Windows 10: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10

Discus and support Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to VBS File Context Menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10

How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10

How to Add 'Run as administrator' to VBS File Context Menu in Windows 10

Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For example, when a program that you are trying to run is giving you a Access Denied or No Permission type error.

When you right click on application files, you can use the Run as administrator context menu item to run the app with elevated rights (full administrator access token).

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Run as administrator from the context menu of .vbs (VBScript) files for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add or remove this context menu.

EXAMPLE: "Run as administrator" in context menu of VBS files

Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Run as administrator" to VBS file Context Menu
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_VBS_Run_as_administrator.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Run as administrator" from VBS file Context Menu
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_VBS_Run_as_administrator.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jan 13, 2017

2. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

This didn't work for me. Sometime after upgrading to the Windows 10 Anniversary update I noticed Run as Administrator was missing from the right-click context menu. (I've also installed the Take Ownership reg hack which may be related?)

I also couldn't open an elevated DOS prompt. When I clicked shift right-click on the Start button and selected Command Prompt (Admin) a DOS window would pop open for a split second and then close, with no error indication.

One other strange thing that's been happening since the upgrade is Windows Explorer 'unexpectedly' stops and restarts several times a day. Sometimes on its own and sometimes when I click on a file or try to open the file in a program.

After installing your Run as Administrator .REG, it still does not show up on my context menu, but I see that opening an elevated DOS prompt now works. Thanks for fixing that at least. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 :) I can still open a program as Administrator if I press Shift then right-click and Run as a Different User and give the Administrator name and password.

Any suggestion for how to get Run as Administrator back into my Context Menu?

Thanks,
    Larry

Wrightclick, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 :(

ArmoredCavalry, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Jelu Cal Win User

Context menu problem

Hi,

Your concern with the context menu can be due to the configuration of your device and/or broken system files. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• The last known changes made/activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
    • If you've experienced your concern on all areas in Windows 10 where context menu is expected to be available. Examples are File Explorer and desktop icons.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In addition, we'd like to request for a screenshot of your concern with the context menu.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this link.
    In the clean boot environment, check if you'll be able to load the usual options for the context menu. The link will also provide steps to isolate the possible cause of the issue. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How
    to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    section to revert your device to normal boot.

If you still experience your concern while in the clean boot environment, we'd recommend creating a new user/administrator account to isolate profile related issues. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Kaboki Win User
    How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10

Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums

Is this still applicable for windows 10?
    I have not yet attempted to do this.

In my Downloads folder there are right click options to Install / Repair / Uninstall the LibreOffice installation file.
    I upgraded from windows 7 64 bit to windows 10 on my Lenovo G560 laptop.

I have looked at the Local Services setting for Windows Installer.
    The Manual option was off and I have started the service. There is no option (or I am unable) to switch to Automatic.

I have previously tried run the following commands from the cmd prompt as administrator.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow
    - no errors were found. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 :)

I then followed the instructions to unregister and re-register Windows installer :
    1. On the "Start" menu, Type Run in the search bar and hit enter.
    2. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /unreg", and then press ENTER.
    3. On the "Start" menu, Type” Run” in the search bar and hit enter.
    4. In the "Open" box, type "msiexec /regserver", and then press ENTER.

The other command I tried from the cmd prompt as administrator for the file filename.msi
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>msiexec.exe /i C:\myfoldername\filename

I got the following message.
    "The installation package could not be opened. Verify that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

I have downloaded the .msi file twice, and have downloaded from this site on many occasions without problems.

Kaboki, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Run administrator

2. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  3. Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows offers the Sandbox feature, which is perfect for testing out applications you don’t trust. However, testing them with Sandbox is not straight forward. You […] This article Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  4. Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add tasks with run as admin to context menu: One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on icons has a more flyout hiding the run as admin. But then I found a guide with a screenshot showing they have a "tasks" in...
  5. Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add or remove Run as Administrator to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The main security measure on any operating system is the privileges. This means that the execution of any process or simply a program can be done at various stages. Mostly, this decision is taken care of by the operating system [...] This post Add or remove Run as...
  6. How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10: Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums Is this still applicable for windows 10? I have not yet attempted to do this. In my Downloads folder there are right click options to Install / Repair / Uninstall the LibreOffice installation...
  7. Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows shares processor resources between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process (application) has a...
  8. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  9. Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  10. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of MSI Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to MSI File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...