Windows 10: Anniversiary W10 Now or Wait

Discus and support Anniversiary W10 Now or Wait in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've read quite a bit about some downloading the Anniversary Edition of !0 before it becomes available as a standard update for our region. With me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lpatrick, Oct 31, 2016.

1. lpatrick Win User

Anniversiary W10 Now or Wait

I've read quite a bit about some downloading the Anniversary Edition of !0 before it becomes available as a standard update for our region. With me wanting to not rock the boat with W10 issues I assume it is best to be patient and wait for Anniversary W10 to be a automatic upgrade. Is this the safest and most prudent position?

Feeling my way into W10 step by step.
    lp

:)

lpatrick, Oct 31, 2016

2. Should I buy now, or wait a bit?

You could've went with the N82 though. It's pretty much the same as the N95 although with Xenon Flash and in a candy bar design.

leonwu2705, Oct 31, 2016
  3. Should I buy now, or wait a bit?

Hi alphaomega

I hope that you will be pleased with your purchasing decision and admire your resolve in giving the battery a full charge before trying it out.

scoobyman---01, Oct 31, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

What version are you at now ?

Type winver in the run box, post the entire result.

Where is your region, and please fill in your specs.

AddRAM, Oct 31, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    There is still a serious bug with the AU which can cause drives to go missing or appear with a RAW format. I've deferred the upgrade until this is fixed.

Steve C, Oct 31, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    While I agree that there is an issue with missing drives I don't think it's going to be resolved for some time. With luck soon but it's hard to say, IMO. I found that performing an upgrade to the AU there were no issues with drives missing but when I did a clean instillation one of my drives was missing. All I had to do was to assign the missing drive a letter name and it was back. So it's an issue but not one that can't be fixed easily.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Oct 31, 2016
  7. lpatrick Win User
    Wow! Thanks for the information. I certainly do not need any new issues.

lpatrick, Oct 31, 2016
  8. Steve C Win User

The missing drive issue may be easily fixed but what about drives appearing with RAW format as reported by some users?

Steve C, Oct 31, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    I would just disconnect any external drives when doing this update and that will prevent that issue. Generally speaking you can disconnect all non OS/Software drives and do the update and that will prevent this from occurring and when done reconnect them. You shouldn't' have to do this but it's a work around for now.

J..

BunnyJ, Nov 1, 2016
  10. Steve C Win User
    Is the problem just external drives which are easy to disconnect? I thought many people have had problems with internal drives. is that not the case?

Steve C, Nov 1, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes.. and you can disconnect those as well and perform the upgrade. All you need is the OS drive.

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Anniversiary W10 Now or Wait - Similar Threads - Anniversiary W10 Wait

2. Wait, flag emojis work now on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wait, flag emojis work now on windows 10?: I just noticed it today, I wonder what held them back for so long from adding flag emojis submitted by /u/Zlzbub [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tgt9k7/wait_flag_emojis_work_now_on_windows_10/
  3. 21H1 - Now or wait for it, your choice

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    21H1 - Now or wait for it, your choice: 21H1 has started rolling out & will over the next few weeks. You can wait for it to show up in WU OR you can have it, NOW. To have it without waiting use MCT. Download it, run it hitting Update Now. Cheers, Drew...
  4. Restart computer now or wait one hour.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restart computer now or wait one hour.: Hello everybody, I keep getting Windows will update. Restart computed now or wait one hour. How can I stop it. Don Cole 141857
  5. waiting.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    waiting.....: patiently for 11pm BST when BF1 unlocks in the UK *Biggrin any battlefield players here? 67495
  6. W10 updated Unable to log in now.

W10 updated Unable to log in now.: Hello, my Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop received the newest Windows update last week, and now I cannot log in. The machine boots and goes to the start screen, but when I try to click on the start or login, all the items on the desktop scroll to the top of the screen and...
  7. WSUS offline now with W10 support

WSUS offline now with W10 support: WSUS Offline is an app. to download updates from Windows Update and install them later. Very useful if you are an IT person and must update a lot of Windows installations. WSUS Offline Update - Update Microsoft Windows and Office without an Internet connection 18404
  8. Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now?

Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now?: I have more time on my hands now than what I will when W10 is officially released later this month. So, I wondered if it were possible to install the latest W10 preview as upgrade to W7-64bit now, then when W10 is released, just do an update with the proper W10 product key...
  9. Buy tablet now, or wait for the release of 10?

Buy tablet now, or wait for the release of 10?: I have a Huge, snorting, chugging laptop... buf am more enamored by lightweight, more portable tablets these days. Looking to buy a 10"-12" 'kind of on the light side' Windows tablet. Just don't know when. Any suggestions? 5206
  10. Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise -- Now switching to W10: Hi there Now that I can run Win 10 at least until OCTOBER (build 9926 extends till oct 1st) I am ditching my Win 8.1 Enterprise system -- was an old TechNet copy anyway. Windows 8.1 while better than 8 isn't going anywhere either. The only thing I wanted on Enterprise...