Windows 10: Announcing Enterprise Site Discovery support on IE8, IE9, IE10

Discus and support Announcing Enterprise Site Discovery support on IE8, IE9, IE10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Rumors of Internet Explorer’s demise have been greatly exaggerated! We encourage all of our customers to stay up-to-date on the latest version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Announcing Enterprise Site Discovery support on IE8, IE9, IE10

Source: Announcing Enterprise Site Discovery support on IE8, IE9, IE10 and new privacy enhancements - IEBlog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

:)

Brink, Mar 19, 2015

2. Losing laptop internet connection (Edge)

Are you running Internet Explorer 8 (IE8), IE9, IE10 or IE11?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Mar 19, 2015
  3. Jetta48 Win User
    downgrade from internet explorer 11 to internet explorer 10?

Hi

The only version of IE that is supported on Windows 10 is IE11. You cannot downgrade to IE10 or an earlier version.

The only Windows version that allowed for downgrading from IE11 to IE10 was Windows 7 and even that is not now recommended since Microsoft ended support for IE8, IE9 and IE10 (on Windows 7) on 12th Jan 2016.

I suggest that you re-enable IE11 by reversing what you did in Turn Windows Features on or off. You will need to tick the box there again, select
    OK then restart your PC.

Jetta48, Mar 19, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Yeah, I would truly be surprised if IE was going to be killed off.

Here's my best guess. It's like Mozilla and Firefox. Firefox was originally a "streamlined, stripped down, super-fast" version of Mozilla. Spartan is much the same. They've stripped out all the legacy junk and it will be available as a standalone app for those that need no compatibility.

IE will still be provided for backwards compatibility, at least for a while... IE12 will likely have a compatible rendering engine with Spartan (although including legacy stuff which will make it heavier and slower). And use the IE Application frame.

Spartan will be the lean, mean, just the facts maam browser that has no legacy rendering support, and a simplistic application frame.

That's my best guess.

Mystere, Mar 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Announcing Enterprise Site Discovery support on IE8, IE9, IE10 - Similar Threads - Announcing Enterprise Site

2. efootball stuck on support site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    efootball stuck on support site: hi, i was downloading efootball2022 and left my pc in the night for sleep. the next time i woke up and checked the process, it already stops. every time i click on it, it brings me to the support site. it request the code, after i give it, it stuck on email form that i can't...
  3. efootball stuck on support site

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    efootball stuck on support site: hi, i was downloading efootball2022 and left my pc in the night for sleep. the next time i woke up and checked the process, it already stops. every time i click on it, it brings me to the support site. it request the code, after i give it, it stuck on email form that i can't...
  4. efootball stuck on support site

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Samsung announces discovery of new material for semiconductors

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung announces discovery of new material for semiconductors: Researchers at the Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology (SAIT) have unveiled the discovery of a new material, called amorphous boron nitride (a-BN), in collaboration with Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) and the University of Cambridge. Published...
  6. where is the scanner support site

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    where is the scanner support site: all of a sudden my wireless scanner is not responding to my windows 10 computer wirelessly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-scanner-support-site/563e9ce7-cdba-45a7-8732-a5438e6a2d36
  7. Using IE9 with Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Using IE9 with Windows 10: I use a company to create a Handbook for our Football League on line. I am told that to edit my handbook on line I have to be using IE9 which is 32 bit. When I tried to download IE9 to my computer I got a message saying that it could not be used with Windows 10 Is...
  8. Reverting to IE8

in Browsers and Email
    Reverting to IE8: I understand the admonitions, but I have a special need to revert the IE11 that comes with Windows10 back to IE8. We used to be able to do this fairly easily up through Windows 7 using a process of opening Windows Update, listing all updates, and removing those updates that...
  9. Announcing improvements to Enterprise Mode and Site Discovery

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing improvements to Enterprise Mode and Site Discovery: As we continue to hear feedback from our customers, we are making investments in tools and features that help our customers get to Internet Explorer 11 before the January 12, 2016 support deadline. We encourage all of our customers to stay up-to-date on the latest version and...
  10. Announcing Microsoft's New Channel 9 Preview Site

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Microsoft's New Channel 9 Preview Site: Hello everyone, We are thrilled to officially announce the launch of our newly designed preview site of Channel 9! Our development team has worked collaboratively and tirelessly to put together this new website. The new preview UI is accessible and follows a responsive...