboppy, Sep 21, 2016
  2. RogerSMTS Win User

New laptop (Windows 10 Pro) can login to one computer but not another

Just bought a new Lenovo Legion, upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I have two existing Windows 10 Pro computers on my private home network. One lets me access it across the network using known login credentials, the other says the password in incorrect and it
    won't let me login. The other two computers see each other just fine. Both the other computers use local logins with same account name and password. Why won't the new laptop get to one but not the other?

RogerSMTS, Sep 21, 2016
  3. How do I use an external hard drive to get the 16GB needed to install the anniversary upgrade?

I have a desktop with a small hard drive, but it's fine because I have a huge external hard drive to store all of my stuff.

However, the anniversary upgrade won't allow me to use an external HD to arrive at the required 16GB of disk space needed to perform the upgrade.

Is there a way around this?

DaveBiel617, Sep 21, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Check the bios to make sure that it is enabled if onboard, along with if you are using WiFi, that the proper SSID is connected and the proper passphrase. Since Linux is stating that there is an issue, it is most likely going to be a Gateway problem. If it can connect via Ethernet and take you to say Yahoo.com, then you know that it is not a Gateway issue, unless you have hidden the SSID and made some changes.

Each OS will get a different IP assigned, even if it is the same MAC ID. It is just how the software for Gateways and IPTables is written.

bro67, Sep 21, 2016
  5. rboppy Win User
    Would Windows Upgrade change to bios? I am using WiFi.

No problem accessing the internet.

Yesterday I was able to access everything, today nothing except the internet.

rboppy, Sep 21, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Try running the homegroup widget. It will tell you if your network has been switched from Private to Public. When that happens, loss of access to LAN resources is typical. You may need to reset that...
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 22, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    No, but someone playing with the utility can change it through UEFI. It is always the first step when troubleshooting.

bro67, Sep 22, 2016
  8. Samuria Win User

What username and password are you putting in it must be an account on the pc your connecting to not your pc username

Samuria, Sep 22, 2016
  9. rboppy Win User
    The HomeGroup widget (Control Panel > Network and Internet > HomeGroup) doesn't have an option for Privatee or Public.

rboppy, Sep 22, 2016
  10. rboppy Win User
    All four of my computers have the same username and password.

rboppy, Sep 22, 2016
  11. bro67 Win User
    That would have nothing with the device being disabled. They need to go and look to make sure that the adapters have not been disabled by going to Network Connections

bro67, Sep 22, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    And that would have nothing to do with your problem. Network Connections would show if that one machine has the adapters enabled or disabled. Same as if they are a part of the motherboard, you can check the Bios to make sure that they did not somehow get disabled in the bios. Pretty simple stuff.

bro67, Sep 22, 2016
  13. rboppy Win User

My Acer laptop has a Phoenix Bios, network boot is enabled, which doesn't surprise me, Windows Explorer sees all the connection, just won't let me aboard.

rboppy, Sep 22, 2016
  14. rboppy Win User
    Okay, when Windows 10 was first installed we (W10 and I) somehow changed my username to my email address, don't remember why, so now I can log in to my other computers.

One of my other computers received the AU last night and it works just fine, can log into my Ubuntu box just fine. So I brought the Acer up to my office and connected to the network via cat 5 instead of WiFi and was able to connect to Ubuntu.

Disconnected the cat 5, turned WiFi back on and rebooted, no access to Ubuntu, now this is getting to be complicated, my Acer is normally in my workshop, so there's a range extender half way between my office and shop. Connected to my office WiFi I can access Ubuntu, connected to range extender I can't, Windows Explorer sees it but won't connect, "Location is not available". Time to contact D-Link.

Thanks everyone, for your help.

rboppy, Sep 22, 2016
  15. ADDexplainsME, Sep 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Anniversary upgrade won't let me use my network! - Similar Threads - Anniversary upgrade won't

2. My email won't let me in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email won't let me in.: When I go to sign in the message says I must accept several items or my information. When I decline I get kicked back out. Do you have me locked out for some reason? It says I'm not logged in?...
  3. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  4. It won't let me in?

It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  5. My computer won't let let me update

My computer won't let let me update: So I have this desktop from 2011 I believe that originally ran on windows 7 home premium. Well I've had windows 10 installed for quite some time, it ran slow and I was aware I had viruses, unfortunately I don't have a virus cleaner and I can't afford one, so I figured I could...
  6. Won't let me upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't let me upgrade: I've been using windows for years and I like the updates and trying to cope up with it.However, I tried to upgrade this time to Windows 11 but it's saying I'm not eligible , I'm using a core i5 processor and a tuf-z370 plus board.What is the problem?...
  7. Won't let me upgrade

Won't let me upgrade: I've been using windows for years and I like the updates and trying to cope up with it.However, I tried to upgrade this time to Windows 11 but it's saying I'm not eligible , I'm using a core i5 processor and a tuf-z370 plus board.What is the problem?...
  8. Won't let me upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Won't let me use a PIN to log in....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Won't let me use a PIN to log in....: Windows claims I got my PIN wrong too many times and has locked it out. I can get in with the my password, but that is more difficult. It said I had to have the computer on for 2 hours to reset my PIN. So I left it on, but it didn't help. I deleted the PIN and tried to set...
  10. windows 10 pro won't let me network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 pro won't let me network: I just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro. How much ram is required to run program? It's running now but it wont let the network configure the other two computers in the house running 10 pro. So I figured maybe memory. Any Help would be greatly appreciated....